Pinnacle Breakfast

KAYEF

Can someone please tell me about breakfast in the Pinnacle?

I understand it's "only for suite passengers." OR is it only for Neptune Suite Passengers?

Is it part of our fare or do you pay extra as you do for lunch and dinner?

(I do love having dinner there but have never had lunch).

Almost two hundred Mariner Days and this will be my first Suite experience!:)

It is only for Neptune and Pinnacle suite pax. Not Vista or Signature suite pax. The menu is the same as the MDR.

I heartily recommend the PG lunch, well worth the price :)

Agree with lunch in the PG - it is very good 99% of the time ;)

If you now have 200 days, you are 4* mariner so you get it at half price. For $5 it's a nice way to do lunch:D

As has been stated, the menu for Breakfast is the same as the MDR. Certainly a quiet venue, but, at least for me--and I like formality normally--too formal for my tastes at that time of the day.

Probably, in my opinion, would be worth its wait in gold, at least for me on disembarkation morning. The MDR and the Lido Restaurant are almost always somewhat zooy then.

As has been stated, the menu for Breakfast is the same as the MDR. Certainly a quiet venue, but, at least for me--and I like formality normally--too formal for my tastes at that time of the day.

Probably, in my opinion, would be worth its wait in gold, at least for me on disembarkation morning. The MDR and the Lido Restaurant are almost always somewhat zooy then.

We don't care for the PG breakfast. It seems "elitist" somehow, grating, jarring, I dunno the exact word, but bottom line is we didn't care for it.

Disembarkation morning? Two words -- Room Service :D

What time does the Pinnacle open for breakfast?

The hours are the same as the MDR for breakfast. Earlier on port days and 1/2 hour later on sea days. Can vary on the type of cruise you are on but generally speaking - around 7:30 am on port days and 8:00 am on sea days.

Now, we have been on a cruise where it was open earlier - more port intensive, etc. So your best bet is just to check the MDR breakfast hours in your On Location for the day and know that the PG hours are the same.

The Neptune Lounge also has continental type breakfast and is usually open earlier.

We look forward to the calm and quiet of the PG, especially on our favourite ship when it is possible - alas, on our next cruise it is not to be .

Hate to disagree, but we love breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill...quiet and personal service , the menu is not the attraction, the surroundings and personal service are precious! ( I don't think Elitist , I think a slice of morning heaven )

Marilyn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hate to disagree, but we love breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill...quiet and personal service , the menu is not the attraction, the surroundings and personal service are precious! ( I don't think Elitist , I think a slice of morning heaven )

Marilyn

Yes DH and I are definitely in the minority about breakfast at the PG :D My slice of morning heaven is first breakfast from the Neptune Lounge (which DH is happy to fetch), 2nd breakfast later on, out by the aft pool.

Service for PG Breakfast may be the issue for me. I had truly personable service in the MDR on the Westerdam from both of my Stewards. In the PG for Breakfast, I had the whole staff: each one seemed to have something he/she was supposed to "deliver". Very impersonable and "cool", particularly in the morning, at least for me. And, attentive: they were not!

Sometimes on the first two mornings of a cruise when the ship is in Code Orange, the concierge may tell you Pinnacle is not open for breakfast. They are sometimes mistaken. If you wish to go, call and ask Pinnacle if they are open. More often than not breakfast is available for the guests.

Elitist? People pay for it. It is no more elitist than anything else someone pays for. Someone pays for a cabana on Eurodam etc,,,,,, that is what they chose to spend their money on. Someone else pays for a pricey helicopter excursion in Alaska. Someone else chooses to spend more money for a pricey cabin and breakfast in Pinnacle is included in that price. We all spend our own money our own way.

It is great on disembarkation day! The rest of the week we still enjoy it and never have felt it too formal. It depends on the ship, but most of the time the waiters get to know what you like and bring it to you quickly.

DaveOKC

Marilyn

Thanks to those who posted the hours. I could not remember the hours and am trying to decide whether to upgrade from a Signature Suite to a Neptune S. Its a very port intensive cruise so was wondering how early we could have breakfast at the PG. We absolutely love breakfast there - its relaxing , excellent service and just makes the start of each day lovely for us. Just struggling with deciding if the cost is going to be worth it for us this cruise.

The Pinnacle Grill was closed for breakfast on disembarkation morning when we were on the Westerdam last year on a repositioning leg from San Diego to Vancouver. The waiters we usually had in the PG at breakfast were seen transporting passengers in wheelchairs to taxis, etc. We were disappointed not to have a leisurely breakfast there on our last day, but we understood the need for many types of passenger assistance.

We've never had lunch at the Pinnacle, but I think it's time to try it.

Do you make reservations or just show up?

We have done both.......

We have pre-booked reservations and also have just shown up. :)

Either is fine assuming there is availability for seating.

We have done both.......

We have pre-booked reservations and also have just shown up. :)

Either is fine assuming there is availability for seating.

Thanks, Sail. You're in my thoughts ♥

Sometimes on the first two mornings of a cruise when the ship is in Code Orange, the concierge may tell you Pinnacle is not open for breakfast. They are sometimes mistaken. If you wish to go, call and ask Pinnacle if they are open. More often than not breakfast is available for the guests.

Elitist? People pay for it. It is no more elitist than anything else someone pays for. Someone pays for a cabana on Eurodam etc,,,,,, that is what they chose to spend their money on. Someone else pays for a pricey helicopter excursion in Alaska. Someone else chooses to spend more money for a pricey cabin and breakfast in Pinnacle is included in that price. We all spend our own money our own way.

BINGO!

Terri

Yes DH and I are definitely in the minority about breakfast at the PG :D My slice of morning heaven is first breakfast from the Neptune Lounge (which DH is happy to fetch), 2nd breakfast later on, out by the aft pool.

Kazu would probably agree with you, even though she got the totally awesome pot of prune juice. ;)

Breakfast for me is in many ways more valued than dinner. The Pinnacle Grill for breakfast will continue to be a draw to book Neptune Suites even when I get 4 star and can get most of the benies like laundry with a Signature Suite. Call it pound foolish but I am just one of those folks who enjoy the leisured service for breakfast and is willing to pay for it.

Dennis

The Pinnacle Grill was closed for breakfast on disembarkation morning when we were on the Westerdam last year on a repositioning leg from San Diego to Vancouver. The waiters we usually had in the PG at breakfast were seen transporting passengers in wheelchairs to taxis, etc. We were disappointed not to have a leisurely breakfast there on our last day, but we understood the need for many types of passenger assistance.

We have found the PG to be open for breakfast on disembarkation morning on all of our cruises - however the hours are very early, because the staff does have passenger assistance duty.