Celebrity cruise with teenage children

mikejlfc

Hi, we are considering going on Celebrity Reflection in August but are unsure if our teenage daughter would enjoy it. Our last cruises have been on Carnival and RCI and she's had an amazing time and met lots of friends on board. There aren't many reviews regarding family experiences on Celebrity in general.

Thanks in advance.

Celebrity cruises are not ideal for children ,where Royal Caribbean cruises have many more activities for teenagers .We always recommend Royal Caribbean cruise ships for adults taking children on their cruise;)

Our kids had a great time on our last cruise with celebrity and can't wait for our Alaskan cruise in July. They plan to hang out at the teens club, at least to start with, hopefully making new friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Celebrity cruises are not ideal for children ,where Royal Caribbean cruises have many more activities for teenagers .We always recommend Royal Caribbean cruise ships for adults taking children on their cruise;)

Completely disagree with this statement., Celebrity is a great cruise line for kids, they have excellent childrens programs. My kids grew up from 5yrs to 18plus and enjoyed Celebrity more than other lines they were on. They don't have water slides or wall climbing but I would have absolutely no qualms in recommending them to others.

Edited by dkjretired

Most teenagers could care less about organized activities. My daughter (now 15) hasn't been to an organized activity on a cruise in years. Her normal pattern now is to visit the teen hangout on the first night (typically when they do some meet & greets), find some friends, and then hangout with them all over the ship the remainder of the trip.

For most teens, what matters most is a good number of other teens on board.

We were on the Silhouette in June 2013 and there were many families on board with kids who seemed to be having a blast! There was always alot to do during sea days and no one seemed bored. I have also cruised with Royal Caribbean twice and both lines seemed to be very kid friendly. My wife and I felt the only difference between both these amazing lines was the food, with Celebrity being slightly better. (Loved the Mast Grill)

We just returned from the Reflection on April 12. We brought our son who is 15 and his friend on board with us. If you are looking for the water slide, ice rink, etc type of entertainment, the Reflection is not your ship. Those things are not important to our kids. We sailed on a RC ship a couple of yrs ago with this, and after doing it a couple times the kids weren't even interested in it. My son liked the Reflection so much that we just booked the Silhouette for an after Christmas sailing as a surprise for the family.

We made the kids go to the teen open house the first night and their initial response was there are not many kids on the ship (even though it was our Spring Break!). We encouraged them to try it again the next day, and by Wednesday they had found a group of boys to hang with the entire week and we rarely saw them except for meals. They played basketball, ping pong, poker, xbox, hung by the pool, etc. You will receive a card everyday from your room steward with the activities planned for the next day in the teen center. Ours always left us 3. One for each boy and also for us which was nice to have. The boys would pick and choose which things they wanted to go to and found other things to do in between. (mostly eating pizza in the Ocean View Cafe I think!).

We love sailing Celebrity and our kids have too. I would not worry about nothing to do on the ship. Kids find their own entertainment.

Hi, we are considering going on Celebrity Reflection in August but are unsure if our teenage daughter would enjoy it. Our last cruises have been on Carnival and RCI and she's had an amazing time and met lots of friends on board. There aren't many reviews regarding family experiences on Celebrity in general.

Thanks in advance.

We cruised on the Eclipse last year at the end of July and my teenage children had a great time. Keep in mind that most european countries have their vacations in August, bet there will be plenty of families on your cruise. BTW, my teenage children like Celebrity more than RCCL and Disney. We will be on the Reflection in July. :)

On behalf of Mikejlfc who's CC APP has died recently, Thanks for all your replies, Reflection definitely on our short list now along with Regal, Neiuw Amsterdam and Serenade of the Sea for this summer 🚢

Most teenagers could care less about organized activities. My daughter (now 15) hasn't been to an organized activity on a cruise in years. Her normal pattern now is to visit the teen hangout on the first night (typically when they do some meet & greets), find some friends, and then hangout with them all over the ship the remainder of the trip.

For most teens, what matters most is a good number of other teens on board.

I have had this same experience with my kids on Princess which I think is on par with the Celebrity program. My kids have only sailed on Princess so they don't have a Carnival or Royal Caribbean experience to compare it to like the OP's teen.

Personally if I was a teen Princess, Celebrity and HAL would be the last cruise lines I would want to sail on. Each child is different and I always wanted to book a Royal Caribbean cruise when my kids were young but they both insisted on Princess.