Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

We are also on the June 12th sailing on the Harmony. I have completed all of our online check in forms. I do not see a check in time on my set sail pass. We are in a suite. Could that be why or am I missing something?

Suites can check in whenever they want.

My set sail doesn't have any time range to check in. Do you know what is the earliest time?

Usually around 11am for US ports, but I suspect you are on a European cruise. We were still able to check in at 11am in Barcelona. Don't know about other European ports.

Edited by clarea

What Ocav just posted is true for every other Royal Caribbean ships except the Quantum class ships, and the New Harmony. They use the new electronic streamlined check in process. When online check in opens, usually 90 days prior, but check often, because for whatever reason our Harmony sailing on November 12, 2016, had online check in open about a month ago for about 3 days and then it closed again.

When you go to your reservation online, click on the link for online check in. If it is open you can click on edit on your name and begin filling in your personal information, your passport info and also submit a photo of your self. This is part of the new streamlined check in for their brand new ships. As you get to the bottom click save and it takes you to the next page. On about page 3 or 4 that is where you will see pick your boarding time. You can pick from a drop down list of time slots such as 11:00 to 11:30 etc. you can also pick that time for the person traveling with you in your stateroom. If you are traveling with others, you have the option of selecting their boarding time from your on line check in page. You can do this where it says select boarding time for others. You will need their last name and booking number.

Then when you complete the other sections and they are all complete, you can then print your "Set Sail Pass". On this will be your name, your picture and other info, including your selected boarding time.

Then when you arrive at the pier, you go in and find one of many people with

I Pads. They scan your Set Sail Pass and then they send you to security. After security you are then sent to an area corresponding to your boarding time. When they begin boarding they go by the time that you selected. The earlier you do your on line check in the better selection of times you will have. If you want 11 am, which I believe is the earliest, except for suites because they go first, do your on line check in as soon as it opens. Do check often. I hope this helps you. Any question just ask. If I can answer it for you I will.

dedosr, since it's after midnight we will be 90 days out from our Harmony cruise, I just finished my online checkin (except for the photos which I will do tomorrow), I looked carefully and there wasn't a place to select a boarding time. Maybe they are not doing that?

Noticed on the Royal Caribbean web site the following about the WOW bands on the Harmony pages : "Access your stateroom and make onboard purchases with ease thanks to these lightweight wristbands featuring amazing wearable technology. Available for only $2, they’ll make your holiday even more carefree than ever before. "

Previously these were reported as being $5 - perhaps this price was putting too many people off using them, so the price has now dropped.

Noticed on the Royal Caribbean web site the following about the WOW bands on the Harmony pages : "Access your stateroom and make onboard purchases with ease thanks to these lightweight wristbands featuring amazing wearable technology. Available for only $2, they’ll make your holiday even more carefree than ever before. "

Previously these were reported as being $5 - perhaps this price was putting too many people off using them, so the price has now dropped.

I used bands like this on a recent Disney Cruise and they were awesome!!! I look forward to using them again..So much easier than pulling that card out all the time or wearing it around my neck :)

Thirty-something new photos of the ship. Too many to post here. Check out the Pinterest board if you're interested.

https://www.pinterest.com/lloydmarchand/harmony-of-the-seas-oasis-3-construction-at-stx-fr/

Windjammer Marketplace

9f8a85cb5e17dbee3e59ccf1112fcbee.jpg

663ed6d1e862e58ac3866c32388b7e53.jpg

Nice view of lower portion of the Ultimate Abyss slide support posts.

6bb2b42803d4c6f0efb0ab05259f28c6.jpg

I really enjoyed looking at the ship through your photos...soooooo excited :D

dedosr, since it's after midnight we will be 90 days out from our Harmony cruise, I just finished my online checkin (except for the photos which I will do tomorrow), I looked carefully and there wasn't a place to select a boarding time. Maybe they are not doing that?

Well, maybe it is changed. Our cruise is in November 2016. When we booked, in June of 2015 and after I got our reservation number I went to online check in and entered our information. At that time, there was no section for your picture, and or a section to pick your boarding time. When we renewed our passports in January 2016, I tried to go in to online check in to update the Passport information but is was not open.

