Tuxedo rental

We are going on an 8 day Caribbean cruise next year. There are two formal nights. The tuxedo rental option on board seems like a good idea, for about $100 including shoes.

If there are two formal nights, is the rental good for both nights?

I also understand that you have to get all the measurments in before the cruise. If things don't fit as planned, can adjustments be made on board?

We are going on an 8 day Caribbean cruise next year. There are two formal nights. The tuxedo rental option on board seems like a good idea, for about $100 including shoes.

If there are two formal nights, is the rental good for both nights?

I also understand that you have to get all the measurments in before the cruise. If things don't fit as planned, can adjustments be made on board?

Yes, the rental is good for both formal nights. I believe they give you to shirts with the rental.

locobill49

My husband rented a tuxedo on a Celebrity ship, & found it to be a very good deal. He received it the first day & had it for the duration of the cruise. The jacket was too large so the room steward took it to the tailor to be fixed. This was done very quickly. Also the shoes,were the wrong size but they were also replaced without a problem.

Judi

The rental program can be a good deal, but I learned my lesson the hard way. We got invited to the Captain's table (!) and needed a tux. The rental experience was so bad, that I was putting my pants on with 5 minutes to spare. It was an all day ordeal. When we got home from the cruise, I went out and BOUGHT one!

Joe

I also understand that you have to get all the measurments in before the cruise.

Not necessarily. The ships seem to carry a pretty decent stock of all sizes of tuxes for rent. Even so that they will be listed in the Compass as to when tux rental is available. They measure you on the spot.

Sure, its probably recommended to get measured before you board but if you dont and you are a fairly common size, they can measure and fit you right on the ship.

The last two times I rented a tux I wasnt premeasured before boarding the ship. No problems. One time I had an issue with the seat of the pants coming unhemmed. It was resolved within 15 minutes.

You don't HAVE to have the measurements to them ahead of time but it's the better way to go. The tuxedo will be in your cabin when you board the ship. If it does not fit they will take care of it right away. You will have it for both formal nights. They will pick it up from your cabin after the second formal night.

We used the tux rental on Oasis and the tuxes were hanging in the cabin when we arrived. My DH and DS got measured beforehand and we did the order online.

There were 2 shirts with the tux.

Here's a pic of our cabin on arrival day

118.jpg

Edited by Denise5374

I would rather buy the tux , they do not really go out of style and you can normally buy one for 100 or so.I buy a new one every 10 years or so

We likewise made the decision to buy, rather than rent. The downside is having to pack it, and shoes, but we've cut down quite a bit on what we drag along otherwise, so this hasn't been an issue. What is a big benefit is having a properly fitted, tailored tux with the style of shirt/tie/cummerbund that we like, and being able to customize the look. And as far as the shoes are concerned, my husband would have a difficult time in rental shoes--he has to have his own.

We likewise made the decision to buy, rather than rent. The downside is having to pack it, and shoes, but we've cut down quite a bit on what we drag along otherwise, so this hasn't been an issue. What is a big benefit is having a properly fitted, tailored tux with the style of shirt/tie/cummerbund that we like, and being able to customize the look. And as far as the shoes are concerned, my husband would have a difficult time in rental shoes--he has to have his own.

I understand the size issue I wear a 15 eee shoe