Trouble securing room upgrade with price drop - suggestions/comments?

I agree with the others - screen shot AND courtesy hold.

We had this 'weekend rate' a couple weeks ago and didn't act on it. Lo and behold, this low rate was back on Monday night.

I know you're going on this Majesty shorter cruise - knowing a little of your cruising history, I highly suggest you fighting for that SOV cabin. It's so much nicer than the regular OV.

good luck! Let us know how you make out.

The blew off my TA today according to the email from him. Funny, they are about the largest TA going with RCI and the one Royal recommended to me. He suggested that because of the holiday there was no one on staff with any authority; this I do believe. He will go to bat for me tomorrow on this. At this point I'm not expecting RCI to honor their rules but I await to be pleasantly surprised.

There are still at least 14 of these rooms (not counting the one I have on hold) available. Since they are selling my current room for more $$$ you'd think they'd want to deplete the lower cost category via upgrades and free up the higher revenue ones.

Edited by LMaxwell

Hi Everyone.

Tried last weekend to get a diff cabin for the EXACT same price thanks to the "weekend sale" To no luck!!!

Our final payment was made just 6 days prior (same day we booked trip). No one could help us, but we didn't try the Resolution dept.

I explained when I called that this makes absolutely no sense and there's no reason to ever book early. I could tell the call was going nowhere. Just a bummer that we couldn't get a diff room for the same amt.

I'm simply trying to get a price reduction on two of my cruises since it's prior to final payment. Over the weekend neither agent could make it happen although they said there is no reason it shouldn't happen. They just couldn't get the system to accept the price. They both claimed to make notes in the file confirming the new price and said to call on Monday when revenue is open - not resolutions. They said revenue is going to have to do the price adjustment. It's so annoying that their system can't just work without huge hassles not to mention the wait times involved during the calls.

Gina

I'm simply trying to get a price reduction on two of my cruises since it's prior to final payment. Over the weekend neither agent could make it happen although they said there is no reason it shouldn't happen. They just couldn't get the system to accept the price. They both claimed to make notes in the file confirming the new price and said to call on Monday when revenue is open - not resolutions. They said revenue is going to have to do the price adjustment. It's so annoying that their system can't just work without huge hassles not to mention the wait times involved during the calls.

Gina

Gina,

When that happened to me, I politely asked for a supervisor, not because I wasn't happy with the rep I was speaking with...

It's just that supervisors have more leeway and authority to get around "glitches".

Also, I have had some good experiences with their Resolution Dept.

Hope it works out well for you!

Mike

Did they give you a reason for denying the upgrade? I know that upgrades have been denied in the past if the price of the upgraded stateroom was restricted to new bookings.

Many people have reported the mysterious "weekend sales" as a reason for denial of an upgrade.

Unfortunately there is no where to get a list of these weekend sales.

Exactly what happened to me over the weekend. Saw a great price drop only to be told it was a weekend price, new bookings only! You are ineligible. waaa :p Just wish that stipulation had been posted.

On the other hand...We recently took a cruise due to a weekend price reduction for a cruise we had not previously booked. Didn't even realize I was a recipient of a weekend sale, but I know the price went right back up on Sunday evening. So, looks like it works both ways. ;)

Gina,

When that happened to me, I politely asked for a supervisor, not because I wasn't happy with the rep I was speaking with...

It's just that supervisors have more leeway and authority to get around "glitches".

Also, I have had some good experiences with their Resolution Dept.

Hope it works out well for you!

Mike

Supervisors couldn't do it either. After a lot of going back and forth, and them wanting to know what code I was using. I simply placed a room on hold for each cruise. Yes, I was lucky my price was still available. I told them the reservation number and they could see the price.

The adjustment was manually entered by the revenue department for some reason. In fact on both reservations the price shows as the base price with do discounts listed at all, not even my balcony discount. Very odd!

My OBC is still showing fortunately.

It appears that no price code is showing at all on my confirmation. They just matched the price I put in hold. Both cruise prices were listed as military prices during the mock booking. Even odder is that if attempting to book the military rate not logged in, no special rate would show. When I did log in, I then got the special pricing.

Their website is a real mess, yes it is. The more they fix it, the worse it gets.

Manager at T/A called me at 8:30AM and told me Royal had OK'd the upgrade. I am awaiting new confirmation; I stipulated I would not take any upgrade that sacrificed my OBC; never an issue in the past but need to wait for the new confirmation before I am 100% satisfied. I never had to call Royal, just a few emails to the T/A and handled.

Edited by LMaxwell

We must have been the only luck ones all weekend.... We saw that we could upgrade on an upcoming Oasis cruise post final payment. Called our RCI agent- out, went to that base number- closed for Easter, called the main reservations line- took a bunch of tries to get through due to call volumes- but in the end, we got the upgrade we wanted. The only "glitch" was that we could not combine discounts.

hmm... good thing I have reciept, with all on it.

Hope you all got your situations worked out! The agent told us it was a special for the weekend.

edit- and it SURE WAS A SPECIAL- we got a Jr Suite for $1000 off!!!! Holy cow!

Edited by alfaeric

We must have been the only luck ones all weekend.... We saw that we could upgrade on an upcoming Oasis cruise post final payment. Called our RCI agent- out, went to that base number- closed for Easter, called the main reservations line- took a bunch of tries to get through due to call volumes- but in the end, we got the upgrade we wanted. The only "glitch" was that we could not combine discounts.

hmm... good thing I have reciept, with all on it.

Hope you all got your situations worked out! The agent told us it was a special for the weekend.

edit- and it SURE WAS A SPECIAL- we got a Jr Suite for $1000 off!!!! Holy cow!

We got a price drop this weekend, too--over $1000 off an E1 for our Med Cruise this summer. 6 days before the final payment date!

Glad to hear you have been able to resolve your upgrade problem...hopefully all the paper work will be ok!!

I am really begining to dislike RC's webpage...I have been trying for 2 days now to make a cabin change...keep getting the red message they are unable to process my request...try again later...was hoping that yesterday was just the weekend gremlins...but as of a few mins. ago still the same problem...I've cleared cookies..switched browser's...nothing...I know I could call them...but don't feel like being on hold for who knows how long...when I should be able to make a simple change to my reservation on their website!!:mad:

Glad to hear you have been able to resolve your upgrade problem...hopefully all the paper work will be ok!!

I am really begining to dislike RC's webpage...I have been trying for 2 days now to make a cabin change...keep getting the red message they are unable to process my request...try again later...was hoping that yesterday was just the weekend gremlins...but as of a few mins. ago still the same problem...I've cleared cookies..switched browser's...nothing...I know I could call them...but don't feel like being on hold for who knows how long...when I should be able to make a simple change to my reservation on their website!!:mad:

Just as you start working on the computer, call, and put it on the speaker phone. That way you can be on hold while you try. :D

Seems to be a bit hit and miss on here about stories of upgrades. I am one of the lucky few....

I live in the UK and we are not usually able to take advantage of price drops. However I recently saw outside cabins being sold for nearly HALF (£600 for 2 people) of what I paid for an inside (£1,100)....and even balcony cabins still A LOT cheaper (£800) than my inside room. So I called the Crown and Anchor society helpline and simply (but politely) asked if there was anything they could do regarding it.

The lady I spoke to upgraded my room to a guarantee balcony AND refunded nearly £200 to my bank card.

Logged onto my booking a couple of weeks later to find that my stateroom number has now been assigned.....and to my surprise I have a huge aft balcony :D

I know that I was lucky in this case and that I can not always expect it in the future, but I also know that had nothing of been done....I would still have got what I paid for! I also realise that my upgrade can be withdrawn at any point until embarking.....but keeping my fingers crossed :)

[quote name='LMaxwell']Manager at T/A called me at 8:30AM and told me Royal had OK'd the upgrade. I am awaiting new confirmation; I stipulated I would not take any upgrade that sacrificed my OBC; never an issue in the past but need to wait for the new confirmation before I am 100% satisfied. I never had to call Royal, just a few emails to the T/A and handled.

[url]http://youtu.be/MYcqToQzzGY[/url][/QUOTE]

Persistence does pay off. I wonder if it is std policy to deny upgrades like that on the first phone call figuring that most people don't know the policies and will take the first answer they get.

Enjoy your cruise. Edited by Ourusualbeach