Mini Bar exchange

majortom10

Can anyone tell me if as an Elite member can I swap my complimentary mini bar set up for coffee cards on Emerald Princess.

Yes, the complete mini-bar set up for 2 coffee cards. IMO, the best value option for swapping.

Here's a link to all of the exchange options from the Captain's Circle FAQs:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=271055&d=1368407263

On a recent b2b we requested coffee cards for the 2nd cruise prior to transition day. They appreciated not having to bring a minibar setup & then have to exchange it during the busy embarkation day.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Yes, the complete mini-bar set up for 2 coffee cards. IMO, the best value option for swapping.

Do the coffee cards include gratuities or do you pay each time you get coffee?

Sali

According to the Elite exchange of the full mini bar, I could get 2 coffee cards. Do I have to use both cards that week or can I use the second card on a different cruise?

Sali

We've had two BTB cruises this year and once they include the ship's name & cruise number and the other time they did not. With the name on the card technically you cannot use it to get free brewed coffee on another cruise but that may be dependent upon the barista who serves you. However the coffee card punches are good on other cruises and you can use a punch for a brewed or specialty coffees...or on the Royal/Regal for yummy ice cream treats at Gelato. :D

According to the Elite exchange of the full mini bar, I could get 2 coffee cards. Do I have to use both cards that week or can I use the second card on a different cruise?

Sali

You can use any card with remaining punches on a future cruise for specialty coffee but not for the unlimited brewed coffee .

Agreed, great swap out deal for the mini-bar setup.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've done this three times on three separate B2B's. On one cruise I had the mini bar on the first leg and exchanged the second leg for two coffee cards. This was done on two cruises.

On another cruise mini bar stayed on the first leg and I took a bottle of wine for the second leg.

My coffee cards delivered thru room service did not have ship name or date on the back of them. I now have beaucoup coffee cards, so that will keep me happy for a while.

Not a big deal, but understand that "mini bar" includes everything in the frig: the cans of soda and both water bottles.

You may be thinking of what is in the mini-fridge for passengers without the mini-bar setup.

The setup includes 8 airline size bottles of spirits, 2 beers, 6 or 8 cans of soda, 2 small bottles of water, 2 bottles sparkling water.

Hi I have a question. I am not elite yet but will be shortly. I have a 49 day cruise that I booked as 1 cruise. Will I get the mini bar for each segment or just the one time?

Hi I have a question. I am not elite yet but will be shortly. I have a 49 day cruise that I booked as 1 cruise. Will I get the mini bar for each segment or just the one time?

I have this same question. We booked a 13-day cruise which is actually two separate cruises. (We booked it as one). Will we get two separate mini bar set-ups?

I have this same question. We booked a 13-day cruise which is actually two separate cruises. (We booked it as one). Will we get two separate mini bar set-ups?

Even when booked as a longer cruise, each segment that could be booked as an individual cruise gets another minibar setup.

Yes and Yes. Enjoy your booze (s). :D

You can easily sell coffee cards on Ebay, by the way, for about 80% of new value and cost of a postage stamp (and ebay/paypal fees) if you don't anticipate going on another Princess cruise. So, for an unused card costing about $35 onboard after gratuity charge added, you can probably get $30 for it on ebay and net about $26 after sellers' fees.....if you need the cash. People also buy used coffee cards with punches remaining. I have never sold any, but I have bought a couple on ebay. We both have a iced caramel mocha with whipped cream each morning....at about $2 each, much cheaper than Starbucks for sure! :cool:

Edited by BrandiGreg

You may be thinking of what is in the mini-fridge for passengers without the mini-bar setup.

The setup includes 8 airline size bottles of spirits, 2 beers, 6 or 8 cans of soda, 2 small bottles of water, 2 bottles sparkling water.

The "mini bar" includes exactly what you describe in the frig along with the whiskey bottles..

They are taken as part the "mini bar".

I made the point because others may think, as I did the first time, that the soda and water bottles are excluded. They're not.

Edited by Stevesan