Pinnacle Breakfast

KAYEF

The times for the Pinnacle Breakfast is the same times as the main dining room.

As a rule it is open for breakfast on sea days from 8 - 9:30 and on port days from 7:30 - 9.

My cruise on the Westy has been consistently 7:30 to 9 on both sea and port days

We have found the PG to be open for breakfast on disembarkation morning on all of our cruises - however the hours are very early, because the staff does have passenger assistance duty.

Same for us. That is what we have experienced for years now.

Breakfast for me is in many ways more valued than dinner. The Pinnacle Grill for breakfast will continue to be a draw to book Neptune Suites even when I get 4 star and can get most of the benies like laundry with a Signature Suite. Call it pound foolish but I am just one of those folks who enjoy the leisured service for breakfast and is willing to pay for it.

Dennis

I bought my upsell for this cruise on the Westy almost for brekie in the pinnacle. The service in the pinnacle for brekie has been no better service the the MDR. Very disappointing. Service in the pinnacle at night is very good.

How do you possibly compare a cold... little buffet in windowless room where you eat on your lap to a classy hot breakfast being served elegantly with views of the ocean?

Edited by Sam.Seattle

Sometimes on the first two mornings of a cruise when the ship is in Code Orange, the concierge may tell you Pinnacle is not open for breakfast. They are sometimes mistaken. If you wish to go, call and ask Pinnacle if they are open. More often than not breakfast is available for the guests.

Elitist? People pay for it. It is no more elitist than anything else someone pays for. Someone pays for a cabana on Eurodam etc,,,,,, that is what they chose to spend their money on. Someone else pays for a pricey helicopter excursion in Alaska. Someone else chooses to spend more money for a pricey cabin and breakfast in Pinnacle is included in that price. We all spend our own money our own way.

Right on, Sails! Hardly elitist. Peace and quiet, almost always seated by a window and served by a great wait staff ..... We love it. Yes, we do pay for it as part of the price of our cabin selection, as others pay for things that they enjoy just as you so rightly expressed. We enjoy a peaceful morning without having to listen to the clanging of dishes or an over abundance of loud conversation. Just our little quiet time and as with anything, just our opinion.

Still praying for you,friend.

May Smooth Sailing find you again very soon :)

I bought my upsell for this cruise on the Westy almost for brekie in the pinnacle. The service in the pinnacle for brekie has been no better service the the MDR. Very disappointing. Service in the pinnacle at night is very good.

I remember how much you have enjoyed the PG for breakfast! So sorry it isn't up to standard for you this time :(

( the way you feel about PG breakfast is similar to how I feel about the Neptune coffee machine :D )

Sometimes on the first two mornings of a cruise when the ship is in Code Orange, the concierge may tell you Pinnacle is not open for breakfast. They are sometimes mistaken. If you wish to go, call and ask Pinnacle if they are open. More often than not breakfast is available for the guests.

Elitist? People pay for it. It is no more elitist than anything else someone pays for. Someone pays for a cabana on Eurodam etc,,,,,, that is what they chose to spend their money on. Someone else pays for a pricey helicopter excursion in Alaska. Someone else chooses to spend more money for a pricey cabin and breakfast in Pinnacle is included in that price. We all spend our own money our own way.

Yeah- what she said :)

We eat most if not all nights in The Pinnacle because we don't like crowds and loud restaurants. We book our cruises normally far in advance and pay full price for a NS because we like the space and the ability to lock in the cabin we want, and yes, we enjoy a quiet breakfast in The Pinnacle.

We normally are only able to take one vacation a year so we try to make the most of it. We normally pay the extra to fly in First Class (it's really not a whole lot more) and enjoy the meal and free drinks we get.

Club Level in a hotel normally means a private lounge and many times breakfast. Are we elitist? No- we just want to make the most out of every minute of quality time we can spend together on holiday without work or day to day life interruptions.

Kazu would probably agree with you, even though she got the totally awesome pot of prune juice. ;)

we enjoy the PG for breakfast - and fortunately I didn't get any of that teapot of prune juice - that was all my table mate's pleasure :p

The Pinnacle Grill was closed for breakfast on disembarkation morning when we were on the Westerdam last year on a repositioning leg from San Diego to Vancouver. The waiters we usually had in the PG at breakfast were seen transporting passengers in wheelchairs to taxis, etc. We were disappointed not to have a leisurely breakfast there on our last day, but we understood the need for many types of passenger assistance.

