Hotels with views Port Everglades

Ken Greco

Which hotels have views of the ships leaving Port Everglades?

You don't actually see the port but there are a lot of hotels on Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd. where you can see ships coming and going. They also can offer pretty spectacular views if you book ocean front rooms. These include Ritz Carlton, Westin, W, Hilton, Atlantic, I'm sure there are others I forgot, or don't know.

We also stay at the Hilton Marina (formally Marriott Marina) you can request or pay for a tower view of the cruise port. I do not like Embassy Suites its too full of cruise passengers and a hassle to find a cab and even leave the hotel there in the am when leaving to the ship.

Which hotels have views of the ships leaving Port Everglades?

This was the view from our room at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina last April. I believe we were in room 812.

488126_621316081228401_384019827_n.jpg

Loved this room and the hotel. It was within walking distance of everything we needed to buy before we left on the cruise.

Utahtea

Here's another from Embassy, different day than the one above, and I think we were only on about the 6th or 7th floor. Honestly, I would be hard pressed to find fault with that view from the Hilton that utahtea posted but we still like the Embassy. ;)

100_2219.jpg

Keep the pictures coming! I'm trying to pick the *perfect* hotel for photographing the ships as they arrive!:D

Photo War...LOL!

From our room:

Picture without the cruise ships

487793_620652374628105_1738482079_n.jpg

You got to see all the ships as the came in and out of the port

486059_621316184561724_2080588922_n.jpg

Night view

311097_620652381294771_1606970831_n.jpg

The view of the marina while we waited for the elevator (this was on the opposite side of the hotel:

317497_621316087895067_644890134_n.jpg

Did I mention we were right on the marina. We could walk around our hotel and see the million dollar yachts in their slips.

Cindy, you will have to come back and let us know where you stayed and how it was.

Utahtea

Hi

I can thoroughly recommend the Hilton FL Marina. Fantastic location, lovely staff and a Tower Water View will give you the best pictures possible!

Excuse the fuzzy picture but this was Allure off the coast from my room last May:

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t591/joanna2208/P1000093_zps1ff78dd9.jpg

As we were sailing out, I took this picture back at the hotel from Allure:

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t591/joanna2208/P1000193_zps1c2f6f56.jpg

Jo :)

We stayed at the Hilton Marina before our last two cruises.

We had a similar view to the one utahtea posted (we stayed on floors 7 and 8). It is a very good location, close to the airport and close to the port.

It is my first choice when looking for a pre-cruise hotel.

The drawbridge wasn't a factor for us. We had a shuttle arranged for our group with a set price. Very easy. I know it is a very popular hotel with cruisers, so if it was a common problem I think we would have heard complaints. We monitored the FLL forum for over a year and I never heard this mentioned before. We did see the draw bridge open a few times from our room and it was fun to watch the tall sail boats pass under it.

Now walking across it has it's own set of problems!:eek: (see my review in my siggy for details)

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

Thanks for posting your pictures everyone! Right now I have a reservation at the Hyatt and Lago Mar, but the Hyatt is appealing because if I get a room in the right location I won't have to leave the safety of my room at 5:00 in the morning to watch the ships arriving.

We've stayed at the Hilton before and liked it, but I took a tower room facing in the wrong direction because that's what was available when I checked in. I went outside to watch the ships arrive, and I felt very uncomfortable out there by myself in the dark.

I have stayed in boththe Hyatt and Hilton but tend to stay in the hyatt now as i ended up leaving the hilton and boarding the Independence of the seas with Noro. The best floor at the hilton is the top floor as you can see all the berths including #1 where that fast ferry leaves from. View of That berth from lower then 11 may be blocked due to the draw bridge. The Hilton also allows a view of ships coming and going. As the tower is shaped like a rectangle all rooms that face the port all face the same direction. The Hyatt has challenges in the fact that the building is shaped like a pop can and the port facing rooms face southwest or southeast. alternating floors have triangle shaped balconies that allow a eastrley view of the ships similar to the Hyatt. lower tower floors views are blocked by palm trees. also the view of the channel from southeast facing rooms ant the triangle shaped rooms may be partally obstructed by highrises. the horns and general emergency signals can be heard from both hotels. The drawbridge has a viewing deck on etherside of the draw span that is accessable even when the gates are closed. Use the south sidewalk to get to it. the bridge lifts on the hour and half hour only if there are boats waiting. Red Lights,Bells and announcements will activate when a bridge lift is about to take place. there is a water taxi and sightseeing tour dock on the Hilton side. Overall the Hilton has the better viewpoint

Edited by sergeant655

seargent655 did I understand correctly when you said you left the Hilton and boarded the Independence with the Noro?

I stay at the hilton for the convenience being close to the port, being close to good restaurants to get to for lunch and dinner before our cruise, and to be on the same side of the port from that drawbridge...and the fact we hilton honors members loyal to hilton. But I have to admit, I never wake up early to watch the ship come in or at dock there, I simply want to get up and leave to the ship.