Gov't Fees and Taxes

I'm new to Cruise Critic so if this has been discussed before, please direct me to the thread. I hope this isn't taboo to talk about.

I'm finding Gov't Fees and Taxes are much higher this year than last year. For example, the Allure out of FLL, 7N Caribbean, now about $230. last year about $150. The Enchantment out of Port Canaveral, 4N Bahamas, now about $135, last year about $70. The Freedom out of Port Canaveral, 7N Caribbean, also now about $230. By comparison, Ruby Princess out of FLL, 7N Caribbean, about $105 to $125.

Anybody know what's going on?

Augie

Augie

I am not sure where you are coming up with your numbers. I just priced Allure for this coming May. Taxes and fees are about $115 per person. For next March 2015 it is about the same. I just checked my reservation for the cruise on Allure that we completed last month and was booked in May 2013 and the taxes and fees were $120 per person.

I'm new to Cruise Critic so if this has been discussed before, please direct me to the thread. I hope this isn't taboo to talk about.

I'm finding Gov't Fees and Taxes are much higher this year than last year. For example, the Allure out of FLL, 7N Caribbean, now about $230. last year about $150. The Enchantment out of Port Canaveral, 4N Bahamas, now about $135, last year about $70. The Freedom out of Port Canaveral, 7N Caribbean, also now about $230. By comparison, Ruby Princess out of FLL, 7N Caribbean, about $105 to $125.

Anybody know what's going on?

Augie

Augie

check your facts again

Are you confusing/intermixing "Govt Fees and Taxes" that are add-ons to the Cruisefare or are you looking at "NCF's" (so-called Port charges) that are the portion of the cruisefare that the cruiseline doesn't pay TA's commission on (that TA's break out separately but cruiseline doesn't)?? ken

Edited by Ken076

Are you confusing/intermixing "Govt Fees and Taxes" that are add-ons to the Cruisefare or are you looking at "NCF's" (so-called Port charges) that are the portion of the cruisefare that the cruiseline doesn't pay TA's commission on (that TA's break out separately but cruiseline doesn't)?? ken

Good point. If the OP has an invoice or quote from a travel agent, they tend to group the NCF's with what we see as taxes on Royal's website. Makes the cruise fare look loer and the taxes look higher.

Those numbers definitely resemble to NCFs and not the taxes and fees.

Taxes and port fees must legally be disclosed separately now from what I understand. So when viewing on the Royal website they would say taxes and fees. The $230/$150 is most definitely the NCF on Allure.

My taxes and fees for Allure and Oasis for 2015 and 2016 were around the $115 $120 mark.

Actually that is what they are now. When I booked them on the day they were released they had made a mistake and I was only charged $99pp on the Allure and $103pp on the Oasis and that was CDN$. They have since changed them to the proper pricing on the website. Saved just over $100 on each cruise.:)

I'm sorry all, I feel stupid. I got those numbers from Book Now and didn't go beyond that to get the breakdown. Didn't realize that was the total fee for both not individual. Please end this thread now. Another lesson.

Augie

I'm sorry all, I feel stupid. I got those numbers from Book Now and didn't go beyond that to get the breakdown. Didn't realize that was the total fee for both not individual. Please end this thread now. Another lesson.

Augie

Thanks for reporting back. At least the mystery is solved.:)