Attention carnival miracle alaska and hawaii 2014 cruisers

PhxRain

I am very disappointed the June 17th sailing and Ketchikan was cancelled. We are a group of 10. This also happened to me in 2007 when I was supposed to get married on the ship. I have the worse luck with Carnival.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are booked for July and I am pretty upset. The cruise, airfare, hotel, excursions, etc for my family of 4 has been very expensive. It doesn't seem worth it for 2 Alaska ports. The whole idea was to see Alaska. A once in a lifetime trip for us. But now I'm stuck and I am not happy.

They are offering a full refund up to 3 weeks out...and 25% off a future cruise for those who aren't happy about the change.

Sounds like an azipod problem that requires more than just a port repair but more of a replacement of major component. Not very comforting this early in as we sail in 146 days and the dry dock is nearly one year away; not to mention that there are "icebergs straight ahead"...yikes!!

:eek:

We are booked for July and I am pretty upset. The cruise, airfare, hotel, excursions, etc for my family of 4 has been very expensive. It doesn't seem worth it for 2 Alaska ports. The whole idea was to see Alaska. A once in a lifetime trip for us. But now I'm stuck and I am not happy.

No. You're not stuck, you have options.

-Stay on this cruise.

-Jump to another cruise line

-Explore Seattle and the Pacific Northwest.

-Use the Alaska State Ferry System

I understand that the letter also says that Carnival will refund all nonrefundable costs (airfare, hotels) with documentation.

At least there is warning. We once had to reroute a two week vacation on day two due to forest fires.

Edited by SadieN

well, these things do happen, and I realize that... just seems that this is our second trip on Miracle and the 2nd time the same thing has happened.Just have to cancel our ketchikan excursions and try to double up in Juneau..

I'm not letting this get me down. As someone who travels almost weekly for work, you really learn to go with the flow (delayed/canceled flights, overbooked hotels even when you have a reservation, broken down rental cars....). We had Skagway replaced with Sitka and the days of Sitka and Juneau reversed. I was really looking forward to doing the train in Skagway, but from what I've been reading, Sitka is beautiful. I was also able to easily get my private booked excursion in Juneau pushed back a day.

It's in the contract that Carnival can change the itinerary at will, so I feel they are being more than generous with the $50 OBC and 25% off a future cruise.

Does anyone know if that 25% can be used towards a cruise that is already booked? (Thinking of my September sailing on the Breeze...)

They are offering a full refund up to 3 weeks out...and 25% off a future cruise for those who aren't happy about the change.

You do not get both. If you cancel the cruise, you get your money back for all expenses with the proper documention. BUT, you do not get the 25% off a future cruise. That only applies if you do NOT cancel this cruise.

I just got off the phone with my PVP. He said at this time no refund of port charges. Just the OBC and 25% future cruise discount. Oh well, I'm still going and I'll have a great time! But I will seriously review all my future cruise choices discount or not.

I don't think they actually CAN charge you for a port that you don't visit. But maybe that's where some of the supposed $50 OBC is coming from. When you look at it that way, Carnival isn't being so generous.

I don't think they actually CAN charge you for a port that you don't visit. But maybe that's where some of the supposed $50 OBC is coming from. When you look at it that way, Carnival isn't being so generous.

Yes, I thought the same thing. By them offering the $100 of OBC let say you use it for cocktails, their actual cost for that $100 is maybe $10 of actual supplies. So they look like champs for giving us $100 when in fact it only cost them $10. Now they're walking away with all those Ketchikan port charges. If your already going to spend that $100 it's an ok deal for you but it a great! deal for carnival.

Can the FCD of 25% be used with any booking rate such as Early Saver or Military or do you have to use it only with the high Fun Select rate? Just wondering as their Kids Sail Free offer could only be used on the FUn Select rate. This might affect some people's decision on whether to cancel or cruise and take the FCD certificate and OBC.

