Hotel Boston Sightseeing no cruise

pris993

Making plans to visit Boston for 3 days, really will have 2 full days in Boston. Have been looking at hotels, ie., the Embassy Suites at the Airport, the Marriott LongWharf... thought I'd ask folks who know Boston well where they would stay to see local sites. Realize hotel rates are around $300 a night, would simply like a good location. My DH likes a view as well. Any suggestions.

If you don't mind paying the price, the Marriott Long Wharf is a fabulous location. Last time I stayed in Downtown Boston, we were at the Marriott Copley Plaza and really enjoyed both the location and the view from our 31st floor room.

What are your dates? Some may be able to suggest some deals which would bring down the price a bit.

Another good area is Copley Square. Not on the Freedom Trail but full of local history and shops and such.

And you can easily catch the T to Harvard Square. Back bay another great area. We always used the Convention Center station

Making plans to visit Boston for 3 days, really will have 2 full days in Boston. Have been looking at hotels, ie., the Embassy Suites at the Airport, the Marriott LongWharf... thought I'd ask folks who know Boston well where they would stay to see local sites. Realize hotel rates are around $300 a night, would simply like a good location. My DH likes a view as well. Any suggestions.

I would consider the Taj Hotel in Boston. This is luxury hotel just opposite the Public Gardens on the corner of Newbury Street. A perfect location for shopping right in the hear of the most residential part of the city.

I was considering a summer trip to Boston and the Taj has some pretty reasonable rates around $325. This would be my choice. I went to school in Boston and this really a lovely area to stay for a couple of days, centrally located near restaurants, the T and lots of interesting spots.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking