Just returned from Granduer 5-2-14 Bahamas.. Any Questions??

I have a question about the royal replenish package on the granduer. Some people have said they were able to get the speciality coffees in the cafe lattitude and some said they could not. If we cannot get it from the cafe lattitude, where else aside from the dining venues can we get the coffees?

Thanks for the help.

I have a question about the royal replenish package on the granduer. Some people have said they were able to get the speciality coffees in the cafe lattitude and some said they could not. If we cannot get it from the cafe lattitude, where else aside from the dining venues can we get the coffees?

Thanks for the help.

You can get specialty coffee at Cafe Latte-tudes, the main dining room, and Chops.

Thanks for the help.

My husband had that package and got his coffees from Cafe Lattetudes each day. And it IS Starbucks brand, but it is covered under the RR plan because I guess that's the only brand on board.

Thanks for the help.

Yup I had the R.R package, I think I must have gotten Chai Latte's and Frappaccinos from Lattetudes at leas 3 times a day every day lol. You can also get specialty coffees in the MDR as someone mentioned.

Another fun point, if you like sushi, Izumi did a sushi making class! $20 a person and you make 2 rolls and 2 sashimi. Then they seat you, and you eat it along with miso soup and edemame. It was fun, and worth it.

10277489_853895391291419_8801046773701969491_n.jpg

10277899_853895481291410_5824938732855124411_n.jpg

For any of you that Was on this sailing, and went to quest you may have seen me. My team won finally!! Team 4 :D

Thanks for all your info! We're sailing on the grandeur in October! This sushi class sounds great. What kind of roll did you make? Were you given any options to pick from? This sounds like something me and my husband would enjoy.

Thanks for all your info! We're sailing on the grandeur in October! This sushi class sounds great. What kind of roll did you make? Were you given any options to pick from? This sounds like something me and my husband would enjoy.

We made the spicy crispy shrimp tempura roll, and the California roll with crab. We also made 2 shrimp sashimi. It was all set up when we arrived, everyone made the same thing so you didn't get to pick what roll you wanted. It was great though, if you like sushi, you should check it out.

We made the spicy crispy shrimp tempura roll, and the California roll with crab. We also made 2 shrimp sashimi. It was all set up when we arrived, everyone made the same thing so you didn't get to pick what roll you wanted. It was great though, if you like sushi, you should check it out.

Sounds delicious and fun! Do you recall what day it was offered? Thanks!

Sounds delicious and fun! Do you recall what day it was offered? Thanks!

We had to sign up, they were offering to sign people up after the food demo which was on day 2. We signed up for day 6. They were havng it on a sea day and day 6 was the next sea day. They gave you different times like 1130a, 1pm, 330p etc. We picked 11:30a so it would be around lunch time .

• 4 weeks later...
On what nights were the formal nights? How was dinner in the MDR on these nights if you went . Also do you think I should take the sushi making class? I am a fan of sushi myself.

How kind of you to ask this however go away! :D

Ok j/k sister lol. The first formal night was the Sat, Day 2. The other was i want to say Day 5, however i'm not too sure. I know that night we were at sea. Sushi making class was great, and after you got to eat what you created, and also got Miso soup and edemame. Def. worth the $20. They didn't advertise it on the compass, however we found about it from attending the cooking demo in the centrum... That is something you should go to to try out free samples from the specialty restaurants. I would recommend that you get there EARLY, and i'm not talking 20 min early either! Get your seat like an hour before! The *cough cough* older crowd like to get a seat and stay there all day!

Onto Dinner on formal nights in the MDR. As mentioned before, I found food on the ship lacking in the MDR as well as WJ. Especially having been on Allure just before this one.. That being said it's not a make or break for the vacation. I will say that on the second formal night, my sister ordered the Fisherman's platter which is lobster and shrimp... She received it sans shrimp! Everyone that ordered it on the next table also had no shrimp, and instead had rice lo. I don't know if they ran out.. or the chef didn't get the memo that this platter had shrimp! On the other formal night can't really remember what they had it was rather unforgettable. Also i would AVOID the escargot on this ship! Let's just say if you forgot your chapstick you can order the snails and that's an end to your dry lips!:(

Hi Steph!

Thank you for the wonderful review and pictures of the Cruise Compasses. My daughter and I are doing a B2B beginning next Friday and can't wait!

One question - Was Darryl the Activities Director/Manager? I saw something about Andre, but thought Darryl was on the ship. We love Darryl :)

Is it better to wait until you board to book the specialty restaurants to get the best deal? I know that usually Day 1 has a discount, but just wanted to see if you could buy a package once onboard. We also have OBC that I'd like to use for that :)

Thanks again!

Debbie

Edited by dwdwnurse

Hi Steph!

Thank you for the wonderful review and pictures of the Cruise Compasses. My daughter and I are doing a B2B beginning next Friday and can't wait!

One question - Was Darryl the Activities Director/Manager? I saw something about Andre, but thought Darryl was on the ship. We love Darryl :)

Is it better to wait until you board to book the specialty restaurants to get the best deal? I know that usually Day 1 has a discount, but just wanted to see if you could buy a package once onboard. We also have OBC that I'd like to use for that :)

Thanks again!

Debbie

Enjoy your next B2B! We'll be on her again as well in July. (And Carolinan just boarded her today). Also interested to see what staff may be there again.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Hi Steph!

Thanks again!

Debbie

No Darryl wasn't there, it was Andre. I was looking forward to Darryl as well because I heard great things about him, however Andre was hilarious and He did an awesome job . I usually book the specialty restaurants on board just to use any on board credit I may have. You pretty much get the same deal and package offerings.

Enjoy your next B2B! We'll be on her again as well in July. (And Carolinan just boarded her today). Also interested to see what staff may be there again.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks so much - we love the Lady G :) Hope you'll have a wonderful cruise!

No Darryl wasn't there, it was Andre. I was looking forward to Darryl as well because I heard great things about him, however Andre was hilarious and He did an awesome job . I usually book the specialty restaurants on board just to use any on board credit I may have. You pretty much get the same deal and package offerings.

Thanks Steph - Darryl really is the best :) I hope he hasn't changed ships!

Thanks for the dining info - Chops and Giovanni's Table. Don't faint, but I've never tried sushi, maybe this should be my first time!

Thanks again!

Thanks for the dining info - Chops and Giovanni's Table. Don't faint, but I've never tried sushi, maybe this should be my first time!

Thanks again!

Darryl got back on lady g on May 23 - the same date of our cruise. Assuming his schedule doesn't change his last cruise before vacation will be September 18 - our next cruise on this ship.

Edited by pjlee3333

Thanks again!

He, he, he - my wife insisted on Izumi for our 10 year anniversary dinner on Grandeur. I am not fan of sushi, so I had the hot rock - it was amazing! So, if you get cold feet on the sushi, try that :)