I am on the Miracle on both 5-13 and 9-18. I am DELIGHTED with the Alaska itinerary. :) :) The Hawaii itinerary isn't a plus with one less day in Maui, but, I go to Hawaii at least every year, so not much of an issue.

I'll gladly use the 2 25% off discounts. :)

Edited by Budget Queen

I agree. This is very disappointing. We chose this itinerary spefically for these ports and because it was round trip out of Seattle. While you can get refunded for the cruise and airfare, it's not going to the cover the several days we booked at hotels both before and after our trip, as well as private tours in Seattle. Oh well, shame on us for expecting the ports listed as we all know weather changes things at the drop of a hat. I just find it frustrating that Carnival is aware of this mechanical problem and doesn't plan on resolving it anytime soon. Oh well, live and learn. Sorry for venting.

You booked nonrefundable hotels and tours? Why don't you contact these vendors, they may have some refund policies in place that are exceptions.

I'm not letting this get me down. As someone who travels almost weekly for work, you really learn to go with the flow (delayed/canceled flights, overbooked hotels even when you have a reservation, broken down rental cars....). We had Skagway replaced with Sitka and the days of Sitka and Juneau reversed. I was really looking forward to doing the train in Skagway, but from what I've been reading, Sitka is beautiful. I was also able to easily get my private booked excursion in Juneau pushed back a day.

It's in the contract that Carnival can change the itinerary at will, so I feel they are being more than generous with the $50 OBC and 25% off a future cruise.

Does anyone know if that 25% can be used towards a cruise that is already booked? (Thinking of my September sailing on the Breeze...)

dont think it is 25% off a fute cruise... it says "25% off FCD.. i think that mens future cruise DEPOSIT" ??

Please keep in mind that when a ship needs to go into dry dock it is not a Simple process. First they have to find/schedule an available location, set up the foundation that the ship will rest on(can take weeks), and finally reposition the ship. I for one am not happy my 5-20-14 itinerary was changed, but it will not ruin my day or vacation. Life is too short to worry/get upset about things you cannot change. To me hitting 3 ports is better than having my cruise cancelled. If I enjoy Alaska that much I will use my discount to go again. Thank you Carnival for the option to cancel and the OBC/future cruise discount.

Just my 2 cents and I do not work for Carnival.

I am going May 27 on the Miracle. I always book a Cruise with an open mind, knowing, that itineraries can change at any time. I notice a lot of people complaining have cruised enough they should know this. I also notice a lot of them have Cruised Carnival countless times and apparently keep going back. If you hated Carnival so much, you would not go back. Yes, maybe more affordable, maybe more fun, who knows what draws you to Carnival. I would bet most people on here will still go their cruise and have a fabulous time. So really, either cancel and go on other ship, or go on your cruise, enjoy your OBC, your 25% off next cruise and make the most of it. Life is too short to be anything but happy! :D

There is no way you would find me on a less than fully operational ship on any exotic cruise, no matter how much they are trying to sugar coat it.

I would take the full refund option, and book on something that operates at 100 percent capacity. This is an insult that they are not taking care of the issue.

Carnival is being more than generous with what they are offering. Not many other businesses are this generous. I do not see how they are degrading any of their customers. They are offering a full refund to those who want it including non refundable airfare and other costs (according to the link in the posting earlier).

When Royal cancelled our Egypt stop on our Med cruise back in '09 no compensation or refunding of the cruise was offered.

I do not see this as a "cost saving ploy" I see it as making a lot of customers happy by not canceling their cruise of a lifetime. And how much are the actual port charges per person for Ketchikan-anyone know?

I was not singling any certain poster on here with my previous post. But not all Carnival cruisers are there to be in an "alcoholic haze" for the whole cruise. In all my cruises I have never seen a fist fight and never anyone "passed out" from drinking. I have heard those short 3 day cruises are booze cruises and that is why I will not take one. Who cares what other people wear too?

those are the trolls I was referring to earlier.

I am just so tired of all the negativity in this me, me, me world today. Just my two cents.