Princess Beverage Package Evaluator

kelly94942

I called Princess and they said you just pay the difference.
Unfortunately, I wouldn't rely on what you were told on the phone by Princess [emoji32] There have been at least several posts stating that you pay the full price for drinks over $10.00. Hopefully someone with actual experience will post.

hi,ive read somewhere that you now have to pay fullprice on any drink over 10 dollars instead of just the difference.if this is true it makes this package a waste of space.also does the 10 dollars include gratuity,cheers,brian.

Recent posts say you have to pay for the entire drink and not the difference.

The gratuity is paid when you purchase the package.

On the last day, you can still get fresh squeezed orange juice or a specialty coffee with your card. Remember, on a 7-night cruise you are paying for seven days but the card is valid on parts of eight different calendar days.

If you can get coffee and juice on disembarkation day, you'd think alcohol would be OK too. You're paying for a week (7 days) but you don't get on the ship until noon on the first day, so the package should be usable up until noon or when you leave the ship on the last day...my .02 FWIW

Recent posts say you have to pay for the entire drink and not the difference.

The gratuity is paid when you purchase the package.

hi,so is this a change in the rules or are these poor guys just victims of illinformed waiters who didnt know the rules,cheers,brian.

hi,so is this a change in the rules or are these poor guys just victims of illinformed waiters who didnt know the rules,cheers,brian.
Based upon posts since the beginning of the AIBP, it appears that the rules have always been that drinks costing more than $10 are not included in the package and must be purchased at full price. If someone who has purchased the AIBP has had a different experience it would be nice if they posted here.

Based upon posts since the beginning of the AIBP, it appears that the rules have always been that drinks costing more than $10 are not included in the package and must be purchased at full price. If someone who has purchased the AIBP has had a different experience it would be nice if they posted here.

And it would be even nicer if Princess would actually state IN WRITING the complete rules for the all-inclusive beverage package in their materials so we AND THE STAFF would all have the same information! It appears that there are some things left open to interpretation. The text found on their cruise gifts web page does not even cover a tiny portion of the questions and confusion raised on this topic.

Without having to go through 23 pages of entries, can anyone tell me the last time the spreadsheet was updated

The link below was posted Feb 15th and the drinks I've looked at are more expensive than the 2nd version of the spreadsheet I downloaded.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2171761

Thanks for any help.

Jill

Without having to go through 23 pages of entries, can anyone tell me the last time the spreadsheet was updated

The link below was posted Feb 15th and the drinks I've looked at are more expensive than the 2nd version of the spreadsheet I downloaded.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2171761

Thanks for any help.

Jill

Post 205 has updated prices although there are some that have not been updated. For instance, all of the "Flavors of" drinks would be $8.95.

And it would be even nicer if Princess would actually state IN WRITING the complete rules for the all-inclusive beverage package in their materials so we AND THE STAFF would all have the same information! It appears that there are some things left open to interpretation. The text found on their cruise gifts web page does not even cover a tiny portion of the questions and confusion raised on this topic.

I had success emailing Princess before my recent cruise with a specific question about the AIBP. Then I had a printed email I could carry with me if there was any question on the cruise (although I didn't need it, my experience onboard matched the email).

Post 205 has updated prices although there are some that have not been updated. For instance, all of the "Flavors of" drinks would be $8.95.

I would be happy to do a new update of the spreadsheet! Obviously it's been a while since my last update. :p Do you know of any other changes other than the "Flavors of" drinks?

I called Princess and they said you just pay the difference.

HI Susan:

Princess just called be back, I sent them an email in the hopes that they would respond in writing, but they just called. and said that if the drink is over $10, that I would have tp pay the full amount of the drink! They stressed that over 95% of the drinks are $10 and under.

Anyway, if some one gets this in writing, email, please post it.

Have a great cruise:

Norine & Gary

The policy has always been that if the drink is over $10, you pay full price, not the difference. It's been like that since the Unlimited package started.

Everything under $10 is included in the Unlimited package, so that includes milkshakes. I believe shakes are also in the Soda and More package, except on ships that don't make them (Ocean, Pacific, Royal and Regal).

The prices you've listed I don't think include the 15% gratuity which is added extra at the till. But, the Drink Package price you've listed is the price inclusive of the 15% gratuity. So unless I'm mistaken the price comparison isn't correct.

I left Diamond two days ago and had the drinks package. All my gratuities were included. However we had already prepaid our gratuities so unsure whether I would have had to pay extra for bar gratuities.

I left Diamond two days ago and had the drinks package. All my gratuities were included. However we had already prepaid our gratuities so unsure whether I would have had to pay extra for bar gratuities.

Prepaid gratuities are different to bar/drink gratuities.. if you buy the drinks package that includes the drink gratuities so nothing extra to pay. If you buy your drinks pay as you go, then you'll pay a gratuity every time. It's not possible to remove these ones.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Prepaid gratuities are different to bar/drink gratuities.. if you buy the drinks package that includes the drink gratuities so nothing extra to pay. If you buy your drinks pay as you go, then you'll pay a gratuity every time. It's not possible to remove these ones.

You are correct that the original version of the evaluator had the gratuity in the package price but not in the individual drink price. Look at the version on Post #205 for an update that does a correct comparison and also has updated drink prices.

I plan to post another revised version shortly, as well.

• 1 month later...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

We prepay as much as we can when we cruise. It gives us the false view that we spend less on the cruise itself. So gratuities are prepaid, drinks, and IF we ever do a shore excursion, that gets pre paid too.

We get the all you can drink package just because we pre pay and I don't want to think about what I'm ordered. It also makes the price on my on board charges look better. :D

I've found decent wines available but the better wines are from Vines. So often I would get a glass there before dinner. The wines available at dinner were blah... but I still drank them :D Never made use of the discounted bottles because I could always find a bar for a drink if I wanted one.

Also, I always tipped a dollar cash even through we go the AI package. It wasn't much, but it was better than nothing. Stuck to the same bars/bar tenders for the duration of the cruise, as well so, service was outstanding and they always knew what I wanted. If it was crowded, I'd get my drink delivered (they knew what I wanted and knew my card number).

I get the kids the ultimate drink package and to me, THAT is a waste. They don't drink nearly enough soda/shakes/mocktails to make it worth it, but they enjoy the freedom of it and it's a small price to pay. We certainly make up for it with our adult drinks.

Bar staff is not included in the prepaid gratuities. A 15% gratuity is added to every drink purchased.

If you have a prepaid or promotional beverage package, it includes prepaid gratuities that go to the bar staff.

Yes, the prepaid bar package includes the gratuities. The cost is $49 per day, plus 15% gratuity of $7.35 for a total of $56.35 per day per person. Just so happy it was a "perk" when I booked the 17-day Panama Canal cruise and the 28 day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise.....wooo hoooo!!

Bar staff is not included in the prepaid gratuities. A 15% gratuity is added to every drink purchased.
If you have a prepaid or promotional beverage package, it includes prepaid gratuities that go to the bar staff.
I was commenting that the daily gratuity only includes hotel and restaurant staff, not bar staff.