NCL"S Big Mistake, New Orleans.

Diller12

The Dawn comes to New Orleans November, 2014 Thru April, 2015. No Problem.

But Then They Are Bringing Her back In November 2015 Thru April, 2016.

What happened with keeping a Fresh / Different ship.???

And with the Carnival Dream in town. This Is A Big Mistake.. Just My Opinion...

What is wrong with the same ship for a couple of years? The Spirit was there for more than one season and garnered quite the "fan club". NCL only has so many ships to deploy to different embarkation ports. I actually look forward to the Spirit being brought back for an encore season in the future.

As someone that can easily drive to NOLA on short notice I am just glad to see a ship continue to be in NOLA.

I have never sailed the Dawn so I will keep an open mind. I am disappointed that it doesn't have a Great Outdoors since breakfast out on the back of the ship is one of my favorite things. It's just a great place to spend time other times of the day as well.

I would have liked to see a different ship just based on the fact that the Dawn is missing that.

I would been fine if they placed the Spirit, Sun or any of the Jewel ships there full time however.

I will check out the Dream but only when there is no NCL ship in NOLA like in September or October.

What is wrong with the same ship for a couple of years? The Spirit was there for more than one season and garnered quite the "fan club". NCL only has so many ships to deploy to different embarkation ports. I actually look forward to the Spirit being brought back for an encore season in the future.

--

I Agree with you 100% About the Spirit.. Awesome Ship. I too would like to see her come back. However the Dawn Class Ships Are No Spirit.!! Since they took the Spinnaker Lounge Out And Put In in the Basement. And just about everywhere you go on board means Climbing Stairs to get there. Dont get me wrong A Cruise Is Still A Cruise Yeha... But You just need to Break things up a Little bit...

Diller!! What is up? We just booked an 11-day southern Caribbean on the Pearl today sailing out of Miami Dec 2015. Would love to sail the high seas with you and your wonderful DW again some day. Hope all is well for you.

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

The Dawn comes to New Orleans November, 2014 Thru April, 2015. No Problem.

But Then They Are Bringing Her back In November 2015 Thru April, 2016.

What happened with keeping a Fresh / Different ship.???

And with the Carnival Dream in town. This Is A Big Mistake.. Just My Opinion...

I don't see it as a mistake. Just saw the Dawn a few days ago leaving Belize and knew I would enjoy a cruise on the Dawn. As for Carnival let them bring it on and those who love Carnival will be happy.

As long as NCL is willing to bring any ship to NOLA I will be there:)

Ships are also put in dry dock such as the Jewel which I loved sailing out of NOLA. She'll be pulled out for refurbishment in May for redecorating and I imagine to install new exhaust scrubbers to meet stricter US air quality restrictions. Pretty amazing how cruise lines must juggle itineraries and maintenance among so many other things. Dawn will have its turn too.

Edited by kylenyc

Be lucky you have a ship......we have a cruise terminal and no ship. :(

I would love to see NCL put a ship in the VA area or at least, when they do their repo from Tampa to Boston or visa versa, stop once on the east coast. I don't understand the Ops concern about a slightly older ship sailing out of NOLA. I am also looking forward to the Houston port sailing. I just wish they would change the itinerary some. We are tired of Belize, Cozumel, etc.

I would love to see NCL put a ship in the VA area or at least, when they do their repo from Tampa to Boston or visa versa, stop once on the east coast. I don't understand the Ops concern about a slightly older ship sailing out of NOLA. I am also looking forward to the Houston port sailing. I just wish they would change the itinerary some. We are tired of Belize, Cozumel, etc.

Completely agree that NOLA needs some changes to the itinerary. We have looked at Houston and it's the same as NOLA.

The Triumph was in New Orleans for 2 years (24 months) then the Conquest for 2 years (24 months). The Serenade will be there for at least 2 seasons (12 months) and the Elation will be there at least 4 years (48 months).

What is unusual about the Dawn being there 2 seasons (12 months)? Does this mean Carnival and Royal Caribbean made "Big Mistakes" too?

I'd sail anything out of NOLA again, with a change in itinerary.

I'm looking forward to sailing out of Houston, but need a much different itinerary. MUCH!

The Jewel out of Houston will be doing the new Banana Coast port instead of Roatan but will be dropping Costa Maya so only 3 stops.

NCL was doing alternating runs out of NOLA on the Jewel this past fall doing Jamaica, Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

It would be nice to see them do that full time.

Beyond that they are pretty limited as to where you can go in 7 days out of NOLA. I have done the current itinerary out of NOLA many, many times and still find new stuff to do when I go.

NCL's 4 stops still trumps Carnival and RCCL's 3 stops.

I would love to see NCL put a ship in the VA area or at least, when they do their repo from Tampa to Boston or visa versa, stop once on the east coast. I don't understand the Ops concern about a slightly older ship sailing out of NOLA.

NCL from time to time does do port stops out of Norfolk. I got to see the Jewel once. I'd happily take a ship older or not. Even took Carnival once just to go out of Norfolk and remember why I sail NCL.....;)