Mama Mia on Anthem

Just finished booking Anthem for Christmas 2015 and was told by the rep that they are seriously considering having Mama Mia on the Anthem. She also suggested that they may have the show on both ships as they are in such different markets.

The rep that I spoke with was in charge on the dynamic dining pre reservation project. I asked her if any of the free restaurants were being booked more than others and she said that they were all pretty much equal in bookings. All of the restaurants on the Anthem will be the same as the Quantum.

Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised about Mama Mia ending up on both ships... selfishly I hope it ends up on Anthem because I was looking forward to seeing it on a summer Quantum cruise I never got to book.

Just finished booking Anthem for Christmas 2015 and was told by the rep that they are seriously considering having Mama Mia on the Anthem. She also suggested that they may have the show on both ships as they are in such different markets.

The rep that I spoke with was in charge on the dynamic dining pre reservation project. I asked her if any of the free restaurants were being booked more than others and she said that they were all pretty much equal in bookings. All of the restaurants on the Anthem will be the same as the Quantum.

I will not be happy if Mama Mia is on both the Quantum and the Anthem. I have booked both and I did not even consider that they would have the same show. How can the rep say that they are in different markets, when I am going on both ships from the same port?

I will not be happy if Mama Mia is on both the Quantum and the Anthem. I have booked both and I did not even consider that they would have the same show. How can the rep say that they are in different markets, when I am going on both ships from the same port?

Quantum is only there for a few months and then off to China. Had all gone according to the initial plan Quantum would still be there and you still would have had Mama Mia. I am glad that they are thinking of doing this as I was not able to book the Quantum but was looking forward to seeing Mama Mia which IMO is the best broadway show that RCI has aboard any of its ships.

• 2 weeks later...

If this is true I guess I will see it twice (Quantum and Anthem booked). Or I will find something else to do on one of them. Like Eat, Drink or be Merry. :D

Saw the movie and it "made" me do a Greek Isles cruise.

Denise

Edited by DKNYC

• 1 year later...

DW would LOVE IT if that show were on our cruise in June 2016/Anthem. However, I have different feelings on it....but, I WILL go with her if that is the case - this is our first time on a cruise since 2010 and my band plays out nearly every weekend - so she deserves this cruise and if it IS on Anthem then the more the merrier.

AFAIK, they don't have Mama Mia on Anthem. They have We Will Rock You, which is a Queen inspired show. LOVE Queen. I'd love to see MM as well, but it doesn't look like I'll be seeing it on a cruise ship.

Nothing seems to make sense as far as their shows on the new ships at present. They put Mamma Mia on Quantum but then didn't they remove it when they sent it to China and put it on Allure?

And now they have a british rock show based on Queen music on Anthem, but they are removing her from the UK, to the US.

I think it would make sense to change the show to fit the new US market - maybe they will keep moving We Will Rock You so that it will stay in Europe (perhaps Harmony next.)

Only time will tell.

They've been very hush hush about all of it lately.

Nothing seems to make sense as far as their shows on the new ships at present. They put Mamma Mia on Quantum but then didn't they remove it when they sent it to China and put it on Allure?

And now they have a british rock show based on Queen music on Anthem, but they are removing her from the UK, to the US.

I think it would make sense to change the show to fit the new US market - maybe they will keep moving We Will Rock You so that it will stay in Europe (perhaps Harmony next.)

Only time will tell.

They've been very hush hush about all of it lately.

Very true. They'll change a lot on the entertainment side of things knowing she's repositioning homeports.

They have paid for We Will Rock You on a 5 year licence, unlikely to just swap it around & maintain their agreement. Also its not a small scale production, so just moving it to another ship is not the same as using a touring version.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

I am sailing on Anthem on her first revenue sailing out of Bayonne, NJ in three weeks and I have made my reservations to see "We Will Rock You"! So, it appears they are keeping the show in place for the U.S. cruises! I can't wait to see it because I hear it is wonderful! I also saw "Mama Mia" on Quantum last Spring and it was also fantastic! I'd be happy seeing either show!

AFAIK, they don't have Mama Mia on Anthem. They have We Will Rock You, which is a Queen inspired show. LOVE Queen. I'd love to see MM as well, but it doesn't look like I'll be seeing it on a cruise ship.

You're correct. The original post is over a year and a half old before they announced the shows.

You're correct. The original post is over a year and a half old before they announced the shows.

Oops, didn't even notice that.

I agree with some of the other posters - I think Americans will like the show, high energy and rock. Is it similar to Rock of Ages? I saw that on NCL Breakaway and loved it.

Saw we will rock you on anthem a couple of weeks back. It's a great show and you cannot help clapping along and getting on your feet. Unlike Mamma Mia you cannot rent a film version. Surely the majority of any audience would already have seen Mamma Mia?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were on Anthem on 15th Sep. We Will Rock You was first class. A great show. Im sure it will go down well when Anthem goes to the States.

We are back on Anthem on 28th May next year and cant wait to see it again.

Steven

We were on Anthem on 15th Sep. We Will Rock You was first class. A great show. Im sure it will go down well when Anthem goes to the States.

We are back on Anthem on 28th May next year and cant wait to see it again.

Steven

Great - I can't wait to see it. How we're the other shows, especially the one in Two70?

I hope it IS We Will Rock You instead of Mama Mia....I saw the movie with Meryl Streep and snored myself awake, but the DW loves MM....grrr.

The movie does not do it justice. You just can't reproduce the energy in a movie that you get in live theatre. But it's probably not for everyone.

The movie does not do it justice. You just can't reproduce the energy in a movie that you get in live theatre. But it's probably not for everyone.

It's the same story line though....and it's three hours long....I'm great at pretending I'm awake!