Elite traveling with non-elite friend

itsanita

I will be traveling with someone that is not Elite. I was told by a member of the cruise staff that anyone traveling in the same cabin with you has the same 'level'. Has anyone experienced this? Is this true?

I will be traveling with someone that is not Elite. I was told by a member of the cruise staff that anyone traveling in the same cabin with you has the same 'level'. Has anyone experienced this? Is this true?

They won't be "given" Elite status per se, but they will be allowed to partake in any Elite activities you choose to go to together.

I believe that only you will get the elite coupons...your bunk mate will get whatever coupons apply to their real level. However, they can, as others said, attend elite functions with you

When you get on the ship go to the Captain Club desk and ask for a new seapass card that shows Elite. They will look your room up and see that you both are in the same room. This way you will not have any problems entering any of the Elite events. I have done this twice with Celebrity. Richard

WOW is this a great site or what........just booked a cruise and had this same question - I am Elite and the friend I am traveling with is not and I was just going in to post this question and there it was.....great information!!

thanks everyone!

One more question. If the person is not in your cabin? If our husbands decide to join us, they will have their own cabin...so should I assume that will not longer work?

thanks everyone!

One more question. If the person is not in your cabin? If our husbands decide to join us, they will have their own cabin...so should I assume that will not longer work?

Don't want to touch that one!!!

thanks everyone!

It has to be a spouse ( they automatically have the same status) or cabin mate - not simply friends or even linked reservations.

Celebrity is generous to allow cabin mates the Elite privileges. RCI does not extend the perk to cabin mates of their passengers.

enjoy

M

thanks everyone!

How did you get the guys to agree to this interesting idea??

thanks everyone!

I have read on these boards that if there is one Elite couple and one non-Elite couple travelling together, the non-E lady could room with the Elite woman, and the non-E gent could room with the Elite husband, so that both couples could qualify for the Elite happy hour, and the Elite couple wouldn't have to abandon their friends during Elite happy hour. I have read that Celebrity Vacation Planners have even suggested this.

Does anyone know if this still happens? Would it be considered a tacky thing to do, or is it generally acceptable? We are not interested in doing this ourselves, as all our friends are Elite. I was just wondering if it is frequently done.