I continued to check daily, and sometime in late February it opened. The "Upload your photo" section was now there and as I progressed thru the online check in, there was a section there to pick your boarding time. I did for us, and was able to pick the boarding time for the other 6 that are cruising with us. After about 3 or 4 days, online check in closed again and said it will be available 90 days prior to your sailing.

So if they eliminated the "pick your boarding time" section after I completed our online check in, I can't speak to that. When it reopens for our cruise, I guess I will find out then, but it was there when I did it. So we will see if RC has eliminated it or kept it for Harmony?:confused::confused:

Edited by dedosr

Thanks Lloyd - great pics as always.

This truly confirms that the clear view I had planned for the Boardwalk Balconies will be blocked by the support structure and "Abysmal Abominnation" slides.

Oh well - We're still looking forward to enjoying this new ship!!

15mz40k.jpg

2n0o6iv.jpg

Edited by racerxspeedy
typo

Well, maybe it is changed. Our cruise is in November 2016. When we booked, in June of 2015 and after I got our reservation number I went to online check in and entered our information. At that time, there was no section for your picture, and or a section to pick your boarding time. When we renewed our passports in January 2016, I tried to go in to online check in to update the Passport information but is was not open.

I continued to check daily, and sometime in late February it opened. The "Upload your photo" section was now there and as I progressed thru the online check in, there was a section there to pick your boarding time. I did for us, and was able to pick the boarding time for the other 6 that are cruising with us. After about 3 or 4 days, online check in closed again and said it will be available 90 days prior to your sailing.

So if they eliminated the "pick your boarding time" section after I completed our online check in, I can't speak to that. When it reopens for our cruise, I guess I will find out then, but it was there when I did it. So we will see if RC has eliminated it or kept it for Harmony?:confused::confused:

I just did the online check in for our cruise on the 26th May this year and I was able to choose our check in time.

I just did the online check in for our cruise on the 26th May this year and I was able to choose our check in time.

Ok then I guess there is no rhyme or reason to it, because a previous poster said the boarding time selection was not there for there online checkin. It was for yours, and was for ours.:confused:

What time were you able to choose?

Edited by dedosr

I checked in today and cannot select the check-in time, I called support and was told you can't. I called twice, the first one told me I had to pay my final payment first which I did and still cannot. I called again and she spoke to her support and they said you can only do this for the Anthem, they are so screwed up there that you can get a different answer from each one you speak to. :eek: can you say frustration! Will call again when I get home.

I checked in today and cannot select the check-in time, I called support and was told you can't. I called twice, the first one told me I had to pay my final payment first which I did and still cannot. I called again and she spoke to her support and they said you can only do this for the Anthem, they are so screwed up there that you can get a different answer from each one you speak to. :eek: can you say frustration! Will call again when I get home.

I did it before final payment for the Harmony. Even, I have not paid final yet, and I still can select or change the appointment hour. What's your sailing date?

Where during the check-in does it allow you to select boarding time? I do not see that selection anywhere. I am on June 12th sailing, and I have done everything but print my SetSail Pass.

Morphing stainless steel Sculpture by Czech Republic artist David Cerny on Royal Promenade.

There is a similar one in Charlotte, NC

ce79e3efe06a1f085cbf7b754ac802c5.jpg

I'm not a fan of this artist and don't care for this sculpture, but, when you consider some of Cerny's others works, I guess it could be worse.

While I wonder if this morphing sculpture will have any adverse affect on drunks or those prone to motion sickness ;), I have to give Royal credit for the innovation of some of the art they put on their cruise ships. It's always interesting to explore the ship and discover the pieces onboard.

Thanks for sharing.

~ Judy

Like I said, "No Rhyme or Reason". I have not made my final payment, and was able to select my boarding time for November.

Where during the check-in does it allow you to select boarding time? I do not see that selection anywhere. I am on June 12th sailing, and I have done everything but print my SetSail Pass.

Its after your name, after passport info, after emergency contacts, I believe. Its like on the 3rd or 4th page. Sorry I can't be more specific because I am locked out of both online check ins on both our upcoming cruises.

Its after your name, after passport info, after emergency contacts, I believe. Its like on the 3rd or 4th page. Sorry I can't be more specific because I am locked out of both online check ins on both our upcoming cruises.

Thanks for the info. I just went through my screens again, and did not have a choice of boarding time.

I wonder if it is because we have minors traveling with us.....