Would You Book Balcony Guarantee on Liberty?

Advice please! We got a bargain basement price on an interior on deck 7 for the 13-night transatlantic on Liberty this fall. We don't mind interior cabins. But checking prices today, we can upgrade to a balcony guarantee for $300. The benefit -- a balcony, a big plus for all those sea days. The downside - it's a GTY category (X) and who knows where we'll be.

I check prices regularly and will continue to. It's a great price. What would you do?

I'd grab it in a heartbeat. I can't think of a bad balcony on Liberty, and $300 total for 13 days is a steal.

Me too, go for it, there's no comparison!

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't hesitate. There are no bad balconies on Liberty (and once you are assigned, you can change to a cabin within the same category if you see one that you like better. Just call, and don't mention the guarantee - just say that you have cabin XXXX and you want to change to cabin YYYY within the same category).

Everyone has their personal price points. For me, a balcony is worth $50 per day. I've had some if the best naps of my life, naps I still dream about from time to time, on sea day afternoons.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement. I was able to grab it! I just checked my reservation and a cabin was already assigned -- 6272 -- an E2 midship on the starboard side. It is going to be so awesome to have a balcony on the transatlantic!

I didn't expect to get a cabin assignment this far in advance, so it's a pleasant surprise to know already. I wanted to post an update because I don't often read about the outcomes with guarantee rates.

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement. I was able to grab it! I just checked my reservation and a cabin was already assigned -- 6272 -- an E2 midship on the starboard side. It is going to be so awesome to have a balcony on the transatlantic!

I didn't expect to get a cabin assignment this far in advance, so it's a pleasant surprise to know already. I wanted to post an update because I don't often read about the outcomes with guarantee rates.

Thanks for reporting back. Glad it worked out. Now that you have an E2, you can change to any other available E2 if you like.

If you are happy on the starboard side, consider 6339 on the hump. If you would like to be on the sunny side, consider 6556.

Edited by clarea

Thanks for reporting back. Glad it worked out. Now that you have an E2, you can change to any other available E2 if you like.

If you are happy on the starboard side, consider 6339 on the hump. If you would like to be on the sunny side, consider 6556.

Thanks for the recommendation - I was able to snag 6338, looks like a great location! Can't wait to try out a hump cabin!

Thanks for the recommendation - I was able to snag 6338, looks like a great location! Can't wait to try out a hump cabin!

Great, I meant 6338:o. Glad it worked out.

congrats , good move