Why Would Oceania Drop Prices

Off Shore

Testing...my posts are not going thru

Don't think it's 5% across the board. For example on one of the summer Alaska cruises, B2 on Regatta w/o air just went from $3649 on Oceania website a few days ago to $3014 today (that's after removing the unchanged $550 air credit from both listed prices). That's more like a 17% drop though with no added OBC et al. Of course, B2 on the date I checked is listed as "sold out".

If nothing else, I can just see the new prices being used by O in some future cruise line price comparison ad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our TA will request the reductions tomorrow and there should be no problem as the cruises are not sold out and final payment is not yet due.

The last time this happened, I didn't catch the reductions, but he did and he got us an additional $1000 OBC since we had already made our final payment. Just another shout-out to having a good TA.

It isn't just the sailings that are far out that have been reduced.

We sail May 17, 2014 and I see that the prices are lower by about $400+ for each of us in our same cabin category compared to what we paid.

And we are sailing Sept 6 on Insignia and yesterday checked the price. $400 less pp. Contacted TA to get reduction, then had to cancel that request. Reason?? prepaid grats and free unlimited internet not included in the new pricing! Glad I checked again.

Oh, and one more thing - our cruise is not nearly sold out with only the A1 and all suites being listed as sold out or waitlisted.

Are folks finally feeling the effects of the economy, or are there just too many staterooms out there waiting to be filled........

Oceania has removed the price drop that started yesterday and caused all of the fury....

Maybe they were testing the market to see what people would do :D'

I am not amused

Just checked the website, which was down for several hours this AM, and they have removed yesterday's price drop that caused all the fury....

Probably an IT error..didnt make sense from the beginning

Jancruz1

Wonder how many heads are going to roll because of this glitch. Well it was fun spending the money in my head while it lasted. Hopefully an apology will be posted on their website. Arlene;)

Edited by tanny18

Isn't that just always the way it goes - blame it all on IT. :( (I used to be one of those guys, except I go back to when we were called DP.)

The timing of web site update was probably an IT error. But they must have been working on a change that big for a reason. It could still be that fare changes are imminent - they just need to be timed on the web site with an announcement.

Didnt mean to blame anyone..BUT the whole price drop didnt make sense..why drop prices on a sold out category??

Jancruz1