Why does the RCCL site list Freedom as 'NEW'?

Just wondering... when I go to the RCCL site and search for cruises, the ones on Freedom come up with "Freedom of the Seas NEW" as the name of the ship. I haven't been on her since 2010, has she undergone some major changes in a dry dock or something? Can someone fill me in or point me to where to look? I'm thinking of sailing her in 2015 and curious what would be different.

It's Freedom vs Oasis, I've never been on Oasis... but I love Freedom!

thank you!

Just wondering... when I go to the RCCL site and search for cruises, the ones on Freedom come up with "Freedom of the Seas NEW" as the name of the ship. I haven't been on her since 2010, has she undergone some major changes in a dry dock or something? Can someone fill me in or point me to where to look? I'm thinking of sailing her in 2015 and curious what would be different.

It's Freedom vs Oasis, I've never been on Oasis... but I love Freedom!

thank you!

I believe the "new" refers to her revitalization dry dock in 2011 which updated her and added several new venues. In that respect she is new in comparison to when she was originally launched as the revitalization program with RCI is fairly extensive.

Edited to add: In Freedom's case a new 3-D theater was added along with a pool deck big screen, Royal Babiess & Tots program, Diamond Club, Cupcake Cupboard, some technical upgrades, enhanced Vintages wine bar and Britto gallery.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Changes to Freedom at last dry dock:

DreamWorks Experience

3D movie theater

Outdoor movie screen

Updated Vintages wine bar

Cupcake Cupboard

Digital Signage

Pervasive Wi-Fi

Interactive TVs

Nursery

ImaginOcean! puppet shows

I think the website shows "NEW" for all or nearly of the ships. It seems like a bit of overkill, but at least for some of the ships the upgrades were quite substantial.

Roy