Comp. Fruit On request?

There will be a stainless steel basket in your room with a piece of paper where you can check off what fruits you would like the steward to place in the basket. If the order form is not in the bottom of the basket just ask the steward for what you would like. ....probably banana, pear, apple.

I just noticed that the room info for the room states - complimentary fruit upon request. Is this something we will have to do when we arrive. Ask the steward or did I miss something when we booked?

In your cabin, there is a small basket with a checklist for the type of fruit you like.

Based on my one experience, I would say you need to bring it to the attention of your cabin steward if you want fruit, and if you want it refilled. Ours finally found our note, but did not replenish. But we didn't make it an issue.

I wanted the fruit, because there's not enough food on the ship! LOL

Edited by cavecreekguy

When you arrive at your cabin, look for the form where indicated in the basket on the counter. Assuming the form is there, complete and it hand it to your steward when he comes in to introduce himself or leave it at the foot of your bed before you go to dinner. When the steward does turn down service, he will find the note.

If you want refills and there is no form, write a note on a piece of paper and leave the note for the steward if you do not see him in the hallway.

It has been my experience that the Steward will replace the fruit as it is used without being requested.

Mine too. Maybe we've been lucky.

This was sort of our experience, after bringing the initial basket (with one of each item checked), it wasn't replenished until there was only one thing left in it. That was on our third cruise. On our second cruise (the first one we got fruit) it was kept filled as we ate it.

Mine too. Maybe we've been lucky.

Our steward has always replaced our fruit as we consumed it. He always brings more grapes or apple or whatever it is we ate. :)

It has been my experience that the Steward will replace the fruit as it is used without being requested.

Well, this was the cruise where I asked the cabin steward to leave me extra ice for cocktails three times and he just would not do it. So maybe I just had a difficult cabin steward.

Well, this was the cruise where I asked the cabin steward to leave me extra ice for cocktails three times and he just would not do it. So maybe I just had a difficult cabin steward.

Since they only clean the room twice how would they leave it 3 times a day? I certainly wouldn't expect them to do that. I would think you would have to call room service or go to a bar to get some. I wish Hal had ice cubes like Princess instead of the ice chips that last about 5 minutes.

Since they only clean the room twice how would they leave it 3 times a day? I certainly wouldn't expect them to do that. I would think you would have to call room service or go to a bar to get some. I wish Hal had ice cubes like Princess instead of the ice chips that last about 5 minutes.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood.

On three different days, I asked my cabin steward to leave extra ice when he serviced the room in the morning. He would just say "oh, when you want it call for it". Well, by the third day, the guy who delivered the ice in the afternoon when I called for it said "oh, you should ask your cabin steward to leave extra ice for you". I said "Well, I've asked him to do that three times and he won't do it."

So, the next morning, as I'm trying to sleep in, he knocks on the door, asking if I want ice. I tell him, "I've asked you for extra ice for three days and you wouldn't leave it, now you're waking me up to ask me if I want ice, when the vodka is gone? No, I no longer need ice".

On my prior HAL cruise, when I was practically in steerage, the cabin steward kept me well stocked with ice. I just did not understand this guy's resistance.

He did not get a "9" on my survey.

I would also like to see ice cubes and BIGGER ice buckets!!

Our steward has always replaced our fruit as we consumed it. He always brings more grapes or apple or whatever it is we ate. :)

No matter whether we have been a PS or an SA, many times we have had problems getting the grapes we love.

We end up getting some from the Neptune Lounge.

And a few times we had to go to the Lido to get grapes.

I would also like to see ice cubes and BIGGER ice buckets!!

Yes! Yes! The ice buckets are too small! And, make them better insulated while a change is being made!

Edited by rkacruiser

No matter whether we have been a PS or an SA, many times we have had problems getting the grapes we love.

We end up getting some from the Neptune Lounge.

And a few times we had to go to the Lido to get grapes.

I'm with you, KK ... I love grapes. But I didn't see them on the checklist for the fruit bowl! I always noted that grapes were the first to spoil, so perhaps that's why. I wonder if I wrote in "grapes" if that'd do anything .... I'll find out in two weeks :)

I'm with you, KK ... I love grapes. But I didn't see them on the checklist for the fruit bowl! I always noted that grapes were the first to spoil, so perhaps that's why. I wonder if I wrote in "grapes" if that'd do anything .... I'll find out in two weeks :)

I, too, love grapes with bananas being in second place.

On previous cruises, I never had grapes being included in the fruit basket. On my January Westerdam cruise, lovely, delicious red grapes were there even though I had not requested them. I ate them all!:D

Sorry, I think you misunderstood.

On three different days, I asked my cabin steward to leave extra ice when he serviced the room in the morning. He would just say "oh, when you want it call for it". Well, by the third day, the guy who delivered the ice in the afternoon when I called for it said "oh, you should ask your cabin steward to leave extra ice for you". I said "Well, I've asked him to do that three times and he won't do it."

So, the next morning, as I'm trying to sleep in, he knocks on the door, asking if I want ice. I tell him, "I've asked you for extra ice for three days and you wouldn't leave it, now you're waking me up to ask me if I want ice, when the vodka is gone? No, I no longer need ice".

On my prior HAL cruise, when I was practically in steerage, the cabin steward kept me well stocked with ice. I just did not understand this guy's resistance.

He did not get a "9" on my survey.

Yes, i did misunderstand because the wording was not clear. Thank you for clarifying.

I, too, love grapes with bananas being in second place.

On previous cruises, I never had grapes being included in the fruit basket. On my January Westerdam cruise, lovely, delicious red grapes were there even though I had not requested them. I ate them all!:D

The only time I've seen grapes was in the ph and a neptune suite. Have never gotten them in the cheap seats.

The only time I've seen grapes was in the ph and a neptune suite. Have never gotten them in the cheap seats.

To be honest and above board, I had a SC stateroom when I received the grapes.

Maybe HAL ought to add "grapes" to the perks of booking a Neptune or Penthouse Suite.:D