Help!!! GS Vs JR Suite

I need Help pure and Simple :eek:

My husband and I generally take a cruise for our Anniversary in Oct... With the promo RCI is running right now I can get a JR suite for about $2500 or a Grand Suite for $3200. We have never had a suite before we generally cruise in the aft bc we love the larger balconies, and spend a great deal of time on it. Some of the perks of the GS would be nice like having the expanded menu and access to the C lounge. On the other hand the Jr suite has a much larger balcony (with full loungers) and is $700 dollars less expensive. What should I book?????

Thanks in Advance

Jenn

My husband and I generally take a cruise for our Anniversary in Oct... With the promo RCI is running right now I can get a JR suite for about $2500 or a Grand Suite for $3200. We have never had a suite before we generally cruise in the aft bc we love the larger balconies, and spend a great deal of time on it. Some of the perks of the GS would be nice like having the expanded menu and access to the C lounge. On the other hand the Jr suite has a much larger balcony (with full loungers) and is $700 dollars less expensive. What should I book?????

Thanks in Advance

Jenn

Its your Anniversary, go for the GS, for $100 a day, I would

Edited by Mac303

Thanks in Advance

Jenn

Not sure which ship you're looking at (and perhaps it doesn't matter) but I don't think the JS balconies are larger than a GS (unless there's an odd-shaped JS balcony with extra space). We were in a GS and there were two loungers, two chairs and a table on the balcony and it really wasn't crowded. If you enjoy the balcony and spend a lot of time there, I would spend the additional $700 for the GS and get the suite perks as a bonus.

We just got off Navigator yesterday and we had GS for 1st time, loved the GS perks which you do not get in JS, my favorites were

Reseverved seating area for all the shows, could just get there 1 min before and get great seats

Reserved seating area at the pool

They also had a dinner with suite officers sor all the suite guests ( not sure if this is normaly included , they started this last week on this ship) food included rack of lamb. lobster tails, filet mignon and wine.

Lounge with open bar and snacks several hours each day.

Priority everything.

Our GS did not have lounge chairs , but we asked rooom stuart and they adding them a couple hours later

( we did see JS on cabin crawl and that was nice but not as nice as GS)

Also breakfast at lunch at Chops grill

Not sure which ship you're looking at (and perhaps it doesn't matter) but I don't think the JS balconies are larger than a GS (unless there's an odd-shaped JS balcony with extra space).

I think the OP is talking about an aft JS - those are the only ones that will have a larger balcony.

To the OP: I was debating the same decision, and ended up going for a JS. We don't drink, so the CL access didn't matter to us. But, one thing that the JS has that the GS does not is a walk-in closet. The GS has wall closets beside the bathroom.

Thanks in Advance

Jenn

Made the mistake of taking a Jr. Suite instead of a grandsuite for an upcoming cruise. Now, no grand suites are available and I am on a wait list! Best to take the grand suite as you get many more perks. You have access to a special suite lounge, that provides breakfast and many other private items. You also, if for example going to Labadee, have suite access (first come) to booking a cabana. I would strongly suggest you book the grandsuite if your budget allows for it!

Enjoy your cruise.

Made the mistake of taking a Jr. Suite instead of a grandsuite for an upcoming cruise. Now, no grand suites are available and I am on a wait list! Best to take the grand suite as you get many more perks. You have access to a special suite lounge, that provides breakfast and many other private items. You also, if for example going to Labadee, have suite access (first come) to booking a cabana. I would strongly suggest you book the grandsuite if your budget allows for it!

Enjoy your cruise.

We has no GS listed for month or more before cruise, then 5 days before sailing one came up at a good price and I jumped on it

Try the RS i hear after 5 full meals they will force feed you a box of truffles and the capt will come down and personally burp you.

Not for the food- as both my DH and I always diet and are slim! It is for the other amenities and the size of the cabin for sure- We also typically mostly dine in speciality restaurants as we are fussy about food! Not the quanity- but the quality!

Edited by Cruise a holic

Not for the food- as both my DH and I always diet and are slim! It is for the other amenities and the size of the cabin for sure- We also typically mostly dine in speciality restaurants as we are fussy about food! Not the quanity- but the quality!

i hear you i was only joking. id do it for the perks and size of the room also. however i look at it like this , id rather save the $$ and go more often, i rarely am in my room anyway.

Edited by Harooni

But, one thing that the JS has that the GS does not is a walk-in closet. The GS has wall closets beside the bathroom.

jenn6743,

I agree about the closets. It's too bad they are not walk-in. On the other hand, they are nice and roomy with more than enough space. If you're interested, you can get a look at them at the links below. My wife takes loads of pictures on each cruise, then make them into slide shows for her website.

The links are below. The closets all have mirrors on the doors and are located in the bar area next to the bathrooms. The slideshows start off with our cabin on each ship and are followed by some pictures from around the ship.

Mariner of the Seas Grand Suite and Around The Ship

Radiance of the Seas Grand Suite and Around The Ship

Happy Sailing!

Edited by JimAOk1945

i hear you i was only joking. id do it for the perks and size of the room also. however i look at it like this , id rather save the $$ and go more often, i rarely am in my room anyway.

Fortunately for my DH and I, we are okay and can cruise a few times a year. We are at a different phase in our life- As I had heard somebody once say "we are spending our kids inheritance".

They are professionals and can take care of themselves and their families!! We want to enjoy the rest of our lives, while we still can!!!

jenn6743,

I agree about the closets. It's too bad they are not walk-in. On the other hand, they are nice and roomy with more than enough space. If you're interested, you can get a look at them at the links below. My wife takes loads of pictures on each cruise, then make them into slide shows for her website.

The links are below. The closets all have mirrors on the doors and are located in the bar area next to the bathrooms. The slideshows start off with our cabin on each ship and are followed by some pictures from around the ship.

Mariner of the Seas Grand Suite and Around The Ship

Radiance of the Seas Grand Suite and Around The Ship

Happy Sailing!

Thanks for the slideshows. I just booked my first ever GS, on the Serenade so it was nice to see the pics from the Radiance to know what to expect :)

Thanks for the slideshows. I just booked my first ever GS, on the Serenade so it was nice to see the pics from the Radiance to know what to expect :)

My wife will be happy to know her slide show was a success! I'm glad to hear you booked a GS. You will love it! Your cruise will be even more enjoyable! Happy cruising!

Edited by JimAOk1945

Try the RS i hear after 5 full meals they will force feed you a box of truffles and the capt will come down and personally burp you.

LMBO :D :D :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app