That is strange.

We were on the Westerdam 21 day repositioning cruise last year from Ft Lauderdale to San Diego before she left for your 42 day cruise.

And we had breakfast the last morning in the Pinnacle. And there were quite a few of us that required wheelchair assistance to get to the taxis in San Diego.

Sorry to read that Pinnacle breakfast service is not good.

We have found the PG to be open for breakfast on disembarkation morning on all of our cruises - however the hours are very early, because the staff does have passenger assistance duty.

On our recent Nieuw Amsterdam cruises, we were surprised that Pinnacle breakfast was from 7 - 8:30. It used to be earlier than that.

On our recent Nieuw Amsterdam cruises, we were surprised that Pinnacle breakfast was from 7 - 8:30. It used to be earlier than that.

Pinnacle/MDR Breakfast earlier than 7 A.M. on a regular basis?

I don't remember that. Perhaps for a specific early port/long tour day but as a rule except for disembarkation day.

Edited by sail7seas

Pinnacle/MDR Breakfast earlier than 7 A.M. on a regular basis?

I don't remember that. Perhaps for a specific early port/long tour day but as a rule except for disembarkation day.

Sail - I took KK's comment to mean on disembarkation day - not for the entire cruise.

Edited by Linda&Vern

Agree. We consider PG breakfast one of the major perks of a Neptune Suite and except on the rare day we have a very early tour we never miss it.

Amen Sister

Its our favorite perk. As we find the wait staff know us by name after the first morning and have our favorite juice and coffee ready when we sit down. More often than not they also work the dinner shift and our familiarity carries over to dinner which provides even more personalized service. Most of the Pinnacle crew also work the Neptune food station as well so you get to know the staff on a personal level.

We both work really hectic jobs and the ability to wake up and have a very quiet yet informal start to the day is preferable to the loud Lido breakfast hour.

Just going to add my 2¢ here .... I love breakfast in the Pinnacle. DH calls it a "civilized" way to start the day ... lol. I agree that the staffers get to know you, and call you by name, and that service does carry over to the dinner reservations. It's always nice to be remembered.

I have a question about Amsterdam Pinnacle Breakfast, though. I know it's on the upper MDR deck (since Pinnacle itself is windowless) but ... do Pinnacle staffers handle it, or MDR staff? And do they use Pinnacle china or regular MDR china? I'm just being nosy....

Just going to add my 2¢ here .... I love breakfast in the Pinnacle. DH calls it a "civilized" way to start the day ... lol. I agree that the staffers get to know you, and call you by name, and that service does carry over to the dinner reservations. It's always nice to be remembered.

I have a question about Amsterdam Pinnacle Breakfast, though. I know it's on the upper MDR deck (since Pinnacle itself is windowless) but ... do Pinnacle staffers handle it, or MDR staff? And do they use Pinnacle china or regular MDR china? I'm just being nosy....

Pinnacle staffers handle it.

Regular main dining room china.

Yeah- what she said :)

We eat most if not all nights in The Pinnacle because we don't like crowds and loud restaurants. We book our cruises normally far in advance and pay full price for a NS because we like the space and the ability to lock in the cabin we want, and yes, we enjoy a quiet breakfast in The Pinnacle.

We normally are only able to take one vacation a year so we try to make the most of it. We normally pay the extra to fly in First Class (it's really not a whole lot more) and enjoy the meal and free drinks we get.

Club Level in a hotel normally means a private lounge and many times breakfast. Are we elitist? No- we just want to make the most out of every minute of quality time we can spend together on holiday without work or day to day life interruptions.

Totally agree. We love breakfast in the PG because we don't have to beg for a table for two every morning. We also can only cruise once a year so we splurge on the suite and all the travel upgrades we can afford.

Can't wait until our next PG breakfast in November!

[quote name=sail7seas

[/b]

SO TRUE! We'll said, Sail. I've often wondered why some folks would criticize others for their choice of where to eat, what to wear, how to spend their money, etc.

Don't know what happened to the quote I referenced in my above post. It showed up in the preview, but somehow disappeared. I was referring to the second part of Sail7Seas comment--- about someone thinking folks were "elitist" for eating breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill.