Zuiderdam current conditions

g&gtravel

Just disembarked from Zuiderdam yesterday and wanted to post a quick note. We adjusted the AC upward because we found it too cool for us, so no problems with AC. All the plumbing that we used worked just as designed and as expected, so no problems with that. Easy on and easy off the ship. Food was what we expected, which is good. Entertainment was normal, with the best being Heather Sullivan, who is still on for repositioning cruise. Crew was constantly cleaning, so very content with condition of ship. (If you want to find problems with anything, you can either find something or create something.)

Bottom line: We were very please with the cruise, the ship condition and the attention being given to those onboard. It certainly met our expectations.

g

Just disembarked from Zuiderdam yesterday and wanted to post a quick note. We adjusted the AC upward because we found it too cool for us' date=' so no problems with AC. All the plumbing that we used worked just as designed and as expected, so no problems with that. Easy on and easy off the ship. Food was what we expected, which is good. Entertainment was normal, with the best being Heather Sullivan, who is still on for repositioning cruise. Crew was constantly cleaning, so very content with condition of ship. (If you want to find problems with anything, you can either find something or create something.)

Bottom line: We were very please with the cruise, the ship condition and the attention being given to those onboard. It certainly met our expectations.

g[/quote']

Thanks for the great review- we'll be boarding Zuiderdam soon- great to hear all is good!

Did you try Pinnacle?

We are currently on the Zuiderdam and so far so good. Our AC is working and our toilet is flushing. The service is good and we are enjoying ourselves. What more could we ask for? :)

Life is good on Ms Z- saw you at sail away yesterday and look forward to meeting soon!

We're hoping that the PG manager is good- the manager on Oosterdam last year (Sebastiaan) was wonderful- took great care of us. If only we could get our favorite waiter PG Clifford again- we'd be happy campers :)

Just disembarked from Zuiderdam yesterday and wanted to post a quick note. We adjusted the AC upward because we found it too cool for us, so no problems with AC. All the plumbing that we used worked just as designed and as expected, so no problems with that. Easy on and easy off the ship. Food was what we expected, which is good. Entertainment was normal, with the best being Heather Sullivan, who is still on for repositioning cruise. Crew was constantly cleaning, so very content with condition of ship. (If you want to find problems with anything, you can either find something or create something.)

g

I'm relieved to read that the (previously) reported 'issues' related to (lack of) a/c & (non-functioning) toilets on the Zuiderdam have been addressed, (for now)! ;)

We returned from a Zuiderdam cruise on 07 April and we wholeheartedly agree with the above assessments. We had some reservations after reading some of the horror stories, especially the lack of AC (we were cruising to Aruba, Curacao and Panama, after all). While the outside temperatures were quite normal (hot and sticky), we were not.

I have often been compared to a polar bear (with shorter hair :)), but I found the cabin temperature quite agreeable, even a tad cool, a few times. No plumbing issues that we were aware of.

Food and service was as expected (food, very good/service, excellent).

Ray in NH

We returned from a Zuiderdam cruise on 07 April and we wholeheartedly agree with the above assessments. We had some reservations after reading some of the horror stories, especially the lack of AC (we were cruising to Aruba, Curacao and Panama, after all). While the outside temperatures were quite normal (hot and sticky), we were not.

I have often been compared to a polar bear (with shorter hair :)), but I found the cabin temperature quite agreeable, even a tad cool, a few times. No plumbing issues that we were aware of.

Food and service was as expected (food, very good/service, excellent).

Ray in NH

Considering I have 11 good friends aboard Zuiderdam currently and I will be embarking when she arrives in San Diego, this information is greatly appreciated.

We are currently on the Zuiderdam and so far so good. Our AC is working and our toilet is flushing. The service is good and we are enjoying ourselves. What more could we ask for? :)

Keep it in good shape for us when we board in Vancouver. We will see you then.

Smooth sailing!

I too just got off and travelled with Ray in NH. We found the food the A/C the toilets and the crew as good as we have ever had. This was our third time aboard this ship. Our 15th HAL cruise. We thought it may be too hot but found every thing working well. Hats off to HAL. Colakid.

A year ago they wanted to sail the ship to the scrapyard.

Now everything's groovy

Ho Hum

I can only report on what our experiences were, as I feel others have also done. I have had very different experiences on the same ship, sometimes only a month later.

I apologize if this is boring to you. Would you like to share your experiences, in this matter?

Ray in NH

I can only report on what our experiences were, as I feel others have also done. I have had very different experiences on the same ship, sometimes only a month later.

I apologize if this is boring to you. Would you like to share your experiences, in this matter?

Ray in NH

Since you asked...being in the marine industry half my life.

Machinery running 24/7 in the elements of saltwater, things are going to break. It could be normal brake down of machinery (like your car or hot water heater) could be passengers throwing foreign objects in toilets (who am I kidding this would never happen?) could be a part that's $0.39 that's screwing up everybody's A/C

I do know that the Captain does not start the trip hoping the A/C and plumbing go out during his cruise.

Starting threads about which cabins have problems with A/C or plumbing is laughable. They will fix the problems,then next week it could be another set of cabins,then next week another set.

Machinery running 24/7 in the elements of saltwater, things are going to break. It could be normal brake down of machinery (like your car or hot water heater) could be passengers throwing foreign objects in toilets (who am I kidding this would never happen?) could be a part that's $0.39 that's screwing up everybody's A/C

I do know that the Captain does not start the trip hoping the A/C and plumbing go out during his cruise.

Starting threads about which cabins have problems with A/C or plumbing is laughable. They will fix the problems,then next week it could be another set of cabins,then next week another set.

Well obviously we should feel sorry for Holland America, and the captain - and not for the paying customer suffering through mechanical misfunctions. Obviously none of it is true, anyway, according to some on here. Personally, I take every post at face value - and discount the cheerleaders or those who strongly object to any negative report.

The thread was opened to applaud the current condition of the Zuiderdam- not the past. I couldn't be happier since I will be boarding her in a few weeks.

Thanks to g&gtravel for the report!

Edited by frankc98376

Are you going strictly by past threads? Or have you sailed on her? My thought is you are going by past reports. Just like the OP said, you can create your own problems. I read reviews and take them at face value. Some people will never be happy.

I guess my question is, why are you being so negitive?

g

Thank you for the current update of the Zuiderdam.