Onboard account.

i think it depends on the ship , we could not see ours on the grandeur, and it was a little annoying trying to keep up with what you were spending onboard. i had to keep going to the desk and then they said they dont update it till after 3pm, i wonder if it was so many would spend and spend and not realize their balance., lol

i think it depends on the ship , we could not see ours on the grandeur, and it was a little annoying trying to keep up with what you were spending onboard. i had to keep going to the desk and then they said they dont update it till after 3pm, i wonder if it was so many would spend and spend and not realize their balance., lol

You're correct, no TV display of account on Vision class and Majesty. However, some staterooms on Vision class ships have iPads which will show the onboard account.

Edited by clarea

Hi,

did the Vision OTS get this 'updated' with the new TVs during the last year dry dock changes and refurbishments ?

Royal has not added interactive TV to ships during the recent dry docks. They explained to me that the interactive TV is an old and problematic technology, and they would rather do something like the iPads. So far, the iPads are only showing up in JS and higher staterooms on some Vision class ships.

Edited by clarea

Not on Splendour either.

Just off Adventure and the Account Review available on the TV has been updated and now gives a total on initial access and you can then move to see the detailed transactions.

You're correct, no TV display of account on Vision class and Majesty. However, some staterooms on Vision class ships have iPads which will show the onboard account.

I didn't know that...... each ship I've been on had it.... but I've not sailed Vision class yet.... Legend and Rhapsody coming up. Apologies for passing on inaccurate information. This ranks alongside finding out that not all rooms have minibars / coolers .....

So I won't be able to check my balance on the. TV on the Rhapsody?

I don't believe so. We were on Rhapsody after the upgrades and did not have interactive TV.

However, Guest Services will give you a printout of your account anytime you want.

I didn't know that...... each ship I've been on had it.... but I've not sailed Vision class yet.... Legend and Rhapsody coming up. Apologies for passing on inaccurate information. This ranks alongside finding out that not all rooms have minibars / coolers .....

Well, maybe by the time you sail they will have installed iPads in all the staterooms.:)

I don't believe so. We were on Rhapsody after the upgrades and did not have interactive TV.

However, Guest Services will give you a printout of your account anytime you want.

Thanks. We haven't been on a vision class ship for awhile.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

sorry to jump in on someone else's thread. Can someone confirm if you can see your account on the the TV on Serenade and does it have a minibar ?

Serenade staterooms have a mini-bar and interactive TV.