Do you make or buy luggage tags?

When reading about luggage tags, I think of these tags I found on an embroidery design web site. I've made these on my embroidery machine and really like them.

X4224.jpg

They're not suitable for tagging your bags to be delivered to your cabin, but they do help make your bags a bit more uniquely identifiable after the cruise in the terminal or at the airport baggage claim.

Edited by Daghis

I laminate them ....then punch a hole in them and use zip ties to secure them ..havent lost one yet ..... I buy the no heat needed laminated sheets at wlamart....

Edited by msjaxson

A few years ago I started printing out tags with our name, ship name, and cabin number - use packing tape to fasten them to each side of every bag. It makes it easier to find things in the terminal on disembarkation -and assume it helps the ship crew when on boarding.

j

For my upcoming cruise on the Navigator, I didn't want to deal with printing and laminating the tags. So we ordered our cruise documents (including luggage tags) from Royal Caribbean. The documents came in a nice cohesive book, very easy to use. To me it was well worth the charge.

• 1 month later...

I have read a few posts about luggage tags and want to share with everyone that I bought some clear e-ticket holders that can be easily fixed to a case and used over and over again. Since I bought them we have never "lost" a case

I have a few of the clear luggage tag holders but find them a pain to use. Now, I print the sheets, FOLD as instructed and tape where instructed. I use regular scotch tape, not any special packing tape. I use a tag on each handle and did this even when they sent the adhesive tags. I've never had any problems getting the luggage or the tags falling off.

M

Our daughter and SIL never did get their tags for the 2nd cruise so took their tags from the 1st one and made up a set for them off my scrapbooking program, then bought the tag holders from Amazon. I had printed out tags for the SIL as I had her booking # so could go in and print out the tags for cruise # 1 Only probablem I could see was using the tag ties, they came loose easily so used Zip lock ties.

I just did our online checkin for our Sept. cruise (I know a little early). When do the luggage tags become available so they can be printed out?? There is an example of the tag on the last page, but states "they are not real luggage tags". Help please and thanks.

Luggage tags become available when your e-docs are prepared, approximately 49 days in advance of the cruise. They are available both as a page in the e-docs PDF and also as a separate luggage tag download on the SetSail pass page as shown here:

SetSail-Pass---Luggage-Tags%7E0.jpg