Princess Beverage Package Evaluator

kelly94942

Here is my initial rev of a beverage package evaluator - if you see items that are incorrect/missing, please let me know so I can improve this spreadsheet. All of the soda/water/juice prices are estimates for now, I can't seem to find current actual prices. Hope this is useful!

That was great, Thank you!!!:D

I had to call them to get my receipt. They emailed me a PDF image of the receipt. She said that purchasing the beverage packages beforehand is done the same way as if you purchase a gift for a stateroom (uses the same system), so that's why it doesn't show in your cruise personalizer.

Anyhow, I have it, and it's printed out to show to them when I get on board.

Glad you mentioned this I just called them for my receipt, thank you!

All those in the UK.be aware that if you pre pay for the AI package,you will pay a lot more then the advertised rate as the conversion from pounds to dollars Is poor.We cancelled our pre payment and paid on the ship once we realised.

The AI package is not just about getting drunk.We did use it for cocktails,a couple of beers at lunch for my husband and a glass of fizz for me.

Then wine for dinner,but we could get proper cans of coke and tonic and not horrible fountain stuff.Plus we were able to have carbonated water with our meals and plenty of bottles of water on tours etc.coffees of all shapes and flavours and fruit teas were also appreciated when we wanted them.

Are you saying that if we pre-pay for the all inclusive beverage package, that the amount stated, $56.35, is then converted to British pounds when charged on our credit cards? There would not be a reason to make the conversion since the price quoted by Princess is in U.S. dollars, but if there is a conversion, that additional cost would need to be taken into consideration. Thanks.

Edited by Mackenzie1

I can't see the confusion. The price is fixed in US dollars. It's charged to your credit card. The credit card company converts the dollar sum in to GB Pounds ( if you have a UK credit card) at the exchange rate current on that day.The only thing that changes is the exchange rate.The ship doesn't convert your bill in to UK pounds.

When you give your card details to Princess at the beginning of the cruise you might find that the exchange rate by the end has ( and probably will have) changed. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't !

Edited by DaveinWhales

When we booked ,the ship told us how much it would be in pounds for the week.We paid that amount.When we converted it to dollars at that days rate,we were paying an extra $6 each per day.So, we cancelled and when we arrived on board we paid in cash with dollars.(less) We got the dollars at a good rate from our local post office.

Although it is no big deal, "IECalCruiser," you are not really correct about that.

1. One is charged for the six full days that pass between Embarkation Day (ED) and Disembarkation Day (DD).

2. One is charged for the other quasi-full day that consists of (a) the afternoon and evening of ED and (b) the morning of DD.

That is why one can use the package to get drinks on both ED and DD.

We always have to laugh when we see DD referred to as "Day 8" of a "week-long cruise" ... because, in reality, an allegedly week-long cruise isn't even seven full days in length (much less eight). It is rare for anyone to be able to board earlier than 11:00 (on ED), and yet almost no one ever comes close to remaining on board until 11:00 (on DD).

Our point is that, for the expression, "week" (or "seven days"), to be used truthfully/accurately, the "seventh day" of a cruise, in justice, ought to be 24 hours long (instead of the usual 18 or 20). If the "seventh day" cannot be 24 hours (due to logistics), then it is not accurate to speak of a "week" or "seven days" of cruising (much less "Day 8"). Unfortunately, this is a little deception perpetrated by ALL cruise lines, and it will never change.

Thank You This clarifies a point for me re how many days to purchase the package for. I'm planning a 2 night tester cruise between 2 State Capitals here, and this has provided the answer I was looking for.

Crochetcruise

Edited by crochetcruise

I am going back and forth about whether to purchase the all inclusive beverage package for a cruise on the Caribbean Princess next June. For those who have cruised on the Caribbean Princess, what do you think about the bars? Looking at the photos, the bars seem to be so stayed and very formal. What does everyone think about whether there any any bars on the Caribbean Princess that are fun and relaxing? Thank you for any responses.

Edited by Mackenzie1

I am going back and forth about whether to purchase the all inclusive beverage package for a cruise on the Caribbean Princess next June. For those who have cruised on the Caribbean Princess, what do you think about the bars? Looking at the photos, the bars seem to be so stayed and very formal. What does everyone think about whether there any any bars on the Caribbean Princess that are fun and relaxing? Thank you for any responses.

I've sailed on this ship twice and although the bars look stiff & formal, it's just that the decor is nice and elegant. Everyone, though, is still on vacation and no one will think twice if you go into Vines or Explorers Lounge in casual attire/shorts for a glass of wine or a beer. So I wouldn't feel worried about the bars being too formal. I personally find Vines very relaxing & laid back, but I'm a wino! :) The pool deck bars (Outrigger & Calypso) are definitely more casual & laid back so there are plenty of options. Churchills is a sports/cigar type atmosphere but it is REALLY smoky in there. I loved it but my clothes reeked afterwards.

Edited by luvseaside

I have a question, if I pay for the beverage package ahead of being on board, how will the crew know I have paid? I am sure we will want a drink once on board. This is our first Princess cruise so we are very unsure of how things work. Thank you for your time. Virginia

I have a question, if I pay for the beverage package ahead of being on board, how will the crew know I have paid? I am sure we will want a drink once on board. This is our first Princess cruise so we are very unsure of how things work. Thank you for your time. Virginia

As you go through the dockside check-in process, they will put the appropriate beverage package sticker on your cruise card.

Enjoy!

As you go through the dockside check-in process, they will put the appropriate beverage package sticker on your cruise card.

Enjoy!

The other possibility is that you will have a card in your cabin that you take to a bar and they apply the sticker at that time. That was how we had to get the stickers applied on the Caribbean Princess back in June.

Enjoy!

Is the sticker a badge of honor saying "I am going to drink till I drop"? :D

It's really a interesting offering. Part of me says I should get it so I will try new things and enjoy my regular libations. It is also appealing since it includes bottled water and juices. I can go without milkshakes and really just need one cup of regular coffee a day.

In addition to wine with dinner I was thinking it would be good for beer and Bloody Mary's during the day, pre dinner cocktails (one martini), occasional glasses of champagne and a random fruity punch here and there.

Enjoy!

Is the sticker a badge of honor saying "I am going to drink till I drop"? :D

It's really a interesting offering. Part of me says I should get it so I will try new things and enjoy my regular libations. It is also appealing since it includes bottled water and juices. I can go without milkshakes and really just need one cup of regular coffee a day.

In addition to wine with dinner I was thinking it would be good for beer and Bloody Mary's during the day, pre dinner cocktails (one martini), occasional glasses of champagne and a random fruity punch here and there.

Quick question. And my apologies, if this question has previously been asked and answered.

Does the AI package include drinks / cocktails in the specialty restaurants?

Thanks.

From what I understand, it includes all drinks on board (and on Princess Cays) $10 and under. And bottles of wine 40% off (up to $100). So it applies to specialty venues too.