Better Late than Never: Report of August 2013 British Isles Infinity Cruise

SixOneTwo

For Cruise NH, I don't have any problem with people taking the ship's excursions. Some people like to have all of the planning done and very little to worry about. That works well for them and is worth the premium price. And sometimes for us, as well. Sometimes the ship's tour is the ONLY choice!

As for ScifiMonkey's question about England ports, I say "bring them on!" We'd love to see as much as we can from a ship. It would also be nice to have one or two overnights, so as to allow tours that are a little more far-flung. All of your suggestions are great ones. I suppose it all depends on whether or not the ports can handle the ship and are value-added for the cruise line.

Kelmac and other public transport lovers: I'm seeing a new trend in You Tube Videos that walk you through complex connections. We're planning a trip to Germany and someone on TripAdvisor referred us to a three-video set on a popular 3-leg train/bus trip. After watching a few times, my fears are very much allayed. Someone needs to do this for the Harwich/Manningtree connection, so people see it's a piece of cake.

Will keep watching here and the British board to answer questions. How ever did we do all of this before the internet?!

Edited by SixOneTwo

Thank you for your excellent review - a must read for anyone about to do a similar cruise.

I love to read about how other nationalities enjoy (or not) their visit to this country. What makes me a little proud, is that you were welcomed everywhere, which is just how it should be.

Maybe next time, you could spend a week or two on land. There is a lot more to see, and, I hope, a welcome everywhere. It is my experience that nice people tend to meet a lot of other nice people, but maybe that's just me...

Thank you very much for this wonderful review. Yet -- screw the spoiler...with pictures it would have been even more mouth watering:D.

We'll be on our first British Isles cruise in August on the MSC Magnifica. Just today I 've read so many negative reviews about our ship to be, that I thought nothing could lighten up my mood...but here you write this fun review and my sprits are back up...after all it is the ports that make the cruise wonderful, not only the ship.

Thank you again!

Stef

The Lusitania rescuers' memorial

What is left of the actual wooden dock where the last Titanic passengers left terra firma

Shot of the White Star Line embarkation point, now the "Titanic Experience"

Cemetery shots

BI234.jpg.fc3debeff7b370b54d2387f2ae910da8.jpg

BI243.jpg.4437f65140f412dba22044c3106669c6.jpg

BI228.jpg.e75479933486cd277a4c386d35041ac5.jpg

BI263.jpg.9bb72e04e612b0821cc52209faeadb5a.jpg

BI280.jpg.affa36c73849a4330f4cf0d0da843a8b.jpg

Edited by SixOneTwo

Great review & of course photos!! More please... Very interested as we are on Ruby Princess in August with a similar itinerary. It does sound like I need to rethink some clothing options. Would you say multiple layers were required most days? Did you experience a lot of rain or showers? Leave the shorts at home? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Gail

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by hawkers

More photos soon for the remaining ports...

Hawkers, I would definitely suggest some sort of raingear. We used t-shirts, long-sleeved tees, polarfleece occasionally and rainjackets occasionally. Only needed gloves for the Tattoo.

Your results may vary.:)