Onboard Eclipse Now. Big cutback in Classic Package Inclusions!

kevinyork

Hi all,

We have an updated list as of this morning. Please disregard any lists that you see floating around on here, including Celebrity UK and Ireland websites, as well as any other lists that may exist. They will be corrected today.

Please find below our most up to date list of the Classic Beverage Package. This version includes the additions of Corona, Corona Light, Jack Daniel's, and Jack Daniel's Honey.

Glad to see Corona on it ... thanks for getting this out!

Hi all,

We have an updated list as of this morning. Please disregard any lists that you see floating around on here, including Celebrity UK and Ireland websites, as well as any other lists that may exist. They will be corrected today.

Please find below our most up to date list of the Classic Beverage Package. This version includes the additions of Corona, Corona Light, Jack Daniel's, and Jack Daniel's Honey.

Thank you - that is EXACTLY the info I was looking for. I see the few items we might drink are included in the classic package.

I hope you can also post a current wine by the class list so we can see what is currently included per the price points.

Thank you

M

Thank you - that is EXACTLY the info I was looking for. I see the few items we might drink are included in the classic package.

I hope you can also post a current wine by the class list so we can see what is currently included per the price points.

Thank you

M

This link has the wine by thew glass on it http://www.celebritycruises.ie/images/Classic%20Package%20Inclusions%20-%20Seasonal%20Pricing%202014_tcm22-58906.pdf

Hope the link works for you

Edited by Broch

This link has the wine by thew glass on it http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/im...cm20-58906.pdf

Didn't work for me but the current MDR list is here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2042016

Keep in mind that wine is not "manufactured" per se, hence quantities available and pricing are highly variable making it impossible for Celebrity or any other line to guarantee availability of any particular wine.

Thanks Ally. The linked worked but....... I thought that post from Celebrity Cruises (#297) said to disregard previous lists. I believe your link may be an earlier version. Their link did not include specific wines.

M

Yes, but if you compare it to the list most recently posted on here by Celebrity, you'll notice some discrepancies - e.g. the inclusion of JD on the latest list and it's exclusion on yours.

OMG you are absolutly correct. I give up. I have to admit to being selfish and only looking to see if the drinks my wife and I drink were back on the list. Well well. What now do we carry both lists one for me and one for the wife and we only order what is on each others list. LoL Well it is a good ice breaker for a conversation and suspense. Will let you know when we get back from the Reflection on 2nd june.

OMG you are absolutly correct. I give up. I have to admit to being selfish and only looking to see if the drinks my wife and I drink were back on the list. Well well. What now do we carry both lists one for me and one for the wife and we only order what is on each others list. LoL Well it is a good ice breaker for a conversation and suspense. Will let you know when we get back from the Reflection on 2nd june.

In the end, I'd be surprised if they did provide a list of specific wines. It's very very difficult to predict let alone guarantee the price, quality and availability of any given wine. On board price lists will always be the best indicator.

Because if many of the glasses of wine are now priced out of the premium package, the dollar per glad limit in the premium package should have been raised, just as in the classic package.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Because if many of the glasses of wine are now priced out of the premium package, the dollar per glad limit in the premium package should have been raised, just as in the classic package.

Well, if you have a look at this current MDR list, I think you'll see that though a couple if wines will now cost you an extra buck if you insist on choosing them, there are still a fair number of selections fully within the $13 limit.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2042016

In the end, I'd be surprised if they did provide a list of specific wines. It's very very difficult to predict let alone guarantee the price, quality and availability of any given wine. On board price lists will always be the best indicator.

I would love to see a CURRENT wine list, including prices, for both glasses of wine and bottles. I did a search and still could not find a CURRENT list. Something tells me that wines priced by the glass will be on the rise.

M

[/color]

I would love to see a CURRENT wine list, including prices, for both glasses of wine and bottles. I did a search and still could not find a CURRENT list. Something tells me that wines priced by the glass will be on the rise.

M

:confused: I've posted the link to it twice in the last hour or so. Look at the post immediately above yours please.

OK that does help ease my mind about the premium package and how it relates to updated wine glass prices. Thank you.

I think you have a valid question about wine prices, but I think it's quite different than the questions raisde about the classic package. The big difference is that if some wines went up $1 over your package limit, you only have to pay the $1. If a wine went up $1 over the classic package limit, the classic package buyer would have to pay the full amount, not just the difference.

Correct ghstudio. The problem was not having any idea how much glasses of wine had gone up. I purchased the premium package because I don't care for house wines ( OK, yes I am a wine snob) and I want sure if now I was going to have to shell out an additional $5 just to get a decent glass of wine every time.

I think you have a valid question about wine prices, but I think it's quite different than the questions raisde about the classic package. The big difference is that if some wines went up $1 over your package limit, you only have to pay the $1. If a wine went up $1 over the classic package limit, the classic package buyer would have to pay the full amount, not just the difference.

That's true but keep in mind that the people with the premium package have already paid $10/day/pp more to have that option. (On a 14 day cruise for 2 people its almost $400 extra.)

Add to that the wine prices (of the ones I'm familiar with) haven't really gone up at all in stores so that $1 or $2 or $3 per glass more that Celebrity is now charging is becoming a little outrageous.

Correct ghstudio. The problem was not having any idea how much glasses of wine had gone up. I purchased the premium package because I don't care for house wines ( OK, yes I am a wine snob) and I want sure if now I was going to have to shell out an additional $5 just to get a decent glass of wine every time.

I'm not a wine snob but I am a wine lover and amateur wine educator. If you've not yet tried them I think you'll find several of these wines to quite pleasant indeed. I'd leave the table VERY satisfied after some Domaine Chandon to wake up my palate, the Pouilly Fume with my seafood appetizer, the Chateau Castera with my Duck and a glass of Taylor Tawny to wash down dessert. ;)

I won't quibble about $1 or $2, but if we find all have gone up $4 or $5 then I'm going to have an issue with it. Part of the plus of having the premium package is not having to worry about paying extra or signing any slips.

If on the classic package is it possible to get a Gin and Tonic? How about a large drink?

Most definitely. As for the size, the standard size is larger than that sold in a UK pub - probably close to a large.