Time between docking and flight home

Hi cruisers

You were such a help with my first cruise (nearly 3 years ago!) I’d like an opinion on my 2nd. We’re going on a P&O comedy cruise Sydney to Sydney, 17 – 21 July on the Pacific Pearl. We’re due back in port at 7am on the 21st so I think I’d be ok to book our flight back to Perth for 1:30. The next flight is 4:30 and we don’t really want to deal with luggage etc. all day. In your opinion is the 1:30 flight a safe bet?

Thanks!

Hi pearlsz,

I think you should be safe at 1.30. Just make sure you're amongst the first to disembark. Have you booked any transportation to the airport? I'm not sure how much P&O charge for a shuttle service, but a taxi from the ship to the airport will set you back around $50.

Hope this is useful for you!

1.30 would be very safe IMO. And if you are getting a taxi, see if you can recruit another couple from the ship to share the taxi (and the cost) with you.

Edited by Fletch1

1.30 would be very safe IMO. And if you are getting a taxi, see if you can recruit another couple from the ship to share the taxi (and the cost) with you.

Depends on how much luggage they have. 4 adults plus suitcases will not fit in a standard sedan , however taxi vans , people movers and station wagons are becoming the norm at the taxi line for cruise ships these days . You may have to pass a few standard cabs by until a maxi turns up.

Sounds fine to me. We had a 12.30 flight back to Melbourne booked and disembarked at about 9-9.30 after a 6am docking. Lots of people had got off before us though, this was just our allocated time. We got to the airport and were able to board the 11am flight instead as it still had seats available for no added cost.

As others have said, 1.30 would be very safe. We usually book a flight after midday and are often sitting at the airport quite a while waiting. Be aware, that Sydney airport is usually very busy with long queues. After you check in there will be another queue for security. Sometimes that takes only 10 minutes but sometimes much longer.