Packing beverages!!

So I have been reading a lot about (and never realized), that drinks can be taken onboard. This will be our second cruise. My hubby loves water and drinks tons so we are definitely taking advantage of the case of water. I want to take advantage of the wine so I will be bringing my 2 bottles! How do I ensure they safely make it to my room? Do I put it with the water? Are we allowed other beverages such as a case of soda or Gatorade? Thanks cruisers!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carrying on wine is the easiest method; no worries about breaking in / ruining luggage or any delays if they take the bag to security to have you verify it is wine and not hard liquor.

*Technically* water and soda and other soft drinks are not allowed, but 99%+ people have no issues bringing them onboard. Just tape them up so the case doesn't split open and give it to the porters with the rest of your luggage; it will all get delivered to your room.

I agree, carry the wine on. It's just much easier. No worry about it breaking, and no worry about being called to the "naughty room" to prove it isn't hard alcohol.

We also carry on water as it sometimes will cause a visit to the "naughty room." So we put a case in a bag and hook it on our roll aboard. Never had a problem. But to be honest we have just started buying the water package. We drink at least 2 per day, so we by 16 package for $58 (including tip). It's about $3.60 per bottle. I know it's outrageous, but it's just a whole lot easier to have the water in the cabin than hauling it on board. And in the grand scheme of things, it just isn't that much. But that's just me.

You are technically not "allowed" to bring on any beverages other than the two bottles of wine. Most (although I would not say 99%+) do not have a problem except during spring break when they tend to enforce the rules more. Some ports will insist that you carry it on.

I've never quite understood the need to carry on heavy cases of water - not great for the environment either - when the ship's water is perfectly fine to drink. Guess I've been cruising a lot longer than people have been using bottled water. We just bring empty sports bottles to fill with ice water, iced tea or lemonade. You can get packets of dry Gatorade to mix with water as well.

Carrying on wine is the easiest method; no worries about breaking in / ruining luggage or any delays if they take the bag to security to have you verify it is wine and not hard liquor.

*Technically* water and soda and other soft drinks are not allowed, but 99%+ people have no issues bringing them onboard. Just tape them up so the case doesn't split open and give it to the porters with the rest of your luggage; it will all get delivered to your room.

Realizing that things can be different from port to port, can you tell me what port or ports you are referring to? We will be sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades) in May 2015 aboard the Oasis. Thanks

Realizing that things can be different from port to port, can you tell me what port or ports you are referring to? We will be sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades) in May 2015 aboard the Oasis. Thanks

Unfortunately, the ports are not consistent. What they may allow one week may not be allowed the next week.