Luggage tags

This may be a kind of stupid question, but, we are leaving on the Navigator out of Galveston in August. I know I have plenty of time, but I like to have a good idea of what is going on. Since all of our documents are sent electronically now, where do we get our luggage tags? I asked the RCCl rep on the phone when I booked the cruise, and she said that the porters will print them out for us. Is that right? It sure doesn't sound very efficient to me.

When your e-doc's are issued there will be a page there with the luggage tag you can print out, fold & attach to your luggage...the Porter's WILL have tags at the pier...and can quickly write your cabin # on your tag & you will be set to go as well...

This may be a kind of stupid question, but, we are leaving on the Navigator out of Galveston in August. I know I have plenty of time, but I like to have a good idea of what is going on. Since all of our documents are sent electronically now, where do we get our luggage tags? I asked the RCCl rep on the phone when I booked the cruise, and she said that the porters will print them out for us. Is that right? It sure doesn't sound very efficient to me.

You will be able to print them. You will get email saying e-doc are ready. Just follow instruction

happy cruising

When your e-doc's are issued there will be a page there with the luggage tag you can print out, fold & attach to your luggage...the Porter's WILL have tags at the pier...and can quickly write your cabin # on your tag & you will be set to go as well...

Thank you for your prompt answer. But, I printed out my set sail pass. There was just a picture of the luggage tag, but it said, that it was NOT the luggage tag to use. I got nothing else. I guess I'll just have to wait till we get to the pier. Last time, we printed out luggage tags, just folded them three times, and stapled them to our luggage. I didn't get that this time.

Your luggage tags are included on a page in your Guest Vacation Documents. Not your set sail pass. They are in the booklet... ours are on the 3rd to the last page. Just print out that one page as many times as luggage tags that you need.

Edited by LindaO

You said you do not sail til August....the e-Docs and luggage tag link will show up around day 49 ish....the set sail pass is NOT the same thing..

You do not need eDocs...but the luggage tags are not ready yet

Guest maddycat
Thank you for your prompt answer. But, I printed out my set sail pass. There was just a picture of the luggage tag, but it said, that it was NOT the luggage tag to use. I got nothing else. I guess I'll just have to wait till we get to the pier. Last time, we printed out luggage tags, just folded them three times, and stapled them to our luggage. I didn't get that this time.

Closer to your cruise you will get an email saying that your e-docs are ready. At that time you will be able to print out full size luggage tags. If I remember correctly, it's about 45 days before your departure.

Our cruise is June 22nd. I just completed my online info (set sail sea pass). I clicked in the "print luggage tags" link but nothing happens. Do I need to wait until I receive am email stating my edocs are ready? I don't recall having this many issues on the past.

The porters don't "print" them. They have plain tags they will apply and they write your stateroom number on them. No time wasted, and easy.

I never understood the fascination with luggage tags when it comes to cruising. People check bags at the airport and let the employees tag them without thinking twice. And then they send them all over the world!

Our cruise is June 22nd. I just completed my online info (set sail sea pass). I clicked in the "print luggage tags" link but nothing happens. Do I need to wait until I receive am email stating my edocs are ready? I don't recall having this many issues on the past.

Usually if the "Print Luggage Tags" button appears, your docs are ready. I'd try a different browser.

Closer to your cruise you will get an email saying that your e-docs are ready. At that time you will be able to print out full size luggage tags. If I remember correctly, it's about 45 days before your departure.

Thanks for your information. I guess I'm getting too old and anxious for this anymore. At 80 I'm just not as with it as I wish I was. Thanks again for your help.

Once they are issued, you can print the tags directly from the eDocs or return to where you printed the Set Sail Pass and there should be a 'Print Luggage Tags' option. If you're in a full suite, there should also be an 'Order Luggage Tags' option. I've actually had to wait anywhere from 49 to 35 days out for the eDocs to be issued and these options to appear. Have a great cruise. We loved Navigator before the upgrades and hope to sail her again soon.

Edited by Big_G