Perhaps A Silly Question, but...

babs135

Our check-in time at Southampton is given as 3 pm. Can we turn up earlier? We have a long journey down to the south coast and would like to be on our way early in order to beat the long traffic queues that occur round our area on a Friday.

Was planning to arrive around 1 pm.

Our check-in time at Southampton is given as 3 pm. Can we turn up earlier? We have a long journey down to the south coast and would like to be on our way early in order to beat the long traffic queues that occur round our area on a Friday.

Was planning to arrive around 1 pm.

That should be fine, better safe than sorry!

We always plan to arrive around 1pm / 2pm regardless of the allotted time. We wouldn't rush to get there any earlier.

We have around a four hour drive and like the idea of having a two or so hours emergency time. We leave the car with friends so often have lunch with them and they drop us off at the terminal.

This time tomorrow. :D

Yippee cannot wait.

Certainly sounds a good idea to get there earlier if you can.

My beef is with the forumites who tell me I should abide with the P&O advice concerning casual footwear and then say on the other hand to ignore the P&O advice about what time to get to the terminal!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying any of the repliers above said that to me, but many did on another thread. I've seen this question asked a few times now, each of which had the same similar replies.

Edited by shallwe

Don't think anybody is saying ignore the advice.

If you were going to catch a train at 1 and arrived 4 hours early, you would just wait at the station.

Same with the cruise. You wait outside until they open the terminal seating then go in and and wait until called.

Well that's what we do.

Have a great time

Certainly sounds a good idea to get there earlier if you can.

My beef is with the forumites who tell me I should abide with the P&O advice concerning casual footwear and then say on the other hand to ignore the P&O advice about what time to get to the terminal!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying any of the repliers above said that to me, but many did on another thread. I've seen this question asked a few times now, each of which had the same similar replies.

Fashion Police enrolment takes place just before dining amendments so it's good to be on board early. :D

Same as an earlier post, we arrive about 12 and never been a problem. You can have lunch on board and cabins are normally ready by 2 pm

Remember this could change as it has for the other big lines using Southampton. Princess, RCI, Celebrity are all now insisting on people stick to their allocated time. Will P&O follow??????

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It will be fine to go and start the check in process whenever you arrive. A friend told me she had apologised for being early and was told, "Not to worry about it, it's to encourage spreading out arrivals".

I suppose the last thing they want is 2,000+ passengers turning up all at once.

Remember this could change as it has for the other big lines using Southampton. Princess, RCI, Celebrity are all now insisting on people stick to their allocated time. Will P&O follow??????

Dai: do you know if the other lines are enforcing this?

My Princess cruise next week is definitely staggered by deck, they sent out an email on Sunday telling you your allocated time. Whether its enforced, I will find out next week but they do seem to suggest you wont get on before.

Dai: do you know if the other lines are enforcing this?

My information comes from a lady who works on the check in desk for these other lines. Her pre season briefing stressed that people would not be boarded until their correct time.

So you can put your luggage in and perhaps check in but you will not get on until your time.