Voyager Captain?

Pepc

Does anyone know who will be the Captain of the Voyager beginning in a couple of weeks to mid-June?

For future reference, is there a travel website that posts that sort of info?

Thank you!

Very interesting. Captain Sanguineti was our Captain on the Voyager from Auckland to Sydney Jan. 18 - 31.

He was replaced by Daniel Green on the Sydney to Singapore Feb. 1 - 19.

I asked him how long his shift would be. I don't recall his answer but definitely assumed it would be longer than 2 months.

In the past couple of years, the Captain of the Voyager when we have be on on board has been either Captain Sanguineti or Captain McNeil. I think they do 4 month shifts. Things do change - a bit too frequently. My favorite G.M. is going on a different ship after his vacation and the C.D. that is usually on the Voyager is also on another ship. It is almost impossible to keep track or make predictions as they can change at the last minute. While I would love to know who will be onboard in late June, I'll probably find out when I get on the ship.

Thanks for the info!

I was told there was a good possibility that it would be Daniel Green, but by the sounds of it, I guess that is not to be.

Like Travelcat, I'll guess we will see when we get aboard ship in a couple weeks!

Thanks for the info!

I was told there was a good possibility that it would be Daniel Green, but by the sounds of it, I guess that is not to be.

Like Travelcat, I'll guess we will see when we get aboard ship in a couple weeks!

I'll try one of my Facebook friends and see if I can find out more. I heard from someone currently working on the Navigator today and learned that Franck Galzy will be on the Navigator - not the Mariner in July. If I hear anything about the Voyager, I'll post.

According to someone currently on the Voyager, Daniel Green will be the Captain for our cruise (June 28th), so it is certainly possible that he will be on your cruise. Please let us know. Also, we have not sailed with him before and would love to know what it is about him that you like. Thanks!

Thanks for the wonderful news, Travelcat!

We met Captain Green in 2010 on our Alaska cruise aboard the Navigator (San Francisco to Vancouver). Back then he was the Staff Captain to Captain McNeil.

It was obvious watching Daniel interact with the crew that he was well respected - - and his engaging personality when speaking with the guests was infectious!

We're glad to know he will be in charge while we cruise from Rome to Stockholm.

Captain McNeil is wonderful. We had him on the Voyager last year for Asia cruise. He got on the ship in Hong Kong. He's very well respected by the crew and such a gentleman. We'll love to see him May 2015 from Barcelona to London cruise.

Forevertravel

In case anyone is reading this thread and wonders why we ask who the Captain or General Manager will be on a cruise....... here is why it is of interest to me...... The whole mood of the ship starts at the top. When the crew has a good relationship with top officers, they are happy and it shows in their attitude. I have seen Capt. McNeill help a crew member when they were fixing something on the top deck. He could have just walked by -- after all, it was not his job. But, he cared and is part of a team -- it is no wonder why the crew enjoys working with him.

Franck Galzy, G.M. - currently on the Voyager -- soon to be on the Navigator is also well liked by the crew. He worked his way up with Regent and also makes sure that the his crew is taken care of (and is well trained). I have always thought that he should be the person who trains new General Managers that will be sailing on Regent ships. Another amazing G.M. that we have sailed with is Davor Josipovich -- currently on the Mariner. While I am not familiar with his background, we were both impressed with how he interacted with guests as well as with the crew.

The bottom line is that a happy crew usually translates into happy passengers. Although we have not sailed with Daniel Green, we are looking forward to meeting him and are crossing our fingers that the G.M. will be a someone trained by Regent rather than by Oceania. There is a difference.

Note: I am not putting down Oceania -- there is a G.M. on Oceania that I adore. Just do not feel that the G.M.'s are interchangeable. IMO, even Franck Galzy would need a bit of on-the-job training before he fit in on Oceania.

Edited by Travelcat2

Captain Green was our captain on our Feb. Sydney to Singapore cruise on the Voyager. He was delightful. He interacted with passengers all of the time and we had a great bridge tour with him. Very outgoing yet totally professional.

Here is Captain Daniel Green single-handedly greeting every passenger debarking in Willemstad, Curacao, on our January, 2013 Miami-Lima cruise aboard the Mariner. I echo all the nice words posted about him. He's the most accessible ship's captain we've met, by far.

captainanddepartingguestswillemstad_zpscf337581.jpg

We would be interested to know who will be the Captain & GM for the Grand Voyage beginning 11 March. Looking for the crystal ball......

There is truly no way that anyone has an answer to your question. GM's and Captain's don't even know where they will be that far in advance. In fact, I'm waiting to hear from a GM who usually sails on Oceania's Riviera to find out if he'll be on our cruise in November....... he still doesn't know. And, at the moment, I am unable to find out who will replace Franck Galzy on the Voyager when he goes on vacation next month.

I think we need more than a crystal ball:)

Franck told me that he would not be on the Voyager for our June 28th cruise. So, Pepc, I assume he will be on your cruise and will then be leaving. If you happen to see him while onboard, kindly ask him who will be replacing him. Would also love it if you sent him regards from Travelcat...... Thanks much:)

Edited by Travelcat2

Travelcat,

I absolutely will give your regards to Mr. Galzy - - and will ask him who his replacement will be.

I will not have a computer while on board, so please be patient and once we return home, I'll give you the name of his replacement!

Pepc (Patti)

Travelcat,

I absolutely will give your regards to Mr. Galzy - - and will ask him who his replacement will be.

I will not have a computer while on board, so please be patient and once we return home, I'll give you the name of his replacement!

Pepc (Patti)

Thanks so much. Have a GREAT cruise:D

P.S. Oops -- just heard from Franck and according to him "GM will be Andreas and Capatin should be Gianmario. You will be in good hands." Now I have to figure out who Andreas is. Still think Franck and the Captain will be the same on your cruise -- it seems like they are all leaving after the "Grand Cruise" (I am not aware of what that was but Franck mentioned it in his note". Again, thank you for giving our regards to Franck when you are on board.

Edited by Travelcat2

"Andreas" is Andreas Piccinin, the GM on our Navigator Caribbean cruise in February, which I live-blogged. This is what I wrote about him at the time:

We ran into General Manager Andreas Piccinin--clearly dressed for a jog--on our way back to the Navigator early this afternoon, and remembered I wanted to write a few words about him.

One of the pleasures of this cruise has been meeting and getting to chat with him. He's upbeat and genial, and, at 42, a young'un. (In fact, he looks even more youthful than that.) But he has packed in 20 years of experience on the high seas, having started out as an assistant waiter with Princess in the early '90s.

Before coming over to Regent last year, Andreas spent a decade with Oceania, working his way up to the title of Food and Beverage Director on the Marina. His time with Oceania was important in another way--that's where he met and fell in love with his wife, Maria, from Romania, who was working at the time as a bar waiter. They have two daughters, Andreea and three-month-old Anna.

After being trained at Regent by Franck Galzy aboard the Voyager, Andreas joined the Navigator last November in Charleston, just as we were preparing to debark from our Montreal-Miami cruise. He'll be debarking himself in a few weeks, and, after vacation back home in Tenerife, Canary Islands, is already set to return to the Voyager on May 30.

"Andreas" is Andreas Piccinin, the GM on our Navigator Caribbean cruise in February, which I live-blogged. This is what I wrote about him at the time:

We ran into General Manager Andreas Piccinin--clearly dressed for a jog--on our way back to the Navigator early this afternoon, and remembered I wanted to write a few words about him.

One of the pleasures of this cruise has been meeting and getting to chat with him. He's upbeat and genial, and, at 42, a young'un. (In fact, he looks even more youthful than that.) But he has packed in 20 years of experience on the high seas, having started out as an assistant waiter with Princess in the early '90s.

Before coming over to Regent last year, Andreas spent a decade with Oceania, working his way up to the title of Food and Beverage Director on the Marina. His time with Oceania was important in another way--that's where he met and fell in love with his wife, Maria, from Romania, who was working at the time as a bar waiter. They have two daughters, Andreea and three-month-old Anna.

After being trained at Regent by Franck Galzy aboard the Voyager, Andreas joined the Navigator last November in Charleston, just as we were preparing to debark from our Montreal-Miami cruise. He'll be debarking himself in a few weeks, and, after vacation back home in Tenerife, Canary Islands, is already set to return to the Voyager on May 30.

Thank you so much for posting information on Andreas Piccinin. Although I am not crazy about GM's from Oceania, the fact that Franck trained him on Regent is a huge plus. I am still looking forward to the day when Francisco graduates through the ranks of Regent and becomes a G.M. (note: he is currently on the Mariner). We have followed his career for years and truly believe that he has what it takes to fill this position.

Again, thank you for sharing Andreas' background. We are now looking forward to meeting him. We'll be on board 28 days which is quite a bit longer than any of our previous cruises so hopefully we'll have a chance to chat with him.

I just learned from granianne that Capt. John McNeill is going to be on Oceania (not certain for how long). I'm beginning to think that we need a posse of women to go over the Oceania and bring him back :D