Which pier does oceania cruise in stockholm dock at/

bellaggio

Which pier in Stockholm does Oceania's Marina dock at? From the Stockholm airport to that pier which taxi service would be best to use? It is easier for us to use a taxi than public transportation.

Thak you for your help.:)

Can't remember the name, but they dock nowhere near the City Center. It's in a industrial area about a 15 minute bus ride into the City Center. O typically provides free shuttle buses.

I believe that you are thinking of Frihamnen, but there won't be a shuttle if Stockholm is the embarkation Port.

quays-560x476.jpgcarousel.jpg

Which pier in Stockholm does Oceania's Marina dock at? From the Stockholm airport to that pier which taxi service would be best to use? It is easier for us to use a taxi than public transportation.

Thak you for your help.:)

If you are going by taxi be sure to use " Taxi Stockholm" or " Taxi kurir", the Taxi market are not regulated in Sweden so if you jump in the wrong Taxi i can be expensive.

I agree that taking only Taxi Stockholm or Taxi Kukir is the way to go.

In our case, we spent a few days pre-cruise in Stckhlm, asked the front desk at the hotel to call the cab and specifed that the taxi must take a credit card (which the driver gladly accepted).

As a result, we paid our hotel using every last Swedish coin first, with the consderable balance paid by credit card.

Worked prefectly and the pier was about a 20 minutes drive from downtown Stockholm.

Heed the warnings on the taxis in Stockholm. We were just there this last summer to visit my family (my brother moved to Sweden some 16 years ago). His children told me which taxis to take--those mentioned above. All was fine.

Would you believe my Swedish sis-in-law, got off the train from Ostersund (where they live in the northern part, thought she was getting "Taxi Stockholm" for their trek to the hotel to meet us and ended up with another taxi that had Stockholm in the name (can't remember the exact name--it might have been Taxi in Stockholm) and she paid a bundle over what we paid from the airport. The train station wasn't more than 5 miles from the hotel.

Also, have your hotel call for your taxi to the ship, as another poster here suggested. Our Radisson Waterfront hotel has a taxi they work with, and all was good with their arrangement even tho it wasn't one recommended above. I think it was about $12 or so to the ship.

Stockholm was wonderful. So much to see, so much to do. Don't miss being outside on the ship when you sail and enjoy the archapelago. Fabuous

Edited by spindrift

This is a related question. We disembark in Stockholm. The date will be a major holiday in the city. Given the issues finding legal taxis, perhaps compounded by the holiday situation, I was considering contacting our hotel to see if they could arrange a port pick-up.

Do those with experience in Stockholm think it would be worth the effort to add the extra layer of logistics? And, if so, what time would work with the 8 am port arrival?

Edited by buggins0402

This is a related question. We disembark in Stockholm. The date will be a major holiday in the city. Given the issues finding legal taxis, perhaps compounded by the holiday situation, I was considering contacting our hotel to see if they could arrange a port pick-up.

Do those with experience in Stockholm think it would be worth the effort to add the extra layer of logistics? And, if so, what time would work with the 8 am port arrival?

Taxis are plentiful in Stockholm, they all take credit cards and the drivers all speak English. As you are debarking with the bulk of the other passengers, they will be running a cab stand type of operation, just outside of the Customs area, and if Taxis are is short supply they will telephone to get one for you.

I don't think I'd bother with a private transfer as my experience has been that traffic woes in town can have you waiting for your private car for a far longer time than you would EVER wait for a taxi.

buggins0402,

We had prearranged for a taxi pick up on disembarkation in Stockholm (online) and were very happy we did. There was a VERY long line of passengers waiting for taxis and we did not have to stand in that line.

We were going to the airport so time was of essence. If you are going to a hotel, you may not be in a hurry and can afford to wait (if needed).

Your call.

• 3 years later...