Private Princess Community?

cvpends

I received the following e-mail. Is it legitimate?

---------------received message follows-------------------

Hello,

You've been invited by Christi to join the community listed below.

Invitation to Join Community

Princess Private Community

Message From Christi

You're invited to join the private Princess Cruises online community! Membership is by invitation only.

Whether you're brand new to cruising or an experienced cruiser, the Princess online community is a place to connect with others and voice your opinion on everything from travel experiences to the latest innovations at Princess. There will even be scheduled sessions where you can chat directly with members of the Princess web team.

This is a private, members only group. If this sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, please join us!

Join This Community

Sincerely,

Princess Private Community

http://princess.hoop.la

I also received one of these. I just got off the phone to Princess and asked them about the email. The agent for Princess had not heard of this and he could not call another department to ask about the email as they were not working at this hour. He recommended that I not do anything now but call Princess tomorrow during normal Pacific Coast working hours. It could be a new outreach or advertising program that has not been wide spread thru all the agents. On the other hand, it could be a malicious Email.

I also received one of these. I just got off the phone to Princess and asked them about the email. The agent for Princess had not heard of this and he could not call another department to ask about the email as they were not working at this hour. He recommended that I not do anything now but call Princess tomorrow during normal Pacific Coast working hours. It could be a new outreach or advertising program that has not been wide spread thru all the agents. On the other hand, it could be a malicious Email.

Yes, I recieved it yesterday as well, I joined and it seems to be legit.

Actually hoop.la is a legit community program/system. We looked into it for our group a couple of years ago. It was out of our price range. :)

So, it could be an okay thing. But I would still wait until a call to Princess gets you more info. Seems weird to have it come out of the blue.

I've not had a computer for very long (hence my short membership time on this forum), but have quickly learnt of the trouble I can get in by clicking on these type of e-mails.

It is very difficult to determine which are legit and which are not. I've decided to play it safe and always delete them.

It was for completeing a couple of surveys recently, along with that they asked if you would be willing/interested in joining a discussion group.

I did complete a survey lately and offered to be a beta tester for their website improvements, as I recall. Maybe it has to do with that?

I got the same email yesterday and forwarded it on to Princess customer care to find out if it is legit. I also completed a survey recently but that one was from Princess, so it seemed safe. Hopefully I'll here back from Princess on Monday but in the meantime, I'm not clicking on the link from "Christi".

I wouldn't touch that link with a 10 foot pole.:(
Same here. There's a 100% chance it has nothing to do with Princess or Carnival Corporation no matter whether you take a survey or not. If it were from Princess, it would come from @princess.com. If it were from a legitimate TA, it wouldn't be disguised as coming from Laos. Just wait until you "win" something and have to pay $1,000 to redeem. Or, you find your computer totally screwed up.

hoop.la is in an online community platform operating as saas (software as a service) that Princess has subscribed to to start up a discussion group. It is not from Laos.

I just joined to check it out but not much is going on because it is just in its formative stages.

Same here. There's a 100% chance it has nothing to do with Princess or Carnival Corporation no matter whether you take a survey or not. If it were from Princess, it would come from @princess.com. If it were from a legitimate TA, it wouldn't be disguised as coming from Laos. Just wait until you "win" something and have to pay $1,000 to redeem. Or, you find your computer totally screwed up.

I forwarded the email to Princess Customer Care when I received it on Friday and got a call today. Although it did not come directly from Princess, it is from a company that Princess contracted with to do periodic research on their website. The Princess CSR encouraged me to participate and in fact added a gift to our onboard account for our upcoming cruise for taking the time to contact them. Strange but true!

Edited by azbirdmom

I also got the email and I did join. like others, I've been part of a website beta tester and agreed to be part of an online forum. they have topics or ask questions and just want responses. the one I saw was about pre-cruise hotel stays. were you aware of them? etc.

Edited by cdngrl

• 2 months later...

I finally got the email today that I was accepted into the community. Seems quiet right now. Hopefully it will liven up. Maybe I'm too used to the activity on CC! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally got the email today that I was accepted into the community. Seems quiet right now. Hopefully it will liven up. Maybe I'm too used to the activity on CC! :)

Its pretty much non existant now, at first in April I was getting a ton of email notifications when people posted, now 1 every 4 or 5 days maybe.