Constellation Transatlantic – The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Wine-O

Thanks, now all I have to do is figure out how to send him an e-mail

Try this email address: cs_michael'sclubconcierge@celebrity.com

We are Zenith and spent 50 days between the Century & Connie in the Michaels Club VIP lounge so far.

Never did get a pre-cruise email from either concierge.

Tom

We are Zenith and spent 50 days between the Century & Connie in the Michaels Club VIP lounge so far.

Tom

Thanks, I'll give it a try

That part I know, but I wanted to purchase some music for piano in my suite. I don't want to shell out all that money without knowing for sure what kind of disks it takes. It's kind of like a player piano, and can play itself. It depends on the make of the piano and if it uses hard or floppy disks. They're about 30 bucks each. If I wait for him to contact me I won't have enough time to order what I want.:D

Just remember to keep the player volume at a decent level. We had the Sky Suite next to the Penthouse on the Constellation last month. We could hear the piano music - sometimes from the electronic player, and sometimes from the occupants of the suite (a child, too.;)) While the music wasn't terribly annoying, it was hard to take a quiet nap one afternoon. The piano music was quite pleasant at times, though. Nice classical tunes. I'd just keep the volume down and play at normal hours of the day. 6:00am would not be a good time. :D Those walls/door between the Suites are thin. We could also hear voices, arguments, crying children...thankfully, all during the daytime hours.

We were on the cruise right before the TA and were told 1200 Elites & 1800 Captains Club members on the TA. Don't know if 1800 Elites is possible since the ship capacity is 2300-2400. Even at 1200 that is 50% of everyone onboard:)

We're on the Eclipse right now. 800 Elites of whom 250 or so are Elite +. Not a Zenith to be seen.

Just remember to keep the player volume at a decent level. We had the Sky Suite next to the Penthouse on the Constellation last month. We could hear the piano music - sometimes from the electronic player, and sometimes from the occupants of the suite (a child, too.;)) While the music wasn't terribly annoying, it was hard to take a quiet nap one afternoon. The piano music was quite pleasant at times, though. Nice classical tunes. I'd just keep the volume down and play at normal hours of the day. 6:00am would not be a good time. :D Those walls/door between the Suites are thin. We could also hear voices, arguments, crying children...thankfully, all during the daytime hours.

This isn't the first time I have had a suite with a piano. I know how to adjust the volume, and at one point was able to make a repair. I too hate when people have no consideration for anyone next door.

Tuning up the piano, hey. Did you get a discount on the stateroom for doing that? Hahaha

My daughters and I tried to remember to be quiet in our stateroom, knowing that if we could hear the next door neighbors, they could hear us. :eek: What was annoying, was the FV above our stateroom. Their bathroom plumbing was right above out Suite. We could hear the toilet flush. We could also hear the children running back and forth. it was heard in the PH, also. The child staying there told us. :D

Tuning up the piano, hey. Did you get a discount on the stateroom for doing that? Hahaha

My daughters and I tried to remember to be quiet in our stateroom, knowing that if we could hear the next door neighbors, they could hear us. :eek: What was annoying, was the FV above our stateroom. Their bathroom plumbing was right above out Suite. We could hear the toilet flush. We could also hear the children running back and forth. it was heard in the PH, also. The child staying there told us. :D

Discount?? Yea, right, hang on to that dream. The piano I had was missing notes so you couldn't recognize any tunes and after several staff members working on it with no results I figured out the problem and fixed it myself. I also hate when parents show a total lack of parenting skills. Some cruises always bring out the best of those. Don't get me wrong, I love children, and may times act like one, but I'm sure you know what I'm refering to.:D

Nothing is bad or ugly – We’re at sea on Celebrity. :)

This is the first M-Class we’ve taken across the pond, and into day two, loving every minute of it.

Here are some changes/observations:

Dining – We’ve been in Blu over the last few years, and first time in the MDR in a while. Dining times for first and second seating is 5:45 and 8:15. We were used to 6 & 8:30, and sometimes 8:45 in the Med, but never seen 8:15.

Food – miss Blu, but food in the MDR has been excellent.

More as the cruise goes on.

Glad to know the MDR has been good. Let us know if you have anything that is a "must not miss". :D

Glad to know the MDR has been good. Let us know if you have anything that is a "must not miss". :D

Did you have a cabin crawl, and a connections party? What time did they hold them?

I'll be sailing on the 21st and am organizing the cabin crawl for that trip. Have never done this, so I could use some pointers.

If you're planning on joining us, don't forget to sign up. Go to Cindy's website click photos, and its on the right.

I see you're on the same sailing.

Edited by Dramamine 2
more wording

Tom

It worked. Many thanks. I heard from the concierge today:D