Newbies to river cruising,please check here FIRST

alexandra cruiser

look at http://www.cruisecritic.com/river for loads of info .

Have asked for this to become a sticky or announcement,but so far,not done.

This will help all new to river cruising find basic info.then they can ask additional questions here after.

Tells about different river lines and answers basic newbie questions.

Good luck.:)

I agree,already 107 hits since this am.

Look below,same questions over and over.Not newbies fault, need this info first to help them start their search.

Why have it and make it SO HARD TO FIND??Maybe CC editior will respond,but never did to emails,and separate thread,what gives??:confused:

My only complaint with that link is that it needs to be updated to include other cruise lines like Vantage and Grand Circle that do have a following on this board. ( have asked...)

I too have ASKED,to no avail.Wonder what the problem is?Maybe due to editor being on river cruise?:confused:

My only complaint with that link is that it needs to be updated to include other cruise lines like Vantage and Grand Circle that do have a following on this board. ( have asked...)

The FAQ for newbies should all be generic and not applicable to a specific line.

They do have generic stuff there.Then they list specific cruises after,so you can compare,etc.They just didn't inc.those two on list.

Since many seem to like them(btw not me)but good to have all the options listed.

Then newbies,or others, can ask specific questions on the board and not same ones over and over.

Sticky created:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2046067

Please post comments, corrections, questions, [praise ;)] here.

Jazzbeau, could you also consider adding this link to the sticky as it has useful port info on various ports including river cruise ports. http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/?src=nav

Jazzbeau,

The sticky is great, but I'd like to suggest that you add a link to the member reviews page on CC. I generally find these reviews more useful than the general reviews posted by CC.

FuelScience

Jazzbeau,

The sticky is great, but I'd like to suggest that you add a link to the member reviews page on CC. I generally find these reviews more useful than the general reviews posted by CC.

FuelScience

Thanks for the idea, but member reviews are prominently shown on the page I linked to. There is a small section at the top for Cruise Critic reviews, immediately followed by a large section titled "Read what our members have to say!" with drop-down menus to search by cruise line or ship. Doesn't this cover it?

Jazzbeau, could you also consider adding this link to the sticky as it has useful port info on various ports including river cruise ports. http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/?src=nav

I found that link more confusing than helpful, so I dug through the whole Ports area and found that there are only two geographic areas with River ports (European and Nile). I have updated the stickies with those links.

Jazzbeau…. Could you also ask the editors to include those cruise lines that have been omitted in the original review??

This has already been asked, and I believe they are aware of the issue. This would require changes way beyond my puny powers as a host...

I found that link more confusing than helpful, so I dug through the whole Ports area and found that there are only two geographic areas with River ports (European and Nile). I have updated the stickies with those links.

Perfect! You are doing a terrific job!:)

Hello Hostbeau,

Thank you for all your work. Well, I do not call myself a newbie anymore, but checked out the link and I find it has got some great information on the pages. But I tried to get to river cruising through the home page of cruisecritic. I just cannot find it! Have I missed it? Might others miss it?

Thanks.

notamermaid