Princess Beverage Package Evaluator

kelly94942

I mentioned milkshakes to my husband (the fact that they are included with the card, but I didn't think the kids really took advantage of it). He said he thought that they were included FREE on our last cruise on the Star Princess.

They didn't have many options, boring vanilla, chocolate....

In the end, I'm not worried about it, still going to let the kids get what they want with the Ultimate drink package, but figured I would share the milkshake comment.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, what a great tool! I'm not exactly sure how much I will consume but am an avid coffee drinker and love my wine and champagne. I'll ponder this more for sure. Thanks for putting this together.

Yes, a very informative thread! Thank you for the calculation thing. I need it! We're headng out to the Caribbean on the Royal Princess March 2016. We're virgin voyagers and like a drink! We're only going to be 3 days at sea, in the 10 day cruise, but I still think the all inclusive booze etc pack could be worth it.

My ONLY question is....... Sigh..... I would like to be able to drink a couple of gasses of wine (and hub to have a Scotch) on our balcony before dinner, or any time, really, without having to walk a mile to get a drink. Just the one! And bring it to our room.

Can anyone enlighten me on this.

Wow, what a great tool! I'm not exactly sure how much I will consume but am an avid coffee drinker and love my wine and champagne. I'll ponder this more for sure. Thanks for putting this together.

Oops

I dont understand how to post. Hee

Yes, a very informative thread! Thank you for the calculation thing. I need it! We're headng out to the Caribbean on the Royal Princess March 2016. We're virgin voyagers and like a drink! We're only going to be 3 days at sea, in the 10 day cruise, but I still think the all inclusive booze etc pack could be worth it.

My ONLY question is....... Sigh..... I would like to be able to drink a couple of gasses of wine (and hub to have a Scotch) on our balcony before dinner, or any time, really, without having to walk a mile to get a drink. Just the one! And bring it to our room.

You can order a bottle or two from Gifts and Services so that you will have something in your room. That is what we intend to do, even though we are buying the AIBP.

We got them ahead and put them in our fridge. Just have them pour your scotch with no ice. Our bartenders took such good care of us... They would also give me a port to take up ahead for my bedtime treat! Xoxo have fun!

I've hear different things, can anyone confirm whether gelato and specialty coffees/teas included in the $49/day plan? It's definitely worth it for me either way, but trying to figure out if my wife should go for it, too, or just the Soda and More.

According to the Princess web site and what I have been told on ships, the package contains ALL beverages, be it coffee, specialty coffee, sodas, virgin drinks, wine, beer, alcoholic drinks (up to $10) and bottle water. I am not sure IF it contains the gelato.

According to the Princess web site and what I have been told on ships, the package contains ALL beverages, be it coffee, specialty coffee, sodas, virgin drinks, wine, beer, alcoholic drinks (up to $10) and bottle water. I am not sure IF it contains the gelato.

It includes gelato on the ships with separate gelato shop, ie Royal class. Mixed reports on whether it covers the small scoop gelato at the few ICs that have gelato. Some have had it covered, some not.

Otherwise, AIBP covers bottled water -both still and sparkling, sodas, non-alcoholic beverages, specialty coffees, specialty teas, milkshakes on ships with milkshakes, all alcoholic beverages $10 and under including beers, wine by the glass, shots, mixed drinks, cocktails....

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my initial rev of a beverage package evaluator - if you see items that are incorrect/missing, please let me know so I can improve this spreadsheet. All of the soda/water/juice prices are estimates for now, I can't seem to find current actual prices. Hope this is useful!

Thank you so much! DH and I are scheduled for our first cruise 6/19 to Alaska on the Ruby. He does not drink but I enjoy a glass of wine,many even a martini at times. I was wondering if a beverage page would be too costly. Your info helps, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, and many thanks for this information and all your hard work.

Can anyone tell me if the price of buying the package on board is the same as pre-paying for it in advance?

Must you pay for the whole cruise or can you jump in at any time during the cruise and only pay pro-rata for days still remaining?

We had the package for a 14 day cruise last March but we have 21 days this March and, well, it adds up. Never worked out if we won or lost but I loved every minute of trying everything and not sure we would have, if we collected all those slips and watched the on-board account grow day by day!

My heart wants to buy the package my head says "You must be joking".

Hi' date=' and many thanks for this information and all your hard work.

Can anyone tell me if the price of buying the package on board is the same as pre-paying for it in advance?

Must you pay for the whole cruise or can you jump in at any time during the cruise and only pay pro-rata for days still remaining?

We had the package for a 14 day cruise last March but we have 21 days this March and, well, it adds up. Never worked out if we won or lost but I loved every minute of trying everything and not sure we would have, if we collected all those slips and watched the on-board account grow day by day!

My heart wants to buy the package my head says "You must be joking".[/quote']

Just off a 15 day Canal transit on the Island Princess and we pre-paid for one package and was going to just use OBC for my wife's drinks. Since most of the specialty drinks are a little over $10 after gratuity is added in we wound up getting her the package on the first night of the cruise. The prices for the package are same if bought in advance or onboard but it must be purchased by the second day of the cruise. It is a lot to pay but in the long run it probably does save money since it includes basically everything.

Just off a 15 day Canal transit on the Island Princess and we pre-paid for one package and was going to just use OBC for my wife's drinks. Since most of the specialty drinks are a little over $10 after gratuity is added in we wound up getting her the package on the first night of the cruise. The prices for the package are same if bought in advance or onboard but it must be purchased by the second day of the cruise. It is a lot to pay but in the long run it probably does save money since it includes basically everything.
Your post might confuse some people. The $10 limit is on the cost of the drink before gratuity is added. An $8.95 specialty drink that is about $10.30 with gratuity added can be purchased with the package.

Your post might confuse some people. The $10 limit is on the cost of the drink before gratuity is added. An $8.95 specialty drink that is about $10.30 with gratuity added can be purchased with the package.

Thanks for clarifying. That's what I was trying to say. Basically 5 specialty drinks will cover the package for the day.