If RCI reads the boards - I hope they read this

Their new way of having customers use their cruise planner is about the worst customer friendly site I have had the misery to work with. I signed up for 4 excursions with their RCI website, my bank was billl for all 4 but only 1 of them show up as being purchased. I called and was put on hold 13 minutes and then told that I would have to call back in 20 minutes cause I was logged into the system and she coudn't get it. The next girl saw where I had bood its, didn't know why it wasssn't showing up but was unwilling to give me a form saying it was paid for..... so my questions is do i trust RCI and they have my reservations..... or do i trust my insiints and wonder if they have their **** together?

I've been unable to reserve anything on their new reservations site, even free stuff! Keeps rejecting my credit card. Put in a couple of them, which I know for certain are good, and so far nothing works.

I've been unable to reserve anything on their new reservations site, even free stuff! Keeps rejecting my credit card. Put in a couple of them, which I know for certain are good, and so far nothing works.

You don't need to enter a credit card for the free stuff. When I reserved the shows on Quantum in December, the 'stupid' system asked pay $0, I just clicked the block and it went through.

It is definitely a slow system. I have 4 different reservations for family that I'm trying to book shows on. It took me a very long time to link all of us for the character breakfast. I offered to take one for the team and take the little kids while everybody slept but for some odd reason all 9 people want to go:roll eyes:

It would lock me out of certain ones then claim that we didn't have reservations then go back and forth. Finally I got it.

Debbie

All of my dining reservations paid and my time have disappeared from my schedule. I called royal and they said they are still there but I will have visit guest services on board to resolve (we board today). When I went to check it again last night, our entire cruise has now disappeared. For a major company such as this they have no clue on managing a website.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All of my dining reservations paid and my time have disappeared from my schedule. I called royal and they said they are still there but I will have visit guest services on board to resolve (we board today). When I went to check it again last night, our entire cruise has now disappeared. For a major company such as this they have no clue on managing a website.

Not that I'm making an excuse for the IT problems, but for many years, it has been normal for the reservation to disappear from the website a day or so before the cruise.

I bought my drink package reservations for our June 7th sailing on Oasis before the change in the reservation system as well as a Falmouth excursion. Our previous Giovanni's table reservation and aqua show are still on the calendar and cruise documentation, but the drink package isn't, nor is our excursion in Falmouth. The charges are on the tab for payments made. Also, because of the same credit card issues others are having, we were double charged for the excursion which resulted in multiple long calls to CS. After processing a refund, suddenly I was seeing a balance due on my reservation, so my Set Sail pass cannot be printed. Of course there are three weeks until we cruise, but it's frustrating and I have never had these problems before.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have to agree that for a major company their website is beyond frustrating even when just searching for a cruise. Man up RCI and pay for decent web development that works and is customer friendly. IMO they are trying to patch up a bad site, they should start again!

Just saying!

I have for the last three weeks been trying you SEE my reservation. I have e-mailed numerous times that's seems to be a joke, looks like just the standard we got your request please call this number....yes I have called was on the phone 45 minutes with nothing resolved one time, 20 minutes the next with transferred to another with no results. This is very frustrating I have a paid in full cruise that I cannot access. This is really taking the FUN out of my cruise. All I keep seeing in RED is "we are sorry we cannot access your reservation at this time please call " So not a happy RCL customer.:mad:

I had reserved a tour on Hilo for our last cruise recently and in looking over the tickets, there were none so had to quickly go to the desk and pay for the tour and get our tickets. The tour apparantly didn't get on my initial purchase order and wasn't on my print out.

I hope everyone is able to get their problems rectified but any hope that RCI will read this and do something about it is a waste of time. Their IT department is notoriously bad & has been for years. RCI has chosen to ignore this & continues to use these incompetents!

I hope everyone is able to get their problems rectified but any hope that RCI will read this and do something about it is a waste of time. Their IT department is notoriously bad & has been for years. RCI has chosen to ignore this & continues to use these incompetents!

Maybe it's long past time for the RCI CIO to move on, bring in a new person and clean house. That won't fix the immediate problems but would give hope for longer term improvements in their online customer experience.

Not that I'm making an excuse for the IT problems, but for many years, it has been normal for the reservation to disappear from the website a day or so before the cruise.

Yes, our cruise disappeared a day or so before our last cruise in April.

We only use the web site for pricing and picking a cruise and then use the phone to call them- to book it!

Never booked on their web site! We don't trust it!:eek:

Then a paper copy of everything printed off from emails sent for the booking. Been working OK that way for us, for quite some time with RCL.

Hopefully they will someday? get their Web Site working smoothly-- as it should be by now!

I had the same problem, and I actually had an agent suggest perhaps it was my credit that was a problem!:eek: