Drinks

Apologize now, I know there have been several posts on this but I'm still curious on a few things.....

With the drink packages do they include hard liquor like Jameson or jack?

What stops one person from getting the drink and giving it to friend?

My boyfriend can drink but we are still debating wether it is worth it. Don't know if we'll drink $400 worth each.

Also, haven't sailed royal in a few years (can't wait to be back on a royal Carr ship) how strict are they on what you can bring on board? Can you bring your own bottles of water? Can you still get away with sneaking on your own liquor?

Thanks

Cheryl

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Allure of the Seas in Aug :-)

The packages include hard liquor, up to the $10 limit per drink.

Royal now allows you to bring up to two bottles of wine per stateroom, no larger than 750ml each.

Edited by clarea

You can't get 2 drinks in fast succession...so if you are "giving a drink to a friend", you won't be able to get YOUR drink for a while! The packages are NOT intended to be shared.

If your cruise is port intensive, you will likely be off the ship, making getting drinks on the package difficult! You can buy drinks as you want them, you know.

Apologize now, I know there have been several posts on this but I'm still curious on a few things.....

My boyfriend can drink but we are still debating wether it is worth it. Don't know if we'll drink $400 worth each.

Also, haven't sailed royal in a few years (can't wait to be back on a royal Carr ship) how strict are they on what you can bring on board? Can you bring your own bottles of water? Can you still get away with sneaking on your own liquor?

Thanks

Cheryl

TBH, nothing is really stopping you from giving a drink to a friend. They do say the package is not to be shared, and you can't order 2 drinks at the same time. However I don't believe they have something in place where you say go to a bar and order a drink, then go to another and order a second. This is my first time getting a drink package, so i'm not speaking from experience just from what i've gathered on CC. There is no time limit between drinks. The only thing that Does have a time limit is the free style soda machine. You are able to refill in 15 min. intervals

The alcoholic beverage packages certainly include those. (There are both alcoholic and non-alcoholic packages available for purchase.)

Morals. And a vigilant staff.

You can drink without a package. ;) If you don't think that you will drink that much, or you have a lot of port days, then don't buy a package. They will be happy to sell you individual drinks. :D

Unless you are sailing during spring break, there is rarely a problem carrying on some water. I would like to think/hope that fewer and fewer people are "sneaking" alcohol on board, since Royal Caribbean now allows two bottles of wine per cabin, and since Royal Caribbean now sells packages which make it easier than ever to drink. ;)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Bartender on Allure told us that the system does not stop them from giving out drinks within a certain timeframe but that there is a review of the log and the bartenders can be disciplined for serving too often. Also indicated that the package can be revoked on review if it appears that you are ordering too many drinks by going bar to bar and likely sharing them.

Not sure if there is any truth to either of those statements since it was "what a bartender told us" rather than a written policy document but it seems possible.

Yes, up to a limit of I think $10.00

Being honest, not wanting to steal (another word for share), etc. I buy a drink package. My wife does not. She pays as she goes, and yes, she pays for it. We both were brought up not to steal.

Boyfriend buys the package, and you buy as you go - Note the above statement.

It's funny, but all the questions you are asking leads to sneaking abound, smuggling, sharing packages etc? Wouldn't it be better just to be honest?:D

Thanks

Cheryl

aaa

Only the Premium and Ultimate package include hard liquor. The other packages do not (Select includes only beer and wine, the others are all non-alcoholic packages). Premium and Ultimate include all mixed drinks/shots up to $10 in value... above that and you pay the price difference (pay $2 on a $12 drink).

The fact that you can only order one drink at a time with the package discourages package sharing. Obviously it is doable (ordering 2 drinks a couple minutes apart or at two different bars), but it does take some annoying effort, and enough people won't bother that RCI sees this as enough to prevent sharing. Also the stated policy is sharing is not allowed, but that's as far as its enforced.

Really it comes down to personal preference as to whether the package is worth it. Many state its about purchasing peace of mind rather than trying to "come out ahead". If you have a port-intensive itinerary without a stop at Coco Cay or Labadee, it will be harder to "break even". Since the packages include gratuity, depending on the price of drinks you are tying, you can "break even" in as little as 4 drinks/day and as many as 7 drinks/day. Other factors to keep in mind is if you are bringing wine on board, and if you are going to any events or excursions which include alcohol already.

The official word on water being brought board is "no", but outside of spring break, they are usually fine with bringing a reasonable amount of sealed bottled water (usually up to a case). You can bring on two 750ml bottles of wine per cabin with no corkage fee as long as you don't open it in a public area (but you can bring glasses poured in your room anywhere but the pool deck... for obvious safety reasons). An actual bottle of liquor brought on will almost definitely be found/confiscated but will probably be returned to you on the last night of the cruise. As with any cruiseline, they are inconsistent with their catching of products like Rum Runners. Many have success since the security is quite rushed and focused more on safety, but it's still a gamble, and those are almost never returned if confiscated, so smuggle at your own risk.

Yes, Jack is part of the premium liqour. As far as is the pkg right for you, simply do the math.

Call drinks $10

Beer $7

Some drinks are $12, the premium pkg allows for a max of $10 charge, so you'll pay the difference on a $12 drink.

$55/day at these prices = about 6 to 7 drinks daily.

If your trip is port intensive, you may not hit these numbers.

I buy the pkg each cruise. I like the convenience, the ability to order what I want, when I want it, and also to try a various drinks. I'm on vacation. It's nothing for me to start a day w/ Bloody Marys and then just move on to beer and then liquor. To each their own!

Sharing is taboo has you've read. I'm sure it happens. But don't be surprised if you get busted for it if you try it.

aaa

Not going to steal more concerned about if they'll have a problem with me trying his drinks.

And heard 2 bottles of wine was ok but wanted to verify with frequent cruises

Also like to have bottled water handy in the room, in the past brought few on with me didn't know if that had changed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone know does royal Caribbean still mail out a booklet with travel documents and luggage tags before u travel?

And with my time dinning do you have to make reservations?

They do not send out a paper booklet anymore, unless you request paper documents and pay an extra $35. If you do pay the $35, then you will get luggage tags too.

They do not send luggage tags automatically. If you are in a Grand Suite or better, or are Pinnalce level in Crown & Anchor, then you can use Royal's website to request mailed luggage tags, at no extra charge.

There will also be a place on Royal's website to print luggage tags.

Edited by clarea

Anyone know does royal Caribbean still mail out a booklet with travel documents and luggage tags before u travel?

And with my time dinning do you have to make reservations?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You do not need reservations for MTD..but can make them if you want to.

Edited by janice2348