Princess Beverage Package Evaluator

kelly94942

Yep' date=' I know that. One did not have the gratuity included in the calculated field. Was wondering why.[/quote']

Perhaps consistency for the comparison? I think all the individual drink prices are before gratuity so the total cost per day is also before gratuity. There would be 15% added onboard to both.

Perhaps consistency for the comparison? I think all the individual drink prices are before gratuity so the total cost per day is also before gratuity. There would be 15% added onboard to both.

That's correct. :) The original spreadsheet was not comparing apples to apples - it was overstating the price of the package relative to the price of the drinks. I could have added the 15% into each individual drink price, but I chose to list the drinks with the pricing that appears on the menu. That meant I had to show the package price without the 15% added.

• 3 months later...
Forgive me if this has been addressed already: Is there any benefit to purchasing a beverage package before the cruise starts? Is the price the same?

Follow up questions: How often does the price of the package increase or has it ever increased? Are there any rumors of a possible increase? I'm trying to decide if I might want to "lock in" at a lower price if an increase is forthcoming before my cruise.:confused:

Follow up questions: How often does the price of the package increase or has it ever increased? Are there any rumors of a possible increase? I'm trying to decide if I might want to "lock in" at a lower price if an increase is forthcoming before my cruise.:confused:

It's currently still the same price as when introduced in Dec 2013....whether it will increase in the future is probable, but there's no info on when, or even if, that will happen.... Of your cruise is a year or more away, there's a reasonable chance the price will probably increase a bit as drink prices creep up...it's a gamble either way.

• 1 month later...
Water is free on the Lido (cafeteria) deck--just bring your own container. Juice is free at Breakfast--it is charged at any other time.

Is there any difference between water on Lido and water in your stateroom sink other than it is cold? We fill up the initial water bottle with sink water and put in in the frig, and or use ice. My dh started doing this to fool me, and I did not notice any difference.

PS the ice is also sink water.

marge

;)

Anyone know if you can get a Miami vice frozen cocktail on Princess? I saw in old breads that people had it but it's not listed on any current menus.

Yes, Miami Vice, Mango Tango, Lava Flow, etc all available, whether in menu or not. Or any combo of pina colada and daiquiri you like, as long as bartender has the mix. (berry, mango, etc..)

Edited by reedprincess

Is there any difference between water on Lido and water in your stateroom sink other than it is cold? We fill up the initial water bottle with sink water and put in in the frig, and or use ice. My dh started doing this to fool me, and I did not notice any difference.

PS the ice is also sink water.

marge

;)

Ask any child. There is defiantly a difference between kitchen water and bathroom water.

That's correct. :) The original spreadsheet was not comparing apples to apples - it was overstating the price of the package relative to the price of the drinks. I could have added the 15% into each individual drink price, but I chose to list the drinks with the pricing that appears on the menu. That meant I had to show the package price without the 15% added.

I have not read all pages, but have you considered factoring in discount on bottles of wine? If one purchases bottles, don't necessarily need buying individual glasses and I have read that you get 40% discount.

I am quite sure this package is not for us without running the spreadsheet, but I was thinking about what a typically do is have win every night for dinner and sometimes a small sip while dressing for dinner. So whether I bring it on board or buy in MDR, I but bottles and usually we use 1/2 per dinner. Anyway, it might be useful for some folks if you could (or anyone who knows Excel can modify once downloaded) add in number of bottles of wine per day, average price spent (so you can calculate the 40% off).

Also folks, you can enter fractions of drinks per port or @sea day if you only have a certain beverage say every other day. Yup, if I did the analysis, I'd be into fractions, even with bottles of wine since only do about 1/2 bottle per day.

Hey I just some scratching of numbers and even if I bought a package and bought drinks for both wife and I (cheating on the drinks IOW, it still wouldn't be worth it to us). Too funny, huh? Our coffee card lasts for more than one week cruise.

Edited by steelers36
Add a funny line

Hi I am doing a cruise around Japan later this month. The soda package price at the moment is something like AUD$48 for the 8 night cruise. Is anyone able to tell me if we leave it to sign up on board whether the price will be more and I assume it is in US $ as somewhere in the paperwork it states folio charges will be in US.

Hi I am doing a cruise around Japan later this month. The soda package price at the moment is something like AUD$48 for the 8 night cruise. Is anyone able to tell me if we leave it to sign up on board whether the price will be more and I assume it is in US $ as somewhere in the paperwork it states folio charges will be in US.

The actual price should be the same pre-cruise or purchased onboard.

Not sure where all this fits in with exchange rates etc.

Bought the all inclusive drinks package on my recent Norway cruise. First two days happily drinking away until one of the bar staff recommended I get the drinks package. Told him I already have it. No you don't was the reply. The person I bought the package from had not put it through properly and charged me for all inclusive but put it through as a soda package. Up to reception no problem we will change that for you. Now the sting. For every drink I had near but below the $10 mark they had added gratuity to take it over the $10. Despite four visits to reception they insisted that all my drinks that went through as over $10 (gratuity added to make them over) had to be paid for. I could not get through to them and gave up after four visits of trying to get my bill corrected. Reception staff on Caribbean Princess need to learn the product and stop talking down to customers who actually know what they have bought and paid for.

Just a heads up to check your bill on the first day to make sure the card is doing what it should.

Bought the all inclusive drinks package on my recent Norway cruise. First two days happily drinking away until one of the bar staff recommended I get the drinks package. Told him I already have it. No you don't was the reply. The person I bought the package from had not put it through properly and charged me for all inclusive but put it through as a soda package. Up to reception no problem we will change that for you. Now the sting. For every drink I had near but below the $10 mark they had added gratuity to take it over the $10. Despite four visits to reception they insisted that all my drinks that went through as over $10 (gratuity added to make them over) had to be paid for. I could not get through to them and gave up after four visits of trying to get my bill corrected. Reception staff on Caribbean Princess need to learn the product and stop talking down to customers who actually know what they have bought and paid for.

Just a heads up to check your bill on the first day to make sure the card is doing what it should.

Not to mention stressful time taken out of the cruise to sort it out. :(

I thought that the $10 limit was the price before the gratuity is added. In other words the list price of the drink. Is this not the case?

Not to mention stressful time taken out of the cruise to sort it out. :(

That's why I gave up trying. After four visits I just could not be bothered speaking to people who did not understand their own rules and did not want to be educated. Confidently stupid with a bit of smug is the best summary of the people I dealt with.

That's why I gave up trying. After four visits I just could not be bothered speaking to people who did not understand their own rules and did not want to be educated. Confidently stupid with a bit of smug is the best summary of the people I dealt with.

I honestly think they are trained to frustrate.

99% of the time the passenger will give up. :(

I wouldn't let it slide. I hope you took names. I would follow up with Princess, citing names. I refuse to pay for anything twice. If you don't follow up with Princess this will continue to happen to others. PLEASE follow up and make sure the idiot onboard is named. They need to be thoroughly reamed by management.

Stupid is bad. Smug and stupid is intolerable.