Booking on Board

Sandy1975

I have a question about booking on board. When you you book on board Celebrity usually offers OBC and now the Bev pack or pick your perk I think.

If I book on board to get these benefits, can I transfer that to a TA and keep the OBC and Bev pack celebrity offered or do I lose them becuase I am transferring? SO confused!

Yes - anything you get on board will transfer over to the TA if it is a direct transfer. Note, however, that they only price you can book and recieve the perks and OBC is the standard price listed for the cruise (no Senior, Military, State, etc rates).

When I booked on board a few weeks ago, I recieved the benefits as listed. However, when I looked at the pricing, we qualified for a military rate the reduced our price $600p/p. We opted to take the military price, and recieved the OBC, but not the perk (beverage package). This transfered over directly to my TA too.

Hope that all makes sense!

Yes - anything you get on board will transfer over to the TA if it is a direct transfer. Note, however, that they only price you can book and recieve the perks and OBC is the standard price listed for the cruise (no Senior, Military, State, etc rates).

When I booked on board a few weeks ago, I recieved the benefits as listed. However, when I looked at the pricing, we qualified for a military rate the reduced our price $600p/p. We opted to take the military price, and recieved the OBC, but not the perk (beverage package). This transfered over directly to my TA too.

Hope that all makes sense!

However one thing they do offer is a class upgrade free. So you book a C1 at C2 price, etc. So there are some cost savings.

However one thing they do offer is a class upgrade free. So you book a C1 at C2 price, etc. So there are some cost savings.

Watch that you get it. We recently booked a future cruise onboard the Century. It wasn't until i saw a post today regarding this that i double checked the booking and saw that we didn't get the class upgrade and paid the AQ1 rate for an AQ1 cabin. I phoned today and they took care of it right away giving us the AQ2 rate. Never assume ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually, you can not book a C1 at C2 price. It is excluded. You can book a C2 at C3 price, however.

Yes. Also you do not need to book on board to get the upgrade. It is part of the CC benefits.

Regarding booking on board - I've booked future cruises on board on my last two cruises. In both cases I asked if you can change an on board booking to a different cruise later and have been told by the Future Cruise Consultants that you can.

This week I wanted to change a booking from a Solstice March 2015 cruise to a Century October 2014 cruise. My travel agent here in Australia tried to get Celebrity to change it but Celebrity told her that we can't change an on board booking - we can only cancel and and get our deposit refunded. I booked the Century cruise on April 30 to get the drink package and $275 per stateroom discount for Captain's Club members and paid the full deposit before the current offers finished. She called Celebrity again the next day and was told the same thing.

We can't now go on the March 2015 cruise due to work commitments but haven't cancelled it yet. I may wait until we find something else we want to book and try again to swap that booking over to a new booking. Has anyone else been able to change on board bookings at a later date? If so, did you retain any offers, like OBC and beverage package, that you had with the original booking, even if they are not currently being offered when booking on land at the time? I see that Celebrity are now offering a choice of a beverage package all year round when booking on board.

Is the pick your perk thing still being offered onboard today? The general version of the promotion ended yesterday

The Future Cruise Vacations (booking on board) are not affected by current promotions, so yes, the "Pick Your Perk"/123go! is still valid for on board bookings.

Regarding booking on board - I've booked future cruises on board on my last two cruises. In both cases I asked if you can change an on board booking to a different cruise later and have been told by the Future Cruise Consultants that you can.

This week I wanted to change a booking from a Solstice March 2015 cruise to a Century October 2014 cruise. My travel agent here in Australia tried to get Celebrity to change it but Celebrity told her that we can't change an on board booking - we can only cancel and and get our deposit refunded. I booked the Century cruise on April 30 to get the drink package and $275 per stateroom discount for Captain's Club members and paid the full deposit before the current offers finished. She called Celebrity again the next day and was told the same thing.

We can't now go on the March 2015 cruise due to work commitments but haven't cancelled it yet. I may wait until we find something else we want to book and try again to swap that booking over to a new booking. Has anyone else been able to change on board bookings at a later date? If so, did you retain any offers, like OBC and beverage package, that you had with the original booking, even if they are not currently being offered when booking on land at the time? I see that Celebrity are now offering a choice of a beverage package all year round when booking on board.

Do you think it might be because you are in Australia? I know they seem to do some things different depending where you are from. I was also concerned about being able to change a booking and was told repeatedly this would be no problem whatsoever and that could basically change the booking umpteen times and would still keep both the OBC and drink package.

This doesn't seem right.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Booked on board. Transferred to TA. Kept my 1 2 3 go and OBC from the original booking. The TA gave us some additional OBC. Know prices before booking. Ask your TA in advance what they would do for your booking. I emailed my TA from the ship asking what he would do for us if we had Celebrity transfer the booking. It is so easy.

Do you think it might be because you are in Australia? I know they seem to do some things different depending where you are from. I was also concerned about being able to change a booking and was told repeatedly this would be no problem whatsoever and that could basically change the booking umpteen times and would still keep both the OBC and drink package.

This doesn't seem right.

I've been told exactly the same thing when booking on board when I asked about what would happen if I wanted to change to a different cruise and was told the same thing as you, that this would be no problem at all.

I only booked the Century cruise on April 30, the last day with the promotion to add the beverage package and also a choice of a $200 OBC or a $275 discount off the cruise price for CC members. She phone Celebrity and asked to transfer the booking and was told that we couldn't - we would have to cancel and get a refund of the deposit paid on board and then book the new cruise. Since it was the last day with the offers and they were basically the same as I had with the on board booking I said to make the new booking and we would sort out the original on board booking that we want to cancel later.

She called Celebrity again the next day and spoke to a different consultant who said that we can't change an on board booking to a different cruise but that since we had been told that we can they would honour that but since it was now May 1st we wouldn't keep the drink package and $275 discount. It was suggested that if we're told this in the future when we book future cruises on board that we asked the consultant to write down that we can cancel and re-book and sign it. I haven't cancelled the March 2015 cruise yet but will decide what cruise we want to do later next year and will then re-book if they will let us keep the $300 OBC and drink package. If there are problems doing that I'll cancel and get a refund for that cruise and will wait until we're on the Century in October to book the next cruise and then I'll be sure of getting the extra benefits.

I have had problems in the past with Celebrity Australia not giving price drops or allowing us to add promotions after the original booking, unlike what happens in the USA. It seems that Celebrity Australia have now moved their call centre off shore and they are in Guatemala now so perhaps the staff don't know all the rules but it's frustrating when this happens.

Celebrity's rules are a mess. There are so many offers, special fares, things that can and can't be combined...and none of it is completely documented anywhere. That's why if you don't like the first answer, just call back and you'll probably get a different guess..oh sorry, a different answer. Since there's no documentation, it's impossible to straighten out a misunderstanding because they seem to make up rules.

I have been unable to find out if the on board credit which is combinable with one other offer is combinable with the shareholder benefit which is not combinable with any other offer. I've had guesses and they are about even between yes and no. Just an example, but it's typical of what's happening these days.