What is the 50% off special?

hollon

I had also posted a comment on their F B page last night. I was so happy when I check the rates this morning and noticed the correction. When I called last night after midnight, the rep said the offer would not apply to one person in a cabin.

I emailed Adam Goldstein 4 hours ago so perhaps between us (and I expect a few others) we have brought it to their attention that it was unfair not to allowed solos to benefit from this offer :D

When I re-checked the pricing 2 hours ago it was still the same...but when I checked again a few minutes ago it had changed :D

Thank you Royal for listening.:D

Caution! This is not really a sale. I did several mock bookings and saw where they increased the prices for passengers 1 and 2 then took off 50% for passenger 2. So the end result is that the bottom line is like there was no real reduction at all.

I respectfully disagree.

The European cruise I've been watching since the itinerary was released for May 2015 did not have the price increased before the 50% sale, so I am realizing a $930 savings on our oceanview cabin for the 12 night sailing, and my inlaws are saving $1,675 on their JS cabin.

Definitely buyer beware, and know your prices to know if a particular sailing has been re-priced for this promotion.

I emailed Adam Goldstein 4 hours ago so perhaps between us (and I expect a few others) we have brought it to their attention that it was unfair not to allowed solos to benefit from this offer :D

When I re-checked the pricing 2 hours ago it was still the same...but when I checked again a few minutes ago it had changed :D

Thank you Royal for listening.:D

Well done, Elizanessie!

I called my travel agent this morning and saved $625 on our Jan. 25, 2016 Serenade of the Seas cruise. I booked it onboard our last cruise. We kept our balcony discount, obc and our aft cabin. Made my day!

Doris

Price yesterday was 1022 per person for a Deck 10 D2. Today with the BOGO sale, the price per person is 766. And that is before the 225 balcony discount. Any time I can score a Deck 10 D2 for under $700 per person, I am one happy girl!

I'll continue to watch for drops but I can't imagine I will do any better than my 653 per person!

I know a few of you have but if others can post the dates sailing/ship they were able to get deductions on their cruise that would be great! I'm trying to look at some dates but not sure what's a good deal and what isn't. Thanks!!

Unfortunately my husband doesn't pick vacations until around September of each year (seniority based) so I'm not sure if I should gamble or not with picking a date...decisions decisions :confused: :confused:

Allure of the Seas 3/15/2015 sailing. Got over $400 price drop for solo sailing.

I'm really hoping what PP are saying is true and they're allowing you to keep the OBC from previous bookings.

I have 3 bookings currently in the promo period. I priced it out this am and I think between all 3 I'd 1600-1800 total. 1200 of that is on one cruise.

I would still save even if I lost my OBC on my 01/16 allure cruise - about 800 total (we have 2 JS). So not too shabby. But it would be nice to keep my 200/room OBC.

Crossing my fingers that my TA can work her magic and that it will work out. I'm always up for saving $$. If not...such is life.

The "Buy One, Get 50% Off on the Second Cruiser" applies to both new and existing bookings.

We saved $1,116.00 on our Allure Cruise sailing on January 11, 2015.

ZOWIE!

Check your listings CC'ers!

Just booked Oasis for Feb. 6, '16 at a great price. With the 50% off a C2 category cost us less than $800 per with the D balcony discount. Can't beat these prices, plus perks from my TA.

The "Buy One, Get 50% Off on the Second Cruiser" applies to both new and existing bookings.

We saved $1,116.00 on our Allure Cruise sailing on January 11, 2015.

ZOWIE!

Check your listings CC'ers!

NICE NICE NICE.

Hi Trainman....don't know if you remember us. We were your "smoking" buddies on the Lido deck every day on the Oasis. You even posted a pic of the four of us in your review for that cruise. Hope all is well with the two of you.

Took advantage of this special and got Oasis for Feb. 6, '16 for a C2 category for less than $800 per, plus perks from our TA. I'm smiling from ear-to-ear. Read about this special on the CC board last night.

I'm so glad I read this thread. We had booked Quantum onboard Grandeur a few weeks ago with the plans to move the date. When the move to China was announced we started looking for somehting else since Anthem was sooooo expensive. We booked Vision two days ago and were able to keep our obc and low depost. Our TA (friends who are going with us) were able to get the sale for us (and for them) today. We're saving 1K and our $250 obc is still on the new documentation. :D

A 10 nighter in a JS for about $2800 is not a bad deal.

Edited by BND

I want to remind everyone we aren't allowed to name specific travel agencies. It's already been done multiple times on this thread. Posts doing so will be removed and continued violations could result in a suspension of your posting privledges. I've attached a link to the Community Guidelines below. Close attention should be payed to the section titled "Travel Agent Recommedations". Thanks for your future cooperation.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

Edited by Host Kewlguy

Saved $735 on our Fall Foliage cruise 2015 for a Junior Suite!:D

And this was from our original booking price before Royal increased the prices these last two weeks. Otherwise the savings would be even bigger!

I LOVE reading all the reports of the savings everyone has been receiving. I don't have any cruises booked for 2015-2016, yet. I have my eyes on a few itineraries and this may push me to book this month instead of waiting until later. That and I have 2 NCC's burning a hole in my pocket. Yay!

I booked Allure of the Seas about 2 weeks ago for June 2015 sailing in Europe and called RCI today to see if they would honor the price drop for me. They did! So even though it says for new bookings during May there's no reason to cancel and rebook. Just call and they will honor it and you keep your same cabin, reservation, etc.

Our TA just called and she was able to save us a total of $530 on our 2016 cruise. So, excited to save such a sizeable sum. We had booked when the cruise first came out, but RC seems to be honoring previously booked cruises. TA says their office has been crazy today.

I hope everyone is able to save a lot.