When do they notify you of movies on cruise

We are first time RCI cruisers and have another question..when do they send out emails or notifications of what entertainment, movies etc will be showing on your cruise. On Princess you get a series of approximately 4 emails in the weeks leading up to your cruise from different personnel updating you about specific items for your cruise. Does this happen on RCI? because I haven't gotten any.. nor does my cruise planner show any messages. It is always fun to have the updates and know which movies will be showing and what specific things to look forward to.

Royal does not have advance notification of movies. They will list the movies being shown in the Cruise Compass (daily planner). Some ships also have a document (The Planner?) that summarizes major activities for each day of the cruise, and you may find the movies listed there.

Edited by clarea

I must admit that was one aspect of our Princess cruise that we thought Royal could learn from. It was great to receive emails from the various Department Heads on the ship informing us of our cruise options :)

We are first time RCI cruisers and have another question..when do they send out emails or notifications of what entertainment, movies etc will be showing on your cruise. On Princess you get a series of approximately 4 emails in the weeks leading up to your cruise from different personnel updating you about specific items for your cruise. Does this happen on RCI? because I haven't gotten any.. nor does my cruise planner show any messages. It is always fun to have the updates and know which movies will be showing and what specific things to look forward to.

I've cruised Princess a bunch of times and I never got a notification about movies. (Last time on Princess was 18 months ago). Or maybe I got them and never paid attention?? :confused:

I am aware of the emails, which included what book the book club would be discussing.

they don't.

you find out at turndown each night what is going on on board the next day. when you first board you will get a very abbreviated schedule for the day( what time the welcome aboard show is, when Muster drill is, etc)

The Weekly Planner - I've seen pictures of it here on CC. It's a single page, left in your stateroom on the first night. It has columns under each day of the cruise listing the highlights. I think it's great. However....... I have never received one on any of my cruises.

I've always found the selection of movies (whether big-screen or in-cabin TV) underwhelming, to put it kindly.

Then again, on a cruise I'm rarely sitting around long enough to take in a whole movie.

But if you're looking for loud, colorful, continuous advertising for the cruise line, shopping, and shore excursions, RCI TV is hard to beat! :rolleyes: