Royal's Website

Anyone been on the home page today. I get a notice---"Royal Caribbean appears to be on vacation".

I found it funny, but wouldn't if I was trying to book something.:eek:

Yes, others have reported the same issue. Been that way for me since late last night.

Edited by clarea

Called C & A and found that the website is down. Expected to be up in about a 1/2 hour from now.

I was trying to get pricing for a cruise and couldn't even see anything on some TA websites.

I told the agent about the chatter here about RCI's IT dept. What a joke it is for a major company with such a fine product. Told him the execs should be ashamed to have such poor IT.

Cruising Power is down too so not much will be happening....It's been fouled up all weekend, which is normal, but not to be THIS bad.

And there are about 90000 threads on how lousy it's been for the past few days, seems that ever since bookings opened for Dynamic Dining...

They need to hire some kids and get it fixed. It's silly, I tried 3 browsers too...just not worth the aggravation....

Cruise Critic needs a sub forum for Royal's IT issues... :p :D

Edited by megr1125

Can't wait until it comes back up and we all get it see what happens next.

Does anyone think it will come back up and all will be right in the world?

Will come back up and cost more! Hope ya'll are doing ok down there in FL

I put a 24 hr hold on a cruise yesterday. It's now been more than 24 hrs since I can't get on this morning. Can't wait to see how this works out.

The Hold will be in place all day today, does not work on a 24 hour clock.

I've put a hold at 8am before and made payment the next day around 6-7pm, no issues.

Early this morning it just said "temporarily out of service because of maintenance, check back later".

Now, I see the message about being on vacation .... they must have major problems.

I guess I will have to call and make a payment on the cruise I have on hold.

I called yesterday and they said 15 min. wait and I hung up after 31 min.

I got thru by calling them with only a 4 min. wait!!:D

He had to put me on hold to cancel the reservation I had and move the deposit funds over to the new reservation that I had on hold but hopefully, everything will look okay when the website comes back up.

It's 11PM here in India, and I've been trying to access the site since 9AM. wanted to finalize on a cruise and finally book it today with the family, but couldn't. The websites of both royal and celebrity are just awful.

Anyone been on the home page today. I get a notice---"Royal Caribbean appears to be on vacation".

I found it funny, but wouldn't if I was trying to book something.:eek:

Same thing here the whole day since early this morning.

Wanted to check my reservations if fares had dropped but no such luck.....

Need a vacation after we sort all this out:D

Booked two cruises Friday, they took two deposits, then issued us a refund but they don't know what for or which Reservation it is for:rolleyes: then tried to make payment on a different cruise and couldn't view payments tab or outstanding balance. They told me it was because it was so far out so I pointed out I have two cruises after that I don't have a problem with.

Booked three excursions and two are processed but other two can't see:eek:

Glad I have three weeks before I sail:confused:

Trying to make a payment on a courtesy hold reservation from yesterday. Not able to sit in front of my computer all day. Aggravating.

Anyone notice the bird that enters the loop near its end in upper left hand side of the "On Vacation" screen? Guess I have already spent too much time in front of computer. :rolleyes: