Change of policy - or yet another shoreside goof?

uktog

I have received my guest booklet from Azamara for an upcoming cruise.

Whilst musing about lovely times to come I read the booklet cover to cover. It is clearly from the Royal Caribbean stable but customised for Azamara

So on Page 11 I read any alcoholic beverages I bring onboard purchased during the cruise will be retained and returned to me on the last night of the cruise - really? Since when?

I am suspecting this is another goof ok it's minor but IMHO inexcusable. Where is the Attention to Detail that is such a focus onboard? - don't answer that

Edited by uktog

Well now I wonder. I Googled "Azamara alcohol policy" and this PDF came up. Take a look. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CGUQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.azamaracruises.com%2Fazamara%2Fcontent%2Fpdf%2Ffaq%2FAzamara_Guest_Alcohol_Policy.pdf&ei=BxVdU6jYDcnY2QWRv4GoCw&usg=AFQjCNEUC3HgrqsLVPRN4aT7IzzjdyDDkA&sig2=0SiINP6w55H-Zln4jfxkKA&bvm=bv.65397613,d.b2I&cad=rja

Is this what you saw? On the other hand, if you look online at their website, the wording is slightly different. As so.

Azamara Club Cruises® offers a wide selection of international liquors, beer and fine wines onboard. You may bring your own favorite liquor, beer or wine for private consumption in your suite or stateroom. If you wish to consume your liquor, beer or wine in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle is subject to a corkage fee of $10.

If you are given a bottle of wine that was purchased from Azamara's Bon Voyage Gift selection, then no corkage fee will apply. If you are given a bottle of wine from an outside vendor and/or travel professional, and the bottle was not purchased through Azamara's Bon Voyage selection, then a $10 corkage fee will apply if the wine is consumed in the dining room or other public area. All corkage fees will be added to your onboard account.

Alcoholic beverages purchased from onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing. Alcohol will not be delivered to any guest under the age of 21.

So the website says only liquor purchased on the ship will be held and the PDF (which is undated so who knows when it was written) says liquor purchased both onboard AND in ports will be held. Which one is it then? :confused:

Edited by dln929

Whilst musing about lovely times to come I read the booklet cover to cover. It is clearly from the Royal Caribbean stable but customised for Azamara

So on Page 11 I read any alcoholic beverages I bring onboard purchased during the cruise will be retained and returned to me on the last night of the cruise - really? Since when?

I am suspecting this is another goof ok it's minor but IMHO inexcusable. Where is the Attention to Detail that is such a focus onboard? - don't answer that

Tomorrow, Monday, I'll ask what the true policy re. bringing alcohol aboard is.

Bonnie

Tomorrow, Monday, I'll ask what the true policy re. bringing alcohol aboard is.

Bonnie

I'll betcha that you can bring on as much as you want....whenever you want. As has always been the case.:rolleyes:

Corkage applies if you take it to the dining room.

I was not aware that the shops on board actually stocked duty free bottles or has this changed since I was last on board?

I'll betcha that you can bring on as much as you want....whenever you want. As has always been the case.:rolleyes:

Corkage applies if you take it to the dining room.

I was not aware that the shops on board actually stocked duty free bottles or has this changed since I was last on board?

unless it changed since March there is no booze on board to buy by the bottle. also i forgot how much wine i carrried back from tours.. so i doubt they made a chagne over night.

Hi Uktog,

Looking forward to Bonnie's answer, but I'm confident the policy has not changed. What you've described, has existed for quite some time. I've noticed errors in the boarding documents, and on Azamara's website. I have reported the alcohol policy discrepancies (and many other items) to Azamara on a number of occasions - dating back at least 2-3 years. Based on your comments, I can only presume it has not been updated.

Thankfully, the onboard experience *far outweighs* everything else, but I agree that Azamara can do better, especially as this and many other print oversights/errors have existed for a long time.

Edited by Host Andy

The thing is as we are on the CC forums, we can get these kind of things checked out and verified but the vast majority of people aren't on these forums so they must be really confused before and when they get onboard.

Hello uktog,

I've been assured the policy has not changed.

And I'm being asked if you would tell us in more detail where, specifically which piece of collateral material, you've found this. Was it a printed piece, or a digital booklet?

Hello uktog,

I've been assured the policy has not changed.

And I'm being asked if you would tell us in more detail where, specifically which piece of collateral material, you've found this. Was it a printed piece, or a digital booklet?

Hi Bonnie

Thank you for this reassurance - we are hoping to make some purchases at some wineries - after all the trip is entitled Tapas and Wineries!

I am not sure what counts as Collateral material but the misinformation is on our lovely E Tickets Guest Ticket Booklet that we access through our Already Booked Tab on the Azamara website so very much an Azamara own production booklet - it is on Page 17 this error so all guests are probably being confused by it

PS We thought it was so nice the booklet was so personalised to us, Azamara had taken the trouble to place the CEO picture on Page 2 against a picture of where we live now :)

I think it is all part of the complete disaster that the branding and separation of ACC from Celebrity has turned into, the planning was incomplete and inadequate there were also to many shortcuts trying to rebrand either RCI or celebrity material without proper proof reading.

Further complicated by changes to the product but no one knows what and where needs changing so just gets missed

To much stuff is still not ACC branded and you can't be sure if stuff is from/for ACC or one of the other brands.

Does the Xpedition brand have the same issues?

All 3 of their brands use exactly the same format for their documents. If you compare an Azamara versus a Celebrity invoice they are the same bar the name. I think it is the same with their tickets from what I remember of the few pages you get from Celebrity compared to my docs for Quest last month.

Guess they just don't change the wording when one brand changes policy to another.

No problem bring alcohol onboard at all.

All 3 of their brands use exactly the same format for their documents. If you compare an Azamara versus a Celebrity invoice they are the same bar the name. I think it is the same with their tickets from what I remember of the few pages you get from Celebrity compared to my docs for Quest last month.

Guess they just don't change the wording when one brand changes policy to another.

No problem bring alcohol onboard at all.

You are right, I have compared our Celebrity booklet from March and the wordings are identical the pictures different, it looks like a search and replace of brand name and CEO.

Probably not the smartest idea where the brand policies differ, I am just so happy I can drag my contraband on board each night :D

You are right, I have compared our Celebrity booklet from March and the wordings are identical the pictures different, it looks like a search and replace of brand name and CEO.

Probably not the smartest idea where the brand policies differ, I am just so happy I can drag my contraband on board each night :D

You and me both! We'll be in Lisbon on the Journey this September and there's a cherry liquor called Ginjinha that's only made there. I wouldn't have been happy if it were to have been stored away for the duration!

A perfect accompaniment to a cruise in a suite! :D

Thanks.. The suite was the best ! We had 2 bottles of sparkling wine, 4 bottles of liquor.. no way we could even drink all that!

The stateroom attendants and butler great. I'll get a review in once I get acclimated ..but overall wonderful time. The ports and people I met on board and ashore were the highlights

CC

Glad that's sorted out, we are on Quest in August and it's my birthday the day we sail so we are bringing a bottle of Vintage Tatinger with us to celebrate at dinner. I would not be best pleased if it was confiscated as we came on board:D!!!