Another cancel question-1 person

I searched for an answer before posting :)

We are heading on Ex on 6/19/14, have 4 cabins booked with 2 people in each. There is a possibility that one of the people may have to cancel, leaving 1 room with 1 person. I know the cancel penalties for the person cancelling but what happens to the fare of the person still going?

Thanks!

I searched for an answer before posting :)

We are heading on Ex on 6/19/14, have 4 cabins booked with 2 people in each. There is a possibility that one of the people may have to cancel, leaving 1 room with 1 person. I know the cancel penalties for the person cancelling but what happens to the fare of the person still going?

Thanks!

The single person would have to pay the single supplement.

there is no reason at all to me a no show. The price of the cabin will not change whether you cancel now or be a no show. There will be no refund except for taxes

It has been known for cruise lines to charge the cancelation penalty, up to 100% of cruise fare, and then charge the remaining passenger a single supplement, as they are now booked as a single, being a no show eliminates the chance of that happening.

If the second person is a no show, there will be no refund except for taxes. If they cancel, and the booking is not in the full penalty period yet, then there's a possibility of getting taxes plus some of the cruise fare back, if the single supplement is less than 200%.

It has been known for cruise lines to charge the cancelation penalty, up to 100% of cruise fare, and then charge the remaining passenger a single supplement, as they are now booked as a single, being a no show eliminates the chance of that happening.

that can happen on Carnival in certain circumstances when the person cancelling has insurance. There is a fee regardless and no showing is recommended.

Royal doesn't do that. At least not in the US

Edited by SeaUs

Yes final payment has been made.

The situation that I am in now shows the dangers of taking teenager significant others on vacations. My DS and his girlfriend are breaking up and she is supposed to go on the cruise with us, however I think she is still going to go, at least as of today.