Emerald Princess Pool Deck Seating

littlesteelo

On Independence of the Seas one of my favourite things was sitting on the sofas in the Solarium and watching the sunset. I have seen photos of the Royal Princess pool area where there are lots of areas with comfortable sofas and soft seating, and this would serve the same purpose pretty well. I was wondering if Emerald Princess has something similar?

When I ask, I mean the comfortable seating and sofa areas, not the view of the sunset :) All I can seem to see on pictures of Emerald is just the hard cheap plastic chairs and tables :(

Well you did say sunset....

Other then the Sanctuary ($$$) the only padded fancy regular chairs that I know of are outside Sabatinis/Adagio. Sorry.

We were on the Emerald in January. Here is what we saw.

On the Promenade, Deck 7, there are cushioned chairs. On the Lido Deck 15 around Neptune’s Reef and Calypso Reef pools there are the normal lounge chairs, and near the windows there are tables and chairs. The Sun Deck 16 above the pools has similar seating. Aft on Deck 15 is the Horizon Terrace, with tables and chairs. Above the Horizon Terrace one flight up you will find an outside patio area with patio type furniture, but I don’t remember seeing any sofas. Just indoors from the patio area is the Adagio Lounge, with soft comfortable living room style seating. This area is very quiet and not very many passengers use it. There is a bar there, but when we were on the ship it was not in use. Skywalker’s Lounge is all the way aft and all the way up on deck 18. During the daytime many use it to sit and read or just look out. It isn’t staffed during the day. From 5pm until 7pm each day the lounge is reserved for the platinum, elite & suite cocktails. Popular places passengers gather indoors with the kind of seating you describe are Crooner’s Lounge in the atrium, the area along the windows just outside of Explorer’s Lounge, and the Wheelhouse Bar. These are all on Deck 7. I’m certain you can find your place. We enjoyed our time on the Emerald Princess.

In the pool area they don't have padded chairs because folks getting in and out of pool leaving a wet padded chair for the next person who might want to sunbath or watch the action.On promenade deck they are usually padded but sometimes folks spill drinks on them and they get stained.I think padded is left for the less active areas of the ship.My opinion for what it is worth:)

Edited by kruisey

There are padded sunloungers on either side of the Spa pool. There are only about four or five either side and are quickly "reserved" on sea days. There is no view while sitting there but you are round the pool.