What is the 50% off special?

hollon

I am seriously considering changing our Dec. 1 Quantum booking to another cruise....(I have a long list of candidates that I need to narrow down). Might even book 2 as I could do that with these BOGOHO prices for what we are paying for Quantum right now!!

I actually thought it was kinda helpful, b/c if I booked an alaskan cruise which I'm thinking about with two different dates, I don't know if rccl would've told me the rules and once I changed dates, I would be mad at myself for not reading the rules. Kinda like that little square with the terms of agreement, etc, the computer says to click before you can go any further - nobody reads those rules. So thanks

I've been on hold with RC for the longest time...still holding!

I think I have another price drop!

What is this 50% sale you speak of? Does it cover 2014 dates?

Unfortunately, no. While we were on the phone with C&A re-doing our 2015 cruises (saved $1800 in total) we asked about our 2014 cruises. No luck on those.

My sister and I just booked our second Alaska cruise and saved over $1000 on a balcony cabin due to this special. We also had an On Board Booking OBC of $100 from our October 2013 cruise. We will be using our air miles to fly to Seattle so that is basically free (except taxes, etc.) so all in all this is a sweet deal! Snagged a coveted hump cabin too!!:)

Has anyone else noticed that the prices on same cruise and same dates have gone up since this morning? It looks like someone is playing with the prices depending on the time of day! :o

I did a print screen last night and this morning. I couldn't make the reservation this morning so an on hold now.

When I go the the page and do the "mock" booking BOTH cruises are up $92.00 over this morning! (Everything else is the same taxes and room price. What changed was the discount!) :eek: I really don't understand why? :cool:

Edited by Tropicalgal2

Has anyone else noticed that the prices on same cruise and same dates have gone up since this morning? It looks like someone is playing with the prices depending on the time of day! :o

I did a print screen last night and this morning. I couldn't make the reservation this morning so an on hold now.

When I go the the page and do the "mock" booking BOTH cruises are up $92.00 over this morning! :eek: I really don't understand why? :cool:

Check that your still "logged in" to the site. If it auto logs you out youll lose your crown and anchor discount.

Saved about $500 on already booked FOS sailing next year, and booked Allure in 2016 with an Open Booking I had squirreled away...saved at least another $600 on that one over prices I had seen last month, and with C&A discount ended up getting a JS for about the price of a D1. Now to find where to spend that $1000+ I've saved today!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I haven't read the whole thread so please forgive me if this has been posted already but I'm curious if anyone has been able to keep their C&A discount. I upgraded to a JR from a D1 balcony and the guy told me I would be able to keep the discount, but when I looked at the new invoice he sent me I no longer have that $125 discount.

Just wondering if it is worth it for me to call again and question it.

Thanks!

I got to keep my C&A $125.00 discount for balcony room as I saved $350 on our March 2015 cruise. It would have been more but the standard price of the room category had gone up from what we paid so I had to pay the I was really liking the savings.

Yes, the 50% off promo is combinable with C&A discounts.

Yep, our balcony discount is on the new invoice. Funny thing is, ours is all against my fare, not DH's. DH shows as the second, discounted fare.

Thank you so much! I called back and was able to save almost another $300. My Crown and Anchor discount wasn't applied. What I'm most happy about though is that they were able to switch me back to Deck 8! This morning they told me there were no JS's left on Deck 8. So we went up to deck 9 but all day long I've been wondering if I made the right decision since I really wanted to be on the same deck as Central Park. I'm so excited to try my first JS!!

I want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread.

I emailed my TA this morning about a price drop on the RCI website and she emailed me back saying the cruise price had not changed. I replied with detailed info about the promo and asked her to please try to apply it.

I saved $405! for our family of 5 on the Freedom March 22, 2015 sailing. :D

Check that your still "logged in" to the site. If it auto logs you out youll lose your crown and anchor discount.

If I'm signed in the price of the cabin is $100.00 more! ? ! ? The difference is PLUS $51.00 for being signed in! ! ! ! Now I'm really confused and upset! :eek: :cool:

Edited by Tropicalgal2

Just thought I would let people know that I called my TA and told her about it and she got back to me with a $550 savings on a JS and a lrg ov (F) on Radiance northbound Alaskan on 5/15/2015 that we have had booked since they opened 2015.:D

If I'm signed in the price of the cabin is $100.00 more! ? ! ? The difference is PLUS $51.00 for being signed in! ! ! ! Now I'm really confused and upset! :eek: :cool:

Your location indicates Panama…maybe the promotion is only valid for US/Canadian citizens????Not sure but that maybe why your pricing is fluctuating…

Just read the T/Cs…US and Canada residents only:

Offer applies to sailings departing Jan 1, 2015–Apr. 30, 2016; all stateroom categories. Cruise must be booked May 1-31, 2014 (the “Offer Period”). Offer provides for 50% off cruise fare of second guest booked in the same stateroom as a first guest who books at full fare. All other charges, including, but not limited to, taxes, fees and port expenses, are additional and apply to all guests. Offer is combinable with standard/full fare rates and Crown & Anchor discounts and benefits. Offer not combinable with restricted rates (including, but not limited to, seniors, residents, military), Interline, Travel Agent Rates, and Net Rates. Offer excludes Quantum and Anthem of the Seas and third and higher occupancy guests. After the Offer Period, the Offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the Offer. Offer applies to new individual and named group bookings only. Offer available to residents of the United States or Canada. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Refer to royalcaribbean.com for complete terms and conditions. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. © 2014 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registry: The Bahamas.

Edited by moakes
added info

So I took advantage of this on an existing booking, and it saved us $328.00 so we are very happy. My question though is on my statement under passenger #1 it has a line item that reads CAS Discount $85.00. I assume this is a crown and anchor society discount, but I am wondering if I can get my $75.00 balcony discount on top of this. Just wasnt sure as I have never had the CAS Discount line show up on a booking before. Meant to ask when I was on the phone earlier with RCCL but forgot. Would be interested in whether anyone knows the answer to this.

Thanks

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

So I took advantage of this on an existing booking, and it saved us $328.00 so we are very happy. My question though is on my statement under passenger #1 it has a line item that reads CAS Discount $85.00. I assume this is a crown and anchor society discount, but I am wondering if I can get my $75.00 balcony discount on top of this. Just wasnt sure as I have never had the CAS Discount line show up on a booking before. Meant to ask when I was on the phone earlier with RCCL but forgot. Would be interested in whether anyone knows the answer to this.

Thanks

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

This is the discount that replaced the C&A savings certificates that used to be issued quarterly. Not combinable with the balcony discount. It will automatically give you whichever discount is higher.

I received this discount on our Oasis cruise for a total of $164 when we would have only received $125 for the balcony discount.

I saved $992 on our daughter's graduation cruise. Adventure of the Seas, June 2015. Then I saved $980 on our cruise with just DH and me. Repositioning Brilliance of the Seas, October 2015. WooHoo!!!!!! Thanks cruise critic. Great info! :)

Sue