When does the upgrade fairy visit?

Last cruise I had sort of a downgrade... booked a certain JS and no one could tell me when or how it happened we ended up in another JS - but with a connecting door!!! Not an experience you want to have when you book your first JS ever!

I´m still waiting for the upgrade fairy to visit me! But I fear with 3 people in a room (14 yo DD) this will never happen...

steamboats

On our last cruise the Oasis we had a JS booked and two days before the cruise we got a call asking if we would pay $200pp to go from a JS to a Crown Loft Suite.....I told her...ummmm.... let me think about it.....okay! I think it was an upsell and not an upgrade but to me it was basically a free suite! And it was fantastic! So I am calling it an upgrade!:eek::cool::D

How often does this kind of thing happen?

Just to report back in on what I said at the top of this page. A couple of people on our thread for Enchantment have reported being visited by the upgrade fairy. There are still 15 D balconies available and we're just a couple of days to sail date. RCCL lowered the price to the point where I booked a balcony myself and netted out better than waiting for an upgrade. The balcony discount lowered the price to below what we originally paid for an OV and we took the difference in OBC. I probably would have received an upgrade this time but I'll never know.:cool:

Just to report back in on what I said at the top of this page. A couple of people on our thread for Enchantment have reported being visited by the upgrade fairy. There are still 15 D balconies available and we're just a couple of days to sail date. RCCL lowered the price to the point where I booked a balcony myself and netted out better than waiting for an upgrade. The balcony discount lowered the price to below what we originally paid for an OV and we took the difference in OBC. I probably would have received an upgrade this time but I'll never know.:cool:

Glad you got a nice cabin and some OBC to boot. Watching prices and snagging such opportunities works; it seems better than waiting for the elusive fairy.