Maasdam Sail Away - Friday, May 2, 2014 - Last one of the season (Cue sad, bluesy mus

POA1

Checking in.

After the Veendam sailed yesterday, I watched the other two ships sail. The Liberty of the Seas provided a bit of interest. Shortly after she left port, there was radio traffic between the Harbormaster and Liberty. That was unusual. She had to return to port becasue of a medical emergency. She docked at Pier 25, using her thrusters, I believe, to hold her against the pier. I saw no lines deployed. After about 10 minutes, off she went again.

I hope that the person is all right.

The problem with opening two windows to have both webcams open is that you get sound for both! Didn't there used to be a sound on/off button on their screen? Now I only see "sound playing" so I can't just turn off one. Any ideas?

Edited by alibabacruisers

Checking in.

After the Veendam sailed yesterday, I watched the other two ships sail. The Liberty of the Seas provided a bit of interest. Shortly after she left port, there was radio traffic between the Harbormaster and Liberty. That was unusual. She had to return to port becasue of a medical emergency. She docked at Pier 25, using her thrusters, I believe, to hold her against the pier. I saw no lines deployed. After about 10 minutes, off she went again.

I watched, too. Quite interesting.

The problem with opening two windows to have both webcams open is that you get sound for both! Didn't there used to be a sound on/off button on their screen? Now I only see "sound playing" so I can't just turn off one. Any ideas?

At the top of the picture to the left of the title "Port Everglades Webcam" is a control to mute and/or adjust the volume of the sound. Click the Pause symbol to turn it off...

In honour of it being the last sail away, and the Maasdam, at that, I am having a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch while I watch, instead of my usual cottage cheese salad!:D

Just don't spill any tea or sandwich on that lap top:D

Mr. Marley says hi to you:D

At the top of the picture to the left of the title "Port Everglades Webcam" is a control to mute and/or adjust the volume of the sound. Click the Pause symbol to turn it off...

Thanks for that! Great! Did not even see that.

I should be here...and I will try to figure out when they go by us here on the way North!

We're south of Boston...only a mile from the water...anyone know the website where one can check marine traffic?

Another one that I use is: http://shipfinder.co/

Also, if you are on a Mac, there are several free Apps that track either ships or aircraft...

Just don't spill any tea or sandwich on that lap top:D

Mr. Marley says hi to you:D

Say hi back to Mr. Marley. Hope he is not eating your devices today!

No spilling! (Maybe a few crumbs...)

Thanks for that! Great! Did not even see that.

You are most welcome... There is another interesting finding from yesterday. The condo sound is on the left channel and ship traffic on right channel. If you have stereo speakers it is very noticeable.

Checking in on a very warm Southern California day. If sail away isn't until 5 pm I may have to go rustle up some breakfast for DH; we're just starting our day here. (Night owl-type people!)

Edited by Spinner2

Say hi back to Mr. Marley. Hope he is not eating your devices today!

No spilling! (Maybe a few crumbs...)

ha! ha! no device chewing today by Mr. Marley and if he touches my lap top he will be a dead dog/puppy :) the only electronic he liked was a very small travel calculator.

He didn't eat it - just chewed it to death. And didn't even come to the funeral:eek::eek:

why do puppies that grow up to be big dogs teeth for so long??

He says hi back and his tail is wagging.

Watch those crumbs in the keyboard;)

3 passengers still at airport.

oh! oh! I hope they get there - another reason (besides the nice weather when I am going to FLL) that I'd rather get in a couple of days before.

Wonder if the ship will wait? It's going to be tight!

oh! oh! I hope they get there - another reason (besides the nice weather when I am going to FLL) that I'd rather get in a couple of days before.

Wonder if the ship will wait? It's going to be tight!

Should be at ship in 15minutes